It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FEMA, How Powerful?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Hope this forum is the correct place for this post. What is FEMA and how powerful are they,do they really have more power than the President, are there more sinister motives behind this agency than just assisting in natural disasters such as Katrina or maybe a major earthquake? What happens should Martial Law ever be imposed, will they move in and become the government that controls the people? I dont know what to believe but I do know that I am very wary of this agency. Or is the agency nothing more than what it is supposed to be, an agency just assisting victims of natural disasters. What does everyone else think about FEMA?

www.sonic.net...

[edit on 17-3-2006 by tracer]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
I think you should play a game called Deus Ex if you haven't already. Very educational on this subject if you ask me.

Originally playing this game, I thought all of it was made up, but apparently FEMA is a 'real' group, and alot of the other groups involved are 'real' as well.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I checked out the game you talk about, looks very interesting but how real is the game compared to the real FEMA? From what you say it must like bring things to the forefront and become real, am I hearing you correctly?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I don't think FEMA is any more important they the government allows them to be. I certainly don't think FEMA is running the country.

I'm moving this to Website Related Discussions. I think it will fit better there

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:14 PM
link   
FEMA is not very powerful at all. Katrina showed that clearly.

Since being absorbed into DHS FEMA has devolved into just another bureaucracy without a clear mission. It's senior managers are political appointees who tried to force a political agenda onto the highly competent and skilled agency rank-and-file career civil servants with disastrous results.

One day FEMA will become an effective agency. But for right now they still have some growing up to do.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
FEMA

is the Federal Emergency Management Agency. They deal with any kind of disaster or catastrophe. For example, FEMA were the ones who - some say bungled - the clean up of Hurricane Katrina.

FEMA also have been implicated in the Rex84 Program. For more reading on Rex84 visit:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Then, there is a very interesting post by one of ATSs members, accounting thier vist to a 'detainment' camp after Hurricane Katrina.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Hope that gives some insight as to what FEMA is and how powerful they once were.

top topics

join