It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why no interception of alien communication...?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   
The following stems from a conversation I had with my 11 year old son the other night:

If beings from other star systems have been, and are currently, visiting earth (as many believe to be true), then the sheer vastness of space all but eliminates the possibility that those who find our planet do so accidentally as a result of just wandering around in space.

It is also does not seem likely (to me) that our location in space just happens to be such that earth has become some sort of intergalactic 7-11 or petting zoo for travel-weary 'aliens' on their way towards other (more important) destinations.

So then, if neither 'chance' nor 'convenience' fully explains why 'aliens' might be visiting earth --given the large number of reported UFO sightings, alien abductions, etc-- then the *why* of alien visitation must spring forth from something more purposeful, more structured, and more controlled.

Perhaps, 'aliens' yearn and strive to expore the universe for the same reasons we do... yet to do so, even for an advanced civilization, is an incredible achievement.

And just as we on earth --in our pursuit of adventures beyond the blue-- do not "go to space" without tremendous research, development, and planning (and money), it makes sense that other civilizations (not withstanding any advanced knowledge, technology, etc.) would have similiar issues to contend with before blasting off to visit other worlds.

Which leads to my main point:

Given the manifold complexities associated with space travel (based on the laws of the universe as we currently understand them), it seems unlikely that any space traveler would have the luxury of flying around in space (no "alien road trip") for any period of time without being in contact with --and ultimately having to report back to-- those under whose authority they are sent out to explore the cosmos (the "space command" of their planet or system).

Which now leads to my question:

If 'aliens' visit our planet from other star systems, and there is communication [most likely via EMR, which -in theory- we should be able to detect] between spacecraft in the vicinity of earth and the distant star system from which they originated, then why has there been no detectible (SETI or otherwise scientifically validated) communication intercepted *FROM* the host planets of these 'alien' visitors as they approach, orbit and land on earth?

This seems to me to be a much-overlooked but important piece to the 'alien' visitor/UFO puzzle. And other than the one-time 'WOW' signal being detected by SETI, there has been nothing whatsoever like this detected (to my knowledge). I consider this to be a key in discerning whether or not 'aliens' are truly space travelers from other star systems... or something else pretending to be.

All thoughts are appreciated!

(Just a note: I will not be back on here for a few days, so do not view my absense in this thread as lack of interest in any responses... I will be back on asap!)

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Our understanding of electromagnetism is extremely limited.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Well, personally I agree, we're not some intergalactic rest stop, in my own personal opinion only 1-3 species have ever visited us, and probably only one continues to, to one degree or another.

Now, as for alien comunications systems.

Think about it, why would aliens, whom have advanced technologicaly far enough to travel interstellar distances, still use primitive radio or EM based communications.

We have science today, that someday could allow us to communicate vast distances without a time lag.

Quantum Entanglement for one, maybe aliens have created a system that uses quantum entanglement as the base for a communications system.

Maybe they do something similiar to StarGate, sending tight band radio signals in higher dimensions, thus shortening lag time.

Or maybe they communicate telepathicaly.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Most of the "aliens" that are corporal beings and have nothing to say to violent, primitive bags of H2O.

Some of the other "aliens" are from other space/time/dimensions and reside in what humans call the spirit world. Some adepts can communicate with them on a telepathic level but have little in common so the visits are extremely brief.

There are other entities that just "are" and can be anywhere, anywhen, anything, and to them we are as ants at a picnic. Even less really!

On a cosmic scale about all that human beings have going for themselves is Rock and Roll and a decent sense of humor. Actually in the grand scheme of things; that's not too bad.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Either that or we are just a vast harvesting ground, and when they come they will harvest us for our DNA and use the survivors to go back to work in the mines like the Annunaki before.....

Hmmmm....nah I think Humanity will kill itself before that happens..

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:10 PM
link   
Alien Radio

Originally posted by blackholebrain
If 'aliens' visit our planet from other star systems, and there is communication [most likely via EMR, which -in theory- we should be able to detect] between spacecraft in the vicinity of earth and the distant star system from which they originated, then why has there been no detectible (SETI or otherwise scientifically validated) communication intercepted *FROM* the host planets of these 'alien' visitors as they approach, orbit and land on earth?

