It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why rebuild New Orleans?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kazkek
New Orleans is being rebuilt because New Orleans is all that the people know. How would you feel if a natural disaster occured in your area and the government just decided to forget about your home town. The people there would not have it and would rebuild it theirselves. Right? That is exactly what is happening down here. People who have lived here their entire lives are rebuilding the city. Not the government. Sure the government is helping alot, but the workers and everthing are the people who only know New Orleans.

Amen! Amen! And to this one, I give you my complete applause if I could! You're right on the mark, and I have been telling people this for a long time. See? We may disagree in some areas, but in others like this, I'm right there with you!

And that was the truth more succinctly told then I probably could have!

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by bettyd643
You folks need to consider a few things. What if San Francisco got hit with the big quake? Should we abandon that too? Or Los Angeles or for that matter the entire state of CA since just about any part of it could be devastated at any given moment.

And what about South Florida much of which is below sea level (more then New Orleans I might add). If this flooded during a major storm would we be discussing abandoning this too?

How much are we willing to abandon because there are dangers involved in living there. Should we all locate to Lincoln Nebraska and just worry about a tornado or two?

If any of you were truly informed about what is going on with the levy investigation you would know that the courts have declared the levy breaks as a man made disaster because of their horrible construction and design by the Corps of engineers. They should have never broken if they had been built even close to the standards we were told they were.

Rebuilding New Orleans is not an option but a MUST unless all of you are willing to start abandoning many other parts of the country as well using the same flawed logic as I've been reading here.

New Orleans is special in so many ways. It makes living in this country under present circumstances tolerable. New Orleans could never be replaced!

good point there !

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Heres what most people don't know. The environmentalst says nothing should ever be built there cause of so much contamination. The workers themselves have even gotten seriously sick including severe nose bleeds, coughing, etc.... However, the government ignored their warnings cause of the people who wanted to be back there so bad.

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shar
Heres what most people don't know. The environmentalst says nothing should ever be built there cause of so much contamination. The workers themselves have even gotten seriously sick including severe nose bleeds, coughing, etc.... However, the government ignored their warnings cause of the people who wanted to be back there so bad.

Give us some substantial links on that. First I've heard, so I'd like to see some links if you wouldn't mind.

Also, how do you know? So you can share it with the "most people".

posted on Oct, 22 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Don't know about links. Just know first hand as my husband works very close to them and has worked on Katrina and Rita. All I will say is he works for the government.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Originally posted by Liquidus
Also, who do you mean by "they"?

I mean 'they' as in the powers that be. Thought i mentioned that before?

Think about things, if this had been a white community, then things would have been a whole lot differant. Look at the all the facts within ATS.

Typical response. If it were a white community things would have been different my ass. White people did live in NO. The problem in NO was that the Gov and the dumbass mayor were unfit to do thier job and when the crap hit the fan they blamed it all on the Feds. Also the people that knew in advance that something this big was about to hit and stayed were STUPID ! I am sorry but thier elevators didnt go all the way to the top. Poor or not if you want to leave somewhere you can. Dont count on the city or state or the Federal govt to move your ass. Do it on your OWN. Thats the problem with this country. Everyone wants to blame someone else for thier bad decisions. Take responsibility and admit that most all of these people had a chance to leave and didnt. Thier fault period.. Did make a nice excuse to steal widescreen tv's, cars, etc. I am still wondering how they were going to cook them???? Is there a way to cook a widescreen plasma television?

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Why rebuild New Orleans. From a simple minded point of view, like myself, it should be rebuilt so that another hurricane and or other eventful weather outbreak of nature can unleash its catastrophic disaster to destroy and ruin peoples lives thus again. So that more money is funded in to build it again. It's all a shopping spree.

7A

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:50 PM
link   
double post.

[edit on 23-11-2006 by 7Ayreon]

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join