It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you will hear of wars (iraq) and rumours of war (iran)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
this was on my mind tonight and thought i would put it out there and see what happens. its about what jesus was telling his disciples about the end. i commented on some of them giving my thoughts.

Mat 24:3 And as he sat upon the mount of Olives, the disciples came unto him privately, saying, Tell us, when shall these things be? and what [shall be] the sign of thy coming, and of the end of the world?

Mat 24:4 And Jesus answered and said unto them, Take heed that no man deceive you.

Mat 24:5 For many shall come in my name, saying, I am Christ; and shall deceive many. (mainstream religion, catholic church...etc teaching the false christ...teaching sun worship that started with nimrod in babylon...a satanic teaching that is called religion, there to keep you from the truth...infested egypt and is now running our lives daily...its cloaked with the false christianity and its sisters)

Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars (iraq) and rumours of war(iran): see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

Mat 24:7 For nation shall rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom: and there shall be famines, and pestilences, and earthquakes, in divers places.

Mat 24:8 All these [are] the beginning of sorrows.

Mat 24:9 Then they will deliver you up to be afflicted (all christians who will not give up their faith until death) and will kill you: and you will be hated of all nations for my name's sake.

Mat 24:10 And then many will be offended, and will betray one another, and will hate one another.

Mat 24:11 And many false prophets will rise, and will deceive many.

Mat 24:12 And because iniquity shall abound, the love of many shall wax cold. (too much bad stuff happenin...no true love or trust just sex and violence.)

Mat 24:13 But he that can endure unto the end, the same will be saved.

Mat 24:14 And this gospel of the kingdom will be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then the end will come. (just so someone couldnt say i didnt know about christ...ha yeah i think everybody has heard the message....hopefully people dont ignore the warning like they did with noah.....not much time)

Mat 24:15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, whoso readeth, let him understand: (yeah daniel had some interesting things to say)

Mat 24:16 Then let them which be in Judaea flee into the mountains:

Mat 24:17 Let him which is on the housetop not come down to take any thing out of his house:

Mat 24:18 Neither let him which is in the field return back to take his clothes.

Mat 24:19 And woe unto them that are with child, and to them that give suck in those days!

Mat 24:20 But pray ye that your flight be not in the winter, neither on the sabbath day: (that word has always caught my eye in this verse and the season)

Mat 24:21 For then shall be great tribulation, such as was not since the beginning of the world to this time, no, nor ever shall be.

Mat 24:22 And except those days should be shortened, there should no flesh be saved: but for the elect's sake those days shall be shortened.

Mat 24:23 Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here [is] Christ, or there; believe [it] not.

Mat 24:24 For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if [it were] possible, they shall deceive the very elect. (technology....being able to heal with pharmicudicals and doctors...claiming this pill or that pill will save you on every commercial you see...along with every other materialistic product promising salvation for the soul.....commericals i definatly can see the real message i hope you can......spirit of the antichrist at work no doubt...)

Mat 24:25 Behold, I have told you before.

Mat 24:26 Wherefore if they shall say unto you, Behold, he is in the desert; go not forth: behold, [he is] in the secret chambers; believe [it] not. (middle east and usa and england maybe)

Mat 24:27 For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (easily achieve the speed of light)

Mat 24:28 For wheresoever the carcase is, there will the eagles be gathered together.

Mat 24:29 Immediately after the tribulation of those days shall the sun be darkened, and the moon shall not give her light, and the stars shall fall from heaven, and the powers of the heavens shall be shaken: (maybe nuclear clouds blocking out the sun and moon...king james changed the word for sky or possibly even where the stars are to heaven or heavens)
Mat 24:30 And then shall appear the sign of the Son of man in heaven: (in our atmosphere, sky, maybe coming from space coming down to earth ) and then shall all the tribes of the earth mourn, and they shall see the Son of man coming in the clouds of heaven with power and great glory.

Mat 24:31 And he shall send his angels(beings or machines millions of years more advance than us flying in our sky, after all they did create us) with a great sound of a trumpet, and they shall gather together his elect from the four winds, from one end of heaven to the other.

Mat 24:32 Now learn a parable of the fig tree; When his branch is yet tender, and puts forth leaves, you know that summer [is] nigh: (when you see even the first part of his story start to happen.. the wars and rumors of war, then its about that time)

Mat 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, [even] at the doors.

Mat 24:34 I say unto you, This generation shall not pass, till all these things be fulfilled.

Mat 24:35 Heaven and earth shall pass away, but my words shall not pass away.

Mat 24:36 But of that day and hour knoweth no [man], no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only. (his children dont know the day or hour but he left us info on when to start looking for him..probably down to months..)

Mat 24:37 But as the days of Noe [were], so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. ( people were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, being busy entertaining themselves with things of this world)

Mat 24:38 For as in the days that were before the flood they were eating and drinking, marrying and giving in marriage, until the day that Noe entered into the ark,

Mat 24:39 And knew not until the flood came, and took them all away; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. (because people do not take our creators word serious...never study his word to see what he has said to us, and refuse to listen to it but still call themselves christians....they will be caught off guard...all people no matter the religious title they give themselves)

Mat 24:40 Then shall two be in the field; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:41 Two [women shall be] grinding at the mill; the one shall be taken, and the other left.

