It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evidence- Nasa UFO'S (VIDEO)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 12:46 AM
link   
I should also note that I did see the obect that appears to travel on a curved path around the earth (although I think this may also be do to the zooming at the time) suddenly change course and go around the atmosphere at the lim. That to me was an interesting feature as the course change was highly curved over the area of the limb of the atmosphere.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Sereda spoke of these objects being in a "quantum state". i've googled and read a bit about it but it's a little over my head. can anybody define this in simpler terms for me?

added: i think i figured it out. i'm taking it as the UFOs being in the high frequency state.

[edit on 21-3-2006 by Wulfi]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfi
Sereda spoke of these objects being in a "quantum state". i've googled and read a bit about it but it's a little over my head. can anybody define this in simpler terms for me?

added: i think i figured it out. i'm taking it as the UFOs being in the high frequency state.

Yeah which is why they cannot be seen from the ground, or from the 'regular-frequency' (TV) cameras, only from infra-red cameras. From what I understand, the UFOs are able to travel inter-galactic distances faster than the speed of light due to this high-energy state. It enables the craft to escape our understanding of physics at least! The galaxy theory Sereda explains on the black board is very interesting, pity I only managed A-level at Physics oterwise i'd probably be able to fully understand this!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wulfi

Well, it comes down to this:

An object of mass will have a temperature. Just like you are me. Any mass object above absolute zero temperature will emit electromagnetic radiation. It will emit radiation at all possible frequencies (but subject to quantized limits that are irrelevant to the immediate discussion). But most of emitted radiaton will be centered around frequencies that vary depending on the temerature of the object. For example, the iron on a stovetop, at room temperature, mostly glows in the infrared spectrum. But if you heat it up enough, it glows red, in the visisble spectrum. If you were to heat it up enough, most of the energy would be in the ultraviolet, although there would still be enough radiation in the infrared and visible ranges to detect it with IR and to see it glow a quite bright white color Generally, if you can see it above ultraviolet, you can also see it in visible and with IR.

So now, this guy says that these UFOs are highly visble in ultraviolet, but don't show up at all under IR. That is mysterious, because the bodies aren't behaving like standard "black body radiators." This is an important scientific mystery. One of complete legitimacy to mainstream science. This is where the astrochemist at nasa completely agrees with the author.

I think the author surmises that they are in some kind of quantum state, where all of the energy is quantized to only emit radiation at specific ultraviolet frequencies. This is where he gets a bit beyond my understanding, and I start to think a little into the new agey arena.

His theory that they are pure energy in a quantum state in the UV range is pretty far out there. Its quite a leap. As far as I am aware, certainly, there aren't any organized masses of the size of these supposed entrant objects that can be placed in a quantum state, on mass, without the temperature of the object quickly distributing the energy emissions back to the normal thermodynamic norm of the black body radiator. That is why they would have to be pure energy.

Furthermore, when he states that quantized energy would not be subject to relativistic limitations of the speed of light, I get a bit confused. First, I'm not sure what form of energy he is refering to. If he is refering to electromagnetic energy, then the light waves carrying the packet cannot move any faster, or slower, than c, in a vacuum, according to our theorues, in any reference frame, including those relative to our sun and other stars. Furthermore, because the packet of energy emitting the UV is moving much slower than c in the movies, they would have to be pulses carried on EM waves traveling from the source to the destination. This would require a lot of sustained energy for a long time, mor ethan the packet itself And the packet would essentially be pure information. It would not emit its own spherical ultraviolet light waves.

So when he starts talking about 'pure quantized energy' I start to see guys with 1970s hair and bears singing praise songs to the ufo whle living in a Hawain commune. I just don't get it and it smacks of pseudoscience, where they throw around the term 'pure energy' like some kind of chakra. But maybe he just needs to explain what he means by 'pure energy'

In any case, after seeing that the angular reflection of one of the objects was entirely caused by camera zoom, I am inclined to believe that the author is either a fraud, or is so intent on seeing what he wants, that he can't apply occam's razor.

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

[edit on 23-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   
If it is the later, and he truly believes that the camera zoom has nothing to do with it, I would love to discuss it with him and find out what leads him to believe that is not the cause. If he has reasons for this, I wanna know what they are!

posted on Mar, 23 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Ectoterrestrial - Although I can't even pretend to know exactly what you wrote, it is good to see that there are people capable of objectively applying their science or math knowledge. Anything that can help identify or interepret beyond wild unfounded speculation is always a big plus.

You just got one of my votes this month mate.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join