It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USA Military Firsts vs. Russian Military Firsts

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
The USA has a great military history but to some degree so does Russia, at least previously. It alarmed me a bit when I read that Russia invented the first ICBM.

I imagine that many documents would have to be declassified to get a complete take on this posit. How much information is shared now and previously between the two nations?

A little digression: for those even remotely thinking which is a better nation should know the average USA citizen lives significantly longer than the average Russian citizen and has for many years; what are the stats on this?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Russian pilots are the first to fly a plane through the eye of a needle...or will be: Pravda is vague on this; it doesn't mention if they attempted it or are only going to...if the later...it does not say when they will attempt this.

World's Greatest Aerobatic Stunt

Sorry if you can't read the russian: It says basically -

The Russian group "Russian Champions" will fly through the cleft in the famous cliff of Tyanmin; which is only 28x57 meters. Their wing spans are 14.7 meters.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   
Interesting comment Stratrf_Rus. I believe that many in military and nonmilitary aerospace dream about sending all possible aerospace vehicles through moving and/or fixed nature-made and/or man-made needle eyes.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I heard about that upcoming event. I'm eagerly looking forwards to countless web videos of it. (Provided all goes well, of course)

posted on Mar, 25 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   
USA, Soviet (Russian) and the rest of the world military inventions…

Well, I think that everyone was pretty innovative and all nations – First and Second world – had their far share of inventions…

The US, UK, France and Russia took Nazi rocket technology at the end of WW2, but the real prize (the scientists) ended up in the USA and Soviet Union. These (ex Nazi) scientists were instrumental in developing the space and military rocket programmes.

The digression…

Life expectancy (LE) and child mortality (CM) / 1000 births (source WHO).
Male / female

UK LE = 76 / 81
UK CM = 7 / 5

USA LE = 75 / 80
USA CM = 9 / 7

Russian Feb LE = 58 / 72
Russian Fed CM = 18 / 14

Swaziland LE = 33 / 36
Swaziland CM = 159 / 147

Sierra Leone LE = 44 / 46
Sierra Leone CM = 297 / 270

UK/US modern health care, Russia is a bit backward Swaziland and Sierra Leone is mediaeval. You would not want to be born on Sierra Leone – it’s sad.

Regards

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Does the inventor have to have most powerful military? That is, in the military stock pile, the perentage of inventions multiplied by significance? How has this varied through time?

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   
These are not firsts, but Russia has made the biggest Tank, cannon, and Nuclear bomb. All have an appropriate Tsar in front of them.

posted on May, 11 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Senor_Vicente, all of technology, including military, created by a nation falls into the "first", "middle", or " last" category, where "last" is the most advanced. This technology could have been created "independent" or "dependent" of any other nation. So, six classifications exist: "independent first", "independent middle", "independent last", "dependent first", "dependent middle", and "dependent last". You cannot think that Russia is "independent last" in all of military technologies.

Support the USA, if nothing more than that it feeds you.

new topics

top topics

join