It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NEWS: Republicans Warned By Evangelicals

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
df1

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Evangelical Christian leaders do not believe that the republicans have done enough for them aside from the recent 2 supreme court nominations. Of most concern are Christian value issues, such as, a gay marriage ban. The pundits believe that the republicans need this constituency in order to retain control of the house and senate.

news.bbc.co.uk
Prominent leaders from the Christian right have warned Republicans they must do more to advance conservative values ahead of the US mid-term elections.

Their message to Congress, controlled by Republicans, is "must do better".

Support from about a quarter of Americans who describe themselves as evangelicals was a factor in President George W Bush's two election victories.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

These threats against republicans echo the sentiments expressed by Sandra Day O'Connor. The American public had better wake or we me soon be ruled by the Christian mullahs. The Republicans including the president have already sold their souls to these people as it evidence by all of the faith based stuff that bush is implementing, to say nothing of the supreme court selections

[edit on 17-3-2006 by df1]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
It seems you are unaware of Christianity, the historical role of Christianity in America or the fact that the majority of Americans are Christian.

Why is it that all others can have a loud voice and that is ok, but those whose belief is at the foundation of the country is said to be driving the country toward being ruled by ficticious "Christian Mullahs"?

Reasoning beyond the the fear of Christians, there is no difference between Christian leaders, who helped greatly in Bush's election and reelection.

I wouldn't worry too much about us Christians; we aren't nearly the strong bunch of believers as those who forged this nation. All of America's vices and abmoninations will be here a year from now!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
Oh, Thomas get a grip this not about nice christian people like you.

This not about your regular more open minded conservative christians this about the ones that wants to reconstruct America to the image of what they think is the right kind of christianity and the right kind of God.

Yes the ones that wants to erradicate gays and stone them in the town plazas.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
You tell'em TC.

The Christians that founded this nation would be considered fanatical by todays standards when it was the norm at their time.

The Saviour Himself would never force His ways on anyone. It's His desire that we come unto Him willingly. There are so many so-called Christians around today ready to point fingers and judge when their own lives are in a turmoil. They do this to divert attention from them.

Some of these evangelists are self-centered and self-serving. They may or may not know how to correctly go about doing the Lords work. If they do, then they don't show it. If they don't, then they need to learn.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Oh, please, Marg; where do you get your stuff? There are no Christian leaders who are suggesting to "erradicate" homosexuals.
In case you haven't read the Book, it makes it clear that homosexuality is an abomination (very BAD thing), but Christ died for everyone's sins and that we should accept Him. All the self-perceived righteouslness won't get you into Heaven, so "erradicating" a sinner isn't what Christianity suggests.

I'll say it again; give cheesecake a chance! For the love of humanity, everyone give it a chance!

df1

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Personally Im quite fond of the teachings of Jesus, however I do not believe that His teachings have anything to do with how modern day christianity is practiced. The teachings of Jesus have been usurped by "Christian Mullahs" that manipulate them for their own ends. The bible clearly warns of these false prophets:

Matthew 7:15 -- "Watch out for false prophets. They come to you in sheep's clothing, but inwardly they are ferocious wolves.

Matthew 24:24 -- For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform great signs and miracles to deceive even the elect—if that were possible.

Mark 13:22 -- For false Christs and false prophets will appear and perform signs and miracles to deceive the elect—if that were possible.

Thomas Crowne
unaware of Christianity, the historical role of Christianity in America...

It seems to me that its the other way around, many christians are unaware of the role of deism in America. Jefferson and Paine come to mind.

the fact that the majority of Americans are Christian.

I suppose you could reach that conclusion if you took everyone at their word, but as I understand it being a christian requires more than just saying "Im a christian". If we could get a count of christians by evaluating how they conduct themselves, I suspect that christians would not compose the majority.

All of America's vices and abmoninations will be here a year from now!

And the false prophets of christianity will be around a year from now too. It seems like where ever you find vices and abomoninations, you also find christians.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by df1]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
When I read they “must do better", I thought it was in reference to the war in Iraq, or reducing the deficit. But no, they are concerned about gay marriage?

I think they need to get their priorities straightened out.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:38 PM
link   

The Saviour Himself would never force His ways on anyone. It's His desire that we come unto Him willingly.

Gee, believe in Him or be killed when He returns (maybe at the end of this sentence, who knows?) and rot in Hell suffering eternal pain and damnation.

Hey, thanks for the choice, JC!