Since the "If" clause presumes alien visitation, I think the most likely reasons would be:

1. They use methods of communication we can't detect. For example, what if they use "subspace communications" or telepathy?

2. We can detect but do not recognize their methods of communication. They may use plain old AM radio to communicate, but because the signals they transmit might use algorithms that seem like noise to us, we disregard them.

3. They don't communicate at all. Maybe they don't need to.

A very interesting question, and your son sounds like he has a good head on his shoulders.

Here's hoping you'll continue to encourage him to ask such thought-provoking questions.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:34 AM
link   
ET if ever visited Earth would be observation of a primative inferior race to see how we develope. We may spark interest if we our selves do have our own advanced technology. UFO's in my opinion are man made we may advance technologies not yet known to the public.

Aliens would only be interested in mutual technological exchange and other stuff if we could even communicate with them and it is highly unlikely they would look like us too. about 10 trillion to 1 by my estimates.

I agree something that can at least travel the galaxy would not use a form of communication we could reckognize. They probably have hyper drive or some kind of craft that can open worm holes etc to travel the distance they need. this is so far beyond our capabilities for the time being however with cold fusion just around the corner we too may be able to harness enough power to travel on a interstellar level with hyper or warp drives. we need not to break the laws of physics just bend them or avoid them hyper drive avoids them we could theoretically enter a hypervers and mover faster then light or we could use warp and shrink the space in front and expand it in the back bending the laws of physics. Only a free energy source like a miniature star (cold fusion) could generate the power needed.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Trying to intercept alien communications is like a guy running around in Los Angeles with a fishing pole trying to catch a paper bag blowing in the wind in Denmark.

Ie its pretty difficult.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Let's face it. We don't know it all. In fact, we probably know 1% of what there is to know about the universe and that may not even be right.

It may be that ET's use some form of communication that is completely, forgive the pun, alien to our way of thinking. Something we can't even conceive of yet.

Or, maybe, they don't want to talk to use or interfere with our existence in any way, so they use a form of communication that we can't detect.

Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The question itself makes me wonder what kind of person would ask it in the first place. Most people would not even ask such a question to themselves, much less a little child. It has to be somebody working on the "problem" of eavesdropping on the aliens and is looking for ideas from others. Most people think similar to all the other posts that follow the original. It's not so much that they are interested in eavesdropping on the aliens that is annoying. It's just that people like this also have no problem in eavesdropping on me and my personal privacy. That's the reason why even if I did have an answer for them I'd never help them.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Hi blackholebrain,

You are assuming our corrupt military/industrial complex driven government would tell us the truth. I don't think so. Sadly, what Eisenhour feared has come to pass. Hence, the pathetic condition USA is in right now. I believe ET loves humans in spite of the bastards in the White House and will save us from ourselves. God, I hope so!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Just a thought I had, but, to travel lightyears through space maybe, and to use technology as advanced as theirs must and most probably is, then surely that would require a large degree of experience?

I.E an amount of experience in space travel that vastly outweighs our experience (by who knows how many years).

So thinking about it, at what point would space travel turn from experiment into routine?

I mean what if space travel for these beings is so routine that they dont require constant communication or interaction with "ground crew".

If humans went to the antarctic to study polar bears, do you think they'd be in constant radio contact with home base? Or would it be deemed something we could do and just report on when we got back?

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Deep space communications even using conventional means are pretty directional, otherwise it would be too weak to receive.
Besides, conventional communications at an interstellar level would be impractical due to the extraordinary lengths of time it would take for messages to be received. Approx 4.2 years to send a signal from here to the nearest star.
Someone mentioned to me once about some sort of particle, perhaps a theoretical one, that can be split and is in constant connection with it's partner particle regardless of distance, and stimulating one provokes an instantaneous reaction in the other. If you could modulate it somehow....
Might be rubbish, but it may be possible as we are discovering new particles all the time, along with observing some pretty unusual relationships between them.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   
In all my years of investigation, I have found no evidence that any incarnate aliens have any more telepathic ability than a typical Terran channeler/mystic

For example, Brother Majic/Amon is more telepathic than your typical Zetan-alien, by they Grey, Reptilian, Nordic, Praying Mantis, Hybrid, etc.

