It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best PC game

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Oblivion is GOD
!!! My sister bought it and i am super jelous. But i think the best game for the PC is Guild Wars very fun.

posted on May, 17 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
The favourite PC games that I own are Oni and Medal of Honour: Allied Assault.

For online multiplayer, I spent the most time and had the most fun with Rainbow 6 and Jedi Knight: Dark Forces II (Despite being made in 1999, JK had some of the most awesome online play and 1337est mods ever. Definately worth picking up for $10 if you can still find it
)

posted on May, 30 2006 @ 09:31 PM
link   
If you arnt obsessed with graphics, like 95% of the people are today, pick up Fallout 1 and 2. Easily the best games ever made. If however you are a graphics person, and are interested in shallow gameplay etc, Oblivion is very nice.

posted on May, 31 2006 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I'd have to go with the original "Half Life", First game to absolutely amaze me!!!!

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by WERE_ALL_GONA_DIE
BATTLEFIELD 2!!!

Best FPS ever made by man

I'mgunna have to agree with WAGD,... you can't reallly even come close with any game in the FPS's,... and as for all time I might even have to put it right up there (for the time being) with Dungeon Siege 2 and Spore and Rome: Total War

posted on Jun, 6 2006 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Has UNREAL tournament been discussed? Unrealtournament 2004 is the BOMb diggity~@!

posted on Jun, 7 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
the Unreal series has kind of died down after th BF series (PC), TS/Bond series (PS2), and Halo series (Xbox),... however it was an all around great game for it's time and was taken away from PS2,... however it will be coming back with PS3 and I waiting to see where that goes,... not that PS2 isn't that good but you can't compare it to how good FPS's are on the PC,... PS2 i think will be force to follow nintendo's lead into a different type of gaming ,... but yeah,... Unreal was awsome and still is,... I loved the weapons and the announcer the best,...

posted on Aug, 1 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
All of you people mention Halo for PC, and Battlefield 2...do you all realize what games in the past made those possible? :bash: Starting with Doom, then Quake, then Half life. By far my favorite Pc game is Half Life 1. Half life 2 is right after there as well...

posted on Aug, 8 2006 @ 02:59 AM
link   
Halo combat evolved. All hail the chief
. Hey you down in front you too

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Half Life Series! 1, Counter Strike, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, 2, Episode 1, all kick you know what! Starting out as a geeky scientist and becoming the savoir of the world! Or the different players, HL you are Gordon Freeman, BS you are Barney the Security Guard, and in OF you are a soldier. And HL2/E1 leads the games in graphics, gameplay, and just down right fun! The Lost Coast they did was great, and how they carried over the commentary system to E1 is amazing! I love to learn about how games like this are made, how they came up with the ideas, so forth.

Also, they are more then what Doom or Quake are, go in, kill, kill some more, and when you're done killing you go and kill some more.

Also, Gravity Gun Redux is the greatest Gun ever made for a video game!(Redux is the super powered version of the Gravity Gun)

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
FPS - Half Life
RTS - Warcraft
Turn Based - Master of Orion
RPG - Fallout
Adventure - 3 Skulls of the Toltecs
Racing - Gran Turismo
Space Sim - Privateer 2

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
i know this isnt a pc game, but one of the best games ever ever made is STAR CONTROL 2. im sure not many people have played it , for it was released on the 3DO by panasonic, but the first star control was released on the sega genesis and it rocked as well. when you intelligent people go out and buy the wii , be sure to download star control , and if your nice ill own ya , i mean teach ya how to play it. best pc game ever, i really like the story to KOTOR. peace

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theory Man
Half Life Series! 1, Counter Strike, Blue Shift, Opposing Force, 2, Episode 1, all kick you know what! Starting out as a geeky scientist and becoming the savoir of the world! Or the different players, HL you are Gordon Freeman, BS you are Barney the Security Guard, and in OF you are a soldier. And HL2/E1 leads the games in graphics, gameplay, and just down right fun! The Lost Coast they did was great, and how they carried over the commentary system to E1 is amazing! I love to learn about how games like this are made, how they came up with the ideas, so forth.

Also, they are more then what Doom or Quake are, go in, kill, kill some more, and when you're done killing you go and kill some more.

Also, Gravity Gun Redux is the greatest Gun ever made for a video game!(Redux is the super powered version of the Gravity Gun)

You are by far, the coolest one here...I agree 110% with you! If you want to learn more about how their made or how to make them, check out Valve Hammer Editor and 3dStudioMax is how they make the models for the games (characters, weapons, chairs, tables, etc)... GO HALF LIFE SERIES!

posted on Aug, 12 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
i always thought team fortress had more online fun factor then halflife, just my .01 cent

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Its not out yet, actually is doesn't come out for another year...But I'm still going with SPORE.

posted on Aug, 19 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Murcielago
Its not out yet, actually is doesn't come out for another year...But I'm still going with SPORE.

that game looks pretty amazing! Starting a civilization, begining as an amoeba of some sort...Genius! haha

posted on Aug, 20 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Deus Ex and System shock are 2 great old school PC games. Battlefield 2, Oblivion and Halflife2/CSS are spot on too, and Live for Speed is the Ultimate driving Sim if you have a good force feedback wheel setup.

posted on Jan, 22 2007 @ 10:41 AM
link   
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade because it saved PC gaming.

posted on Jan, 24 2007 @ 08:48 PM
link   
well being a huge blizzard fan ima say DIABLO2:LOD, STARCRAFT and STARCRAFT BROODWAR, WORLD OF WARCRAFT, WARCRAFT 3: FROZEN THRONE and COUNTER-STRIKE are my favorite PC games

posted on Jan, 25 2007 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkAlex
World of Warcraft: The Burning Crusade because it saved PC gaming.

The Burning Crusade saved PC gaming!?!!

At the risk of pulling the thread a little off topic, I'd love to hear your reasoning.

By my count, there are probably 4 or 5 games coming out this year that are more important to the PC landscape than BC...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join