At least suicide bombers are honest, and quicker.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by curme]

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

The Christians that founded this nation would be considered fanatical by todays standards when it was the norm at their time.

That statement again???

I thought the majority of them were Deists???

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 09:13 PM
link   
And Masons, whole thing that got me into conspiracies. Masons, not Christians, found America.

Anyways, yes, they want gays killed, the republicans haven't done that yet, so now they are warning them, kill gays or they will be killed.

Ok, I don't mean killed as in end of life, I mean banned! End of political life, I don't mean kill as in Hitler or Pol Pot or Bush I mean kill as in "That moment there is when I went from 5 star movies to the D-List at parties." How many politicians are in power because they gave money to Pat RObertson to say on his show "Vote for X or I pray to God to kill you!"

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:04 AM
link   
No, Devin, they do NOT want homosexuals killed. If this be the case, please find my credible sources of this assertion.
Furthermore, regardless of what club they were in, the nation was founded to be a Christian nation. This is very evident, from the documentation to the words of the Founders, to even the fact that Tom J. was in favor of learnin' them heathen redskins about G'd!

Dangit, that makes no difference, the Christian block is about sick and tired of the lies, and I assure you loons who think we sit around conspiring to "kill" people who are sinful like we are, you are drinking the Kool-Aid of some other sect. It just ain't so. Our beef is with the "I am a conservative, back to the roots kind of guy and you should vote for me!" crap that turns out to be just as much BS as when Clinton misled the liberals much the same way.

As far as the Christian is concerned, the whole thing is a fraud and a sham, and no matter who we vote for, no matter who wins, the same people are in control of the country, so it really doesn't matter. I really think it is passed the time when the country can be repaired through normal, electoral means.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:10 AM
link   
It is time that Christians start to get what they want for a change instead of the liberal left always winning. The right has been in power for awhile now and it is time for payback. The left will start acting like it is the end of the world for them as they seem to have gotten almost everything they have wanted for the past 50 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Thomas, I didn't say kill as in Hitler or Pol Pot or Bush style, I even say that in my post!

I mean kill as in "That movie ended my career." Or Bill Clinton getting some from Monica ended his reign as president. After that moment he was the lamest of the lame ducks.

Which I said in my post, but they do want to kill gays because they hate them.

"'Unless we get medically lucky, in three or four years,
one of the options discussed will be the extermination of homosexuals."
Dr. Paul Cameron, a "scientist" often quoted by religious right groups (see below),
speaking at the 1985 Conservative Political Action Conference

“Since our nation was founded, we have discriminated against certain things. We discriminate against kidnappers. We discriminate against murderers. We discriminate against thieves...There are laws that prohibit that kind of conduct. And there have been laws since the founding of our country against what are considered unnatural sex acts, sex between members of the same sex.” - 700 Club, 12-24-93 (source: People for the American Way Foundation)

"...wage the war against the homosexual agenda." - From the Web site of Bauer's Family Research Council, which calls homosexuality "destructive", source: Time magazine, Oct 26, 1998.

"Basically, homosexuality is a neurosis. It's healable, it's treatable. We are ministering to 6,000 former homosexuals in the Exodus network. Basically, homosexuality is a stunting of psychosexual growth. They are children inside, and any parents out there -- you know, when your kid is spoiled, he'll keep coming at you and keep coming at you and keep coming at you until you give him a whack on the bottom and say, 'Enough!' and then the child will stop." - Anthony Falzarano

"Practicing homosexuals individually may come up against anti-gay societal sentiment in the form of denied jobs or housing. This is OK." - "The Gay Agenda", published by Paul Volle, Chairman, Christian Coalition of Maine, October 1998

"At least twice Cameron has advocated the tattooing of AIDS patients on the face, so that people would know when they were meeting with an infected person. The penalty for trying to hide the tattoo would be banishment to the Hawaiian island of Molokai, a former leper colony. In the event that a vaccine were developed to prevent AIDS, Cameron has proposed that homosexuals be castrated to prevent them from 'cheating' on nature." - Mark E. Pietrzyk, News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995.

"I think that actually AIDS is a guardian. That is I think it was sent, if you would, about forty years ago, to destroy Western civilization unless we change our sexual ways. So it's really a Godsend." - Cameron quoted by Mark E. Pietrzyk, News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995.

"Cameron also views AIDS as being such a large threat to 'innocents' that he has proposed nationwide testing for HIV and the forcible quarantine of all those testing positive, either by confinement to their homes or in regional detention centers." - Mark E. Pietrzyk, News-Telegraph, March 10, 1995.

