It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

V for Vendetta Represents NWO

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 08:13 AM
link   
no comments on the cross of lorraine (double cross) used in the movie? Shame. Was intrigued by why the director chose to use that symbol...

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   
i havent seen the movie yet but im looking forward to it. definatly a trigger movie. this is another one thats coming out 6-6-06. its the new omen movie www.theomenmovie.com... and it looks pretty amazing. seeing the things going on in this world today and with these movies it make you wonder how much longer will our sanity last.

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I finally managed to watch this yesterday and i must say this was one awesome film

The lead character V had some really great dialoges ,fully using the english language to its utmost, it sure delighted my ears listening to it

As to those in this thread saying V stands for the NWO ,come on people this is about how to fight the NWO ,1 person stands up for the rest and shakes them by the shoulder till they all realise what is happening and that its time to make a stance against this.

I really got goosebumps when to the end they all marched on parliament and the soldiers just stood still in awe and didnt know what to do.

We are the People, Power to the People

[edit on 26-6-2006 by Fett Pinkus]

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:01 AM
link   
I don't know why people see V as some sort of hero, he isn't. He is a fricken lunatic as is evidenced by his torture of a bald Natalie Portman. As I watched the movie for the second time, I kept wondering who was worse, the Dictator or the Anarchist? Also in the Comics, Evey(V again
) was supposed to snap like V. She didn't and that blew. Also the Ironic killings of his tormentors of the past was also skirted over, they really should have concentrated on that part of it just to hammer the point home that this V character is one sick puppy. Surely as sick if not sicker then the people he is taking his Vengance out on. Thus the name V for Vendetta.

The whole movie illustrates the two extremes we as a society must struggle to stave off(Except for that part at the ends with all those V costumes, that was just stupid)

posted on Jun, 26 2006 @ 04:36 AM
link   
He may have done some evil stuff but hey if this happened to you , what would you do given the chance ?

I think sometimes people like these are necessary to fight evil as good people might not have enough scrupel to do whats got to be done.

But never forget this is not a true story

posted on Jun, 27 2006 @ 03:09 AM
link   
just hope you get the one pulling all strings, otherwise it will happen all over again.

human beings never learn, the Nazi's tried this, now the NWO is trying it. Rulling by Fear and Total control is never the answer. (like Darth Vader) No one can totally remove crime and wars with this system, you can only reduce its frequancy, unless you can control the minds of ever single human being...... I think they are gonna try this.

The best course of action is to promote good moral ethics and understand between human beings. Help most of mankind to become morally enlighten beings, when mankind becomes more responsible and reasonable for his actions, the risk of crimes and wars will be greatly reduced. Of course you still need a moral and capable leader, or everthing will collaspe.

Mankind can only progress well with a good system, not with the corruption, greed, fear, anger, control and the forced or economical slavery in the current system. The NWO could just be uniting and rulling the world using these same wicked ideals emplifyed. It is almost like a strict totlitarian goverment.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elex
no comments on the cross of lorraine (double cross) used in the movie? Shame. Was intrigued by why the director chose to use that symbol...

indeed, I watched it today, and this was the most striking image. Isn't it one of the logos of the Knights Templar??

www.ordotempli.org...

although this contradicts: freemasonry.bcy.ca...

Its more of an authortarian, one nation based thing, rarther than a NWO, but whose to say similair types of government weren't in place across the world within the storyline

I don't see how blowing up parliament would do anything though? Its a stunning building, a part of our history and culture. They would just build another parliament. And heck, there was no mention of tight controls on the democratic process, yes radical opponets were beaten, but the public could still vote. Even after being spoonfed lies by state owned television (BBC does this anyway lol) there was political will against it, so they could just vote them out.

I found it funny how they shutdown the tube system.........the country wouldn't stay on its feet without it.

Theres a nice bash at Bush considering the High Chancellor (Hitler's position) was a 'devout' conservative christian (Even though bush and the fictional chancellor aren't). I found the hateful stereotype of a paedophile bishop to be a bit off, but meh most of the theories are.