However, on the technological front, I remember seeing a UFO documentary (i.e., an episode of SIGHTINGS) which addressed this very issue. They even had an insider with an altered voice explain the situation. Supposedly, years ago SETI did indeed detect signals that were decidedly of an alien nature.

When they reported them to the government they were quickly shut down and their funding was also drastically cut by Congress

Consequently, they have adopted a policy of discretion and subterfuge.

Which is why physicist and UFO researcher, Stanton Friedman, refers to SETI as Silly Efforts To Investigate.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Here's an explanation.

In order to purposefully intercept an alien communication, we'd have to....

1. be familiar with the method being used.
2. be familiar with the wavelength used.
3. be able to recognize it from background noise.
4. be using that method of communication at the same time as the aliens' signal reaches us.

Look at it this way. We've been using radio waves for only what, a bit over 100 years.... In 100 more years, I doubt we'll be using them for much, or at all 100 years after that. We'll have moved on to better ways. Now, lets assume the aliens do likewise. We'd have to be in JUST the right gap to receive those signals. Suppose the aliens' radio waves DID hit Earth, but did so 10,000 years ago, and did so for 500 years until they moved on to another means. We'd be looking at the last alien radio show reaching Earth 9500 years ago...and we'd miss the show.

This is why SETI is a HUGE shot in the dark...but, there's always a shot...and I fully support the effort. Somebody has to win the lottery after all....so things do happen against the odds on a daily basis....

Radio waves are just ONE example of course, the same could be said for all methods we're aware of, or even those we aren't. Our only shot is to try and get lucky by accident.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Gazrok]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   
I hope our scientists turn over every stone to find out what is going on. Who knows, they might end up "stumbling on the truth" and blab it all over the net? Our communication abilities have never been greater than now and each day we learn more. We need to get control of the government that our people fought and died for before we will ever learn the truth about UFO's.

I believe that what Eisenhour warned us about has come to full fruition and the proof is in how we are being treated. What truths are we getting from our government? Can we trust them to negotiate with anyone regarding our planet and humanity's best interests? Can we stop them (hell no)? Where is the leadership? Am I alone in the anguish I feel about all this? If so, I'll just calm down and shut up about it. Thanks.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:21 PM
link   
For myself, I have to wonder if concepts of "meaning", "reason", "logic", and "purpose" can be used to predict alien activities. Furthermore, if one travels faster than light, such with Heim theory, communication is not that important.
I would say, objectively, we shouldn't personify in the prediction of alien activities.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Thanks to all for the replies so far!

I don't have much time to post at the moment, but I would like to clarify just a bit: I do consider "quantum entanglement" to be a possibility for supposed 'alien' communication.

But still, if one applies Occham's razor to all this, why, then, is it more likely that 'alien' communication would be physically (scientifically) beyond our abilities to measure or detect it?

If there is communication coming from distant civilizations --beaming across vast distances of space, all directed towards near-earth UFOs/etc-- it seems unlikely (to me at least) that *NONE* would be in the form of EMR (even, perhaps, as a backup signal) detectible to some degree on earth.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Again, see my explanation above...

WHEN is the most important factor. There is (galactically speaking) a teeny tiny window where both parties would have to be using at least the same family of communications in order for one to detect the other...

RF, EMR, whatever signals MAY have reached the Earth, but it may have been thousands, millions of years ago, or thousands, millions of years from now when received! THAT is the key problem here...

Please read my entry above and the example for a clear view of this...

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by blackholebrain

This seems to me to be a much-overlooked but important piece to the 'alien' visitor/UFO puzzle. And other than the one-time 'WOW' signal being detected by SETI, there has been nothing whatsoever like this detected (to my knowledge). I consider this to be a key in discerning whether or not 'aliens' are truly space travelers from other star systems... or something else pretending to be.

All thoughts are appreciated!

(Just a note: I will not be back on here for a few days, so do not view my absense in this thread as lack of interest in any responses... I will be back on asap!)

The answer is very easy: the aliens do not communicate with radio signals, but with subspace/hyperspace signals; and that is for communication speed reasons: if they communicated with radio signals, their message would reach their home planet after thousands of years.

Maybe communication is done through entangled particles.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join