"Thomas Jefferson said that homosexuality ‘should be punished, if a man, by castration, if a woman, by cutting through the cartilage of her nose a hole of one-half inch in diameter as least.’ " Paul Cameron - MEDICAL CONSEQUENCES Of WHAT HOMOSEXUALS DO.

"Not only is homosexuality a sin, but anyone who supports fags is just as guilty as they are. You are both worthy of death (Romans 1:32)," Phelps quoted by State Press (Arizona State University), March 11, 1998.

"It is time that Christians start to get what they want for a change instead of the liberal left always winning. The right has been in power for awhile now and it is time for payback. The left will start acting like it is the end of the world for them as they seem to have gotten almost everything they have wanted for the past 50 years."DTSQ

Yes, like Blacks being allowed to vote, not being killed by republicans because they are black, women allowed to leave the house without being killed by conservatives who think a woman's place is in the home, barefoot, with a litter of children. Oh and of course the left got there way when Bush Sr. and Reagan and Nixon all got voted in, these past 50 years. Actually they did, Nixon ran away like a scalded dog with a case of the liver tail, Reaganomics killed the economy, as did Bush Sr. Oh don't forget research that lead to cures and therapy to cure people that were called Satan by conservatives. And of course women and blacks got equal pay, not discriminated for being black or women, and were allowed to go to the same schools as the rich white men! Lets see, what else has happened these past 50 years that those evil left wanted... Oh you can't be killed for being gay unless you go into an area controlled by the FCR or other conservative groups.

[edit on 20-3-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Thomas Crowne you keep stating that America was founded as a Christian nation. Was is the key word.
Mass media has replaced Sunday outings to the church in many western countries. If you have beliefs that differ from mine thats fine be me however that dosnt give you or the government to force those beliefs on others.
Its a slipy slope if you give an inch to the likes of the religious right they will take a mile. Teaching ID in schools is taking a step towards a tailban style state.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 07:36 AM
link   
TC the issue isn't whether we were founded as a christian nation or not ,and we weren't by the way....some of the first colonies were founded as theocracies but that didn't last long, never does thank GOD
. The United States of America was founded as a secular state. And, even if it wasn't we have become a pluralistic secular society and that is not about to change, period. It is wrong for any religious (or cultural, or political) group to attempt to impose their views via the force of law on the rest of us. And that is exactly what the most extreme of the funnymentalists, the Christian reconstructionist and the like want to do. This is not a matter of Christian bashing. It would be equally wrong if it were extremist Jews, or Muslims or Buddhists or Rastafari (actually that might not be a bad idea :lol
did the same. More to the point I personally find it offensive that these people feel that this administration owes them to the point that some are warning Republicans that they haven't done enough for them. Done enough for them? Excuse me but what the government does, be it Republican or democrat supposed to be done for ALL of us, not exclusively for some specific groups like Funnymentalist Chritians, or for that matter, millionaires and billioniares.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by df1
The Republicans including the president have already sold
their souls to these people .....

Nope. Not by a long shot. The president perhaps, but not
republicans in general. You have lumped all republicans in
as extreme fundamentalists and that's not true. If it were,
then there would have been a constitutional amendment
banning gay marriage. There isn't one and there won't be.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:31 AM
link   
sence when are the opinions of american religious leaders valid in politics?

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
KrazyIvan, the date you are looking for is November 2000.
That was the day this country went from a secular free country to a forced Christian prison camp.

No fear, the prisoners always rise up eventually. I know I am preparing for that day.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Ok, Devin, I see what you are saying.
As this country was as it was first, I'd say the "agenda", if we may, is the Homoxexual Agenda, as well as the other agendas that have been working to destroy the nation (nation, societal grouping of people, not government). These agendas, which can be rolled up into one word, but I won't use that word as it would be seen as a political statement rather than a societal or conspiractorial one, have been working to abolish the values of a society that was once great and was very useful for the health of the entire world. There is a problem with those of us who still cling to these good, healthy and Biblical values speaking our minds as those who have set out to destroy these value do? The Christian leaders aren't allowed to speak up and point out that the leadership is hypocritical? It is wrong for us to hold their feet to the fire?

I think not.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:13 PM
link   
I know quite a few gays and the only agenda I have ever known them to have(besides getting laid, but isn't that all of us?) is to have the right to be treated decently and not to be harrassed by homophobic idiots like the so called reverend Fred Phelps and his ilk.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join