I hoped the storyline would keep more in line with secret societies etc, financial elite, but there were refrences to wars in Iraq, Syria and Sudan, nice touch. Coupled with the consideration of government inflicted terrorist attacks on their own people.
It was more of a libertarian's wet dream (they need things like this to illustrate their point) than a NWO, Rothschild plot....blah...blah

The TV bloke at the start going on a rant about Muslims, homosexuals etc.....very very crude. Evil whitey I guess

Also note the refrences to 'colonies', maybe the British Empire is still alive?

Why on earth do all the Hollywood films feel the need to implement stupid things like masks and kung fu matrix style fight scenes, ruined it for me

Mr Credy looks like Rumsfield or Chency when he loom foward in the dark 'cabinet' room

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Peyres]

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Having finally viewed this movie, I can now read this thread!

Some interesting points made by all.

I think that the creators used the double cross simply because its a cross, and The Party stresses faith (as opposed to the nazis, who stressed sacrifice to the state, or the communists, who stressed economic equality, etc). If he had used a regular cross, it'd've been too obvious and too insulting, result in bad press, but the symbol used, its like a cross, but different, so its not an explicit of christianity, just extreme faith in general. ALso, england already uses a cross in its flag, so its not nuts to have The Party use a cross on its flag. Plus, the thing just looks right, when its on a pole and laying naturally, it looks like a real flag (like that anyway). I'd imagine that the comic book had that as the symbol too no?

As far as the similarities to NWO conspiracy theories, that was clearly intentional, not an accident, but not some sort of 'warning' of what 'they' have planned.
Of course, The Party itself isn't the NWO, its just a nationalist party, not a global dictatorship, indeed, its the anti-NWO (ironically).

The movie is hitting up lots of ideas of things that people think are wrong today (indeed, these are things that peopel have allways felt were wrong). Such as the television character, he's broadcast everyhwere, he's a hypocrite, he's a boer, his entire show seems to be based on jingoism, etc. Even the fact that there's only one channel, BTN, the British Television Network, shows what people are frightened of, monopoly within the media.

The 'fingermen' as a sort of gestapo/nkvd/kgb/secret police reference is pretty obvious.

Whats curious about the movie is that the flag we see isn't the Union Jack, but the flag of The Party, The Party has taken over the government, and created this new position of 'high chancellor'. The Party isn't just a regular political party too, it comes from outside of the government, and takes it over.

Of course, the reference to manufactured war and false flag terror operations can't be taken as anything but an illuminati-style attack, another reference, but not a 'warning'.

I was bothered by the V character. It makes more sense that he's a lunatic in the comics. When we first see him, its clear that he is distrubed, what with that flourish of alliteration, clearly obsessive. But he is ultimately presented as a hero, indeed he's presented as 'the ideal', which is odd. He kidnaps and tortures a girl until her mind breaks and she is ready to be utterly devoted to the cause.
This is normally seen as a bad thing. But the government that V fights against is so utterly evil, that its presented as a good thing. Bizzarely, the movie makes the statement that torture is acceptable for political goals.

The movie also does a poor job of keeping his Vendetta seperate from the ostensibly noble and worthwhile cause of Liberty. Perhaps that is a statement in itself, but we don't really get a clear picture, is he killing these people to further the cause of liberty? They are afterall the big features within The Nation at that point. But we really don't have a sensible picture of V. Indeed, we never see his face, we never actually know this character, he's simply a device in the movie (which, again, could be taken as a message in itself). This is ironic though, because we hear in the beinging that in addition to remembering Guy Fawkes Day, we should know and remember the man, Guy Fawkes, but we never know the man, V.

I have to say, I especially liked the Guy Fawkes bit. The opening scene has the Balliol being demolish, to music and fireworks which everyone sees. Guy Fawkes day is remembered with Fireworks. If you think about it, thats sort of a big "eff you" to the government. Burning effigies of guy fawkes would be a loyalist thing, but having explosions, its an act of defiance, its saying, to the government, "remember, we can and will destroy you if we need to". This is the same thing that the 4th of July is saying, in a sense, or at least was intended to. That was a very satisfying and illuminating presentation.