Mat 24:42 Watch therefore: for ye know not what hour your Lord doth come.

Mat 24:43 But know this, that if the goodman of the house had known in what watch the thief would come, he would have watched, and would not have suffered his house to be broken up. (the goodman knew that he was coming)

Mat 24:44 Therefore be ye also ready: for in such an hour as ye think not the Son of man cometh.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Funkydung]

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Funkydung]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Well, hearing "of wars and rumors of wars" is nothing new at all. That's been happening for centuries...sorry, I didn't have the time to read the WHOLE thing, I just had to comment on the title and part of your post. A lot of the things about the "end of times" are very interesting to study though.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by Funkydung
Mat 24:6 And you will hear of wars (iraq) and rumours of war(iran): see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

..see that ye be not troubled: for all [these things] must come to pass, but the end is not yet.

I don't think that any number of the signs necessarily means the end of times is near. Since the above says that the end is not yet after those things come to pass, there must be a time lag.

There is also a lot of symbolism in the Bible. Those who prophecy the end from current events take a lot of the language literally, which I do not believe to be the case. I take Matthew 24:36 to mean that we won't even be able to narrow down a time frame for when it will happen.

"But of that day and hour knoweth no man, no, not the angels of heaven, but my Father only."

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mw080
Well, hearing "of wars and rumors of wars" is nothing new at all. That's been happening for centuries...sorry, I didn't have the time to read the WHOLE thing, I just had to comment on the title and part of your post. A lot of the things about the "end of times" are very interesting to study though.

true. but details were given by jesus describing the wars of the last days. wars thru our history doesnt even compare. the description of details of the last wars and the peoples knowledge and things that would be happening...describe this point in history...not 100 years ago and definatly not any before that.
even daniel was told about this point in history

Daniel 12:4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

no other point in history has mankinds knowledge increased like the past few decades and he was telling about the end time war. not a war out in a field somewhere but advanced war

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Jer 51:46 And lest your heart faint, and ye fear for the rumour that shall be heard in the land; a rumour shall both come one year, and after that in another year shall come a rumour, and violence in the land, ruler against ruler.

What does it mean, A RUMOR shall BOTH come one year? That means that the rumor will come and the result of the rumor will come.

And after that, in another year, a rumor and violence, the result of the rumor.

The judgement of Babylon in Jeremiah is the judgement of the land of the Chaldeans. This is modern day Iraq.

A rumor and violence comes one year. Gulf War 1

In another year, rumor and violence. Gulf war 2

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
1Thessalonians 5:

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.

No one is going to know when this will happen, we will be enjoying life and thinking everything is just fine. When bang, here it comes.

posted on Apr, 19 2006 @ 11:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
1Thessalonians 5:

2 For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night. 3 When they are saying, Peace and safety, then sudden destruction cometh upon them, as travail upon a woman with child; and they shall in no wise escape.

No one is going to know when this will happen, we will be enjoying life and thinking everything is just fine. When bang, here it comes.

First post on ATS and i have to say that you are very misleading considering that you have taken it out of context.

How? Simple, by reading the very next verse...

1 Thess. 5:4 But ye, brethren, are not in darkness, that that day should overtake you as a thief.

5Ye are all the children of light, and the children of the day: we are not of the night, nor of darkness.

6Therefore let us not sleep, as do others; but let us watch and be sober.

If Christ revealed in the OT things concerning His First Coming, then SURELY he will reveal in the Bible things concerning his Second Coming.

We may not know the day nor the hour, but the bible does say...

Matthew 24:33 So likewise ye, when ye shall see all these things, know that it is near, even at the doors.

On Topic : I do believe that the perpetual state of war we are in (WoT) is the fulfillment of Matt 24:6.

Of course it goes on to say that "these are the beginnings of sorrows" and it is quite coincidental that after the Iraq War a "disaster of biblical proportions" occured in 2004 with the Tsunami. THEN in 2005 we have the destruction of New Orleans and the Pakistan earthquake.

Perhaps i'm just looking into these "signs/things" too closely but if it is true that we are in the endtimes then it's going to get much worst, and its occurance will be more frequent.

[edit on 20-4-2006 by Shortness]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 03:13 AM
link   

originally by Funkydung

This just one of many quotes you made. While i will not knock or ridicule any persons beliefs or religion, i think that this could be just your interpretation of the Bibles quotes. This is in no way a derogatory remark towards you. Most people can interpret any verse and make it suit their own ideals. This fine if that is what they feel comfy with.

In the same instance, we have the Koran being interpreted in much the same way by extremists. They interpret it to fuel their own ideals.

Basically, we can read any verse from the Bible and put it across with our own interpretation, and others will always think,'hey, that makes sense'.

Your post made very interesting reading, and i applaud your views and interpretations.

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by valkeryie
1Thessalonians 5:

i read that and i immediately think 9/11. seriously, before that day, average people was just going about their average lives. then that nightmare of a day just came out of the blue...

[edit on 20-4-2006 by karby]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 11:29 AM
link   
As i mentioned before karby, that is what you thought about when you read it, hence your interpretation of the verse.
I can understand why you thought back to 911 by reading the verse.

top topics

join