posted on Aug, 9 2006 @ 10:53 PM
link   
This is interesting. Comments by the creator of the comic book (made in the early 80s):

en.wikipedia.org...
After reading the script, Moore remarked that his comic had been "turned into a Bush-era parable by people too timid to set a political satire in their own country.... [This film] is a thwarted and frustrated and largely impotent American liberal fantasy of someone with American liberal values standing up against a state run by neoconservatives — which is not what [the comic] 'V for Vendetta' was about. It was about fascism, it was about anarchy, it was about [England]." He later adds that if the Wachowskis had wanted to protest what was going on in America, then they should have used a political narrative that spoke directly at America's issues, similar to what Moore had done before with Britain.[10] The film changes the original message by arguably having changed "V" into a freedom fighter instead of an anarchist. An interview with producer Joel Silver[11] suggests that the change may not have been conscious; he identifies the V of the graphic novel as a clear-cut "superhero...a masked avenger who pretty much saves the world,"

And here is what looks like a really intersting set of pages on the comic:
www.shadowgalaxy.net...

[edit on 9-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 05:11 AM
link   
Sorry i havent had time to read it all yet, but i think this movie is the best movie i have EVER seen.

Also I find it interesting that they chose 'V'...ie first thing that came to my mind was the series 'V'.... about reptilians trying to take over the world?

The first thing that came to my mind to was: V lol, it basicly is the same thing, evil trying to take over the world and a few good man trying to stop them, so ah well.

Also... some rumours going around that the Wachowski Brothers are freemasons...i haven't been able to clarify this to be true or not.....interesting none the less

If they are freemasons, and freemasons are really that evil ass people say(witch i dont believe, read the post: divided they conquer, united we stand) aren't they heros, arent they the ones that try to get it trough to people what we are about to face, doesn't that make them the ultimate hero's???

V is meant to be everyone, and he is willing to do what everyone should be willing to do in his/our situation.

totally agree with this, V is not the evil one, V is us, V is the people, V is the one who is considered a terrorist and he is the one that had done the terrorist attack(see the movie) Aren't we considered ading terrorists and non-patriotic if we diagree with bush and stuff?
WE ARE V! ALL OF US!

also, i think this link explaines the resemblance between the movie and RL.

video.google.nl... endetta+vendetta

It containes peaces of the movie, so be warned, but it is 100000000% worth it, cause it will also giveyou a good trailer
ow the greatness of this movie

forgot something:

I hope they don't make a second of this movie like they did with the Matrix. It was a great movie! A little less "cool" then the Matrix but the feeling at the end was almost just as good.

I personally think it was a symbol.
A few remaining free people versus the evil "matrix".
The last battle being fought in Zion, the bible says is the place for the last battle.
One chosen hero, who saves the rest >>jezus???? maybe??

Only i think the message with this movie didn't came quite true...ehm...saying that wrong, nobody noticed it, i mean, and i think we are safe to say they are noticing it with this movie, aren't they???

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Patronas]

posted on Aug, 10 2006 @ 07:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Patronas
V is meant to be everyone, and he is willing to do what everyone should be willing to do in his/our situation.

totally agree with this, V is not the evil one, V is us, V is the people, V is the one who is considered a terrorist
He kidnaps and brutally tortures people. He's expressly not a hero, he's, at best, something of an anti-hero. And the intent of the people that made the original comic book was that he was, infact, an anarchist terrorist. No 'black and white good versus bad' there. Just smeared gray.

A few remaining free people versus the evil "matrix".
The last battle being fought in Zion, the bible says is the place for the last battle.
One chosen hero, who saves the rest >>jezus???? maybe??

If you look at the matrix trilogy, it goes through a progression. The first one is the story about a saviour, neo, the one. The next is more of a communist allegory, people comming together as equals to fight the fascist machines. The third, peacnikes, peace at any price, thats the onyl way to beat 'the matrix', which had been controlling all sides, the 'good' and the 'bad', in order to enslave men with an illusion. Once they get peace, but not 'victory over the machines', people are freed.

and i think we are safe to say they are noticing it with this movie, aren't they???

V for Vendetta seemed like a criticism of current events and the hope for some superhero to magically save us all, because thats precisely what was intended. That was the story that the movie makers wanted to tell.
Apparently, thats anything BUT what the original writer of the V for Vendetta comics wanted.

[edit on 10-8-2006 by Nygdan]

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 03:00 AM
link   

We have a winner!!! I couldn't agree more. That is one of the main messages of the movie. Anyone can draw an inference about ANYTHING if they choose to see the world in that way. You don't have to look too hard to see what the movie is saying. Turn on CNN- it's saying the same thing, but in CNN's case you DO have to look a little deeper
...or simply....Think For Yourself.....

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elex

watched V last night on DVD. Great Movie

Funny you mentioned The Cross of Lorraine. After the movie was over I turned off the DVD player and switched over to TV just in time to catch a commercial for
The American Heart and Lung association, they use The Cross of Lorraine as their logo.

It made me remember a line from the movie. "There are no coincidences only the illusion of them".

Watch "Sybolism in the Media" a video presentation by Michael Tsarion to get a better idea of the use of symbols.
video.google.com...

posted on Aug, 11 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
my mistake, it' the American Lung Association

www.lungusa.org...

take a look

posted on Aug, 13 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
This may be a little late, but i just remembered some other verry great movie witch represents the NWO even more, and i really mean this!!
fortress it is called, you have 1 and 2.

www.imdb.com...

A futuristic prison movie. Protagonist and wife are nabbed at a future US emigration point with an illegal baby during population control. The resulting prison experience is the subject of the movie. The prison is a futuristic one run by a private corporation bent on mind control in various ways.

Summary written by Mark Allyn [[email protected]]

In a futuristic USA, it's forbidden to give birth to more than one child for each woman. As usual, you can escape to Mexico to avoid the authorities in USA, which is exactly what John and Karen Brennick were trying to do when Karen is pregnant with her second child (their first child was born dead). When they think they have made it they are discovered and put to prison (for 31 years), a modern prison called the "Fortress" where the prisoners are controlled by lasers, neutron-cannons, cameras, mind-scanners and electronic pain-causing devices in their stomachs. With those odds, John still plans to escape with his wife.

If you look at the movie you'll notice for example the barcodes on there arms, where all there data is on, depopulation(georgia guidestones anyone??), prisons woth mind controll!, well you'll figgur it out, watch it, it's worth it

posted on Jun, 12 2008 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by mw080

I hope I'm standing next to you when you realize the truth...I suspect you won't think it is funny.Your ignorant.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 11:47 AM
link   
IMHO, Wachowski Brothers know more than they let on and are maybe trying to send messages to the people. Neo Anderson's Passport in Matrix 1999, expired on 9.11.01. The flag in V for Vendetta shows America, Britain, and a swastika with the words, "Coalition of the Willing".

V was written by a the same guy who wrote "To Hell". About masonic order as the real Jack ripper. There are so many symbolism behind the wachowski films. Also they became recluses after the Matrix.

posted on Sep, 21 2008 @ 12:45 PM
link   
Yeah the V for Vendetta movie is pretty good, although it is quite old now.
I love the quote from their website "People should not be afraid of their Governments, Governments should be afraid of their people." That pretty much puts things in perspective.

-map

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
the movie depicts guy fawkes one of the conspirators of the gunpowder plot as a sort of hero for the people. But in reality he tried to destroy british parlement and king James I. the same king james that authorised the kjv bible and brought it to the common man!!!! he was sponsored by the vatican/jesuits.

so the movie glorifies a man who tried to destroy the word of god.

posted on Mar, 15 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   
reply to post by omarsharif

Let's play this out a bit.

King James I of the United Kingdom, the same man who was King James VI of Scotland. The man who created the United Kingdom and was well known for his passion of studying the occult?

Is this the same man who took an already misrepresentative Latin account of the Greek story which had the first part originally written in Hebrew with a few parts written in Aramaic ?

Is Guy Fawkes the same man who ranked 30th in a poll of the top 100 Britons as voted for by the public completely lambasting the unaccounted for king?

So in effect Guy Fawkes tried to kill a man who brought the trouble that has been the United Kingdom together and studying the occult whilst revamping the supposed word of God into a more controlling version to his own people - all against the Vatican's own wishes. In effect bringing about the reformation which has caused so many deaths all over the world in the name of either praising the saints and Mary, Jesus' mother, as a virginal holy figure as oppose to the actual teachings of Jesus Christ.

and I've not even started on the movie yet...nice necro by the way

-m0r

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join