It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best PC game

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 08:49 PM
link   
RPG: TES 4:Oblivion, World Of Warcraft, and Guild Wars
First Person shooters: Half Life 2, Battlefield 2, and F.E.A.R.
Strategy: Galactic Civilizations II, and Civilization 4

My Favorite of these is TES4: Oblivion. This is the first nex-gen game to come out on PC. Better graphics then anything you have ever seen. Its a first person rpg. The world you play in is huge. It is single player though and needs a high performance computer to play well.

Check out Gamespot.com. They are the abovetopsecret of video game reviews.

[edit on 12-4-2006 by High Ryder]

posted on Apr, 12 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
My favorite pc games:

The Sims online is deffinately number one...I have 4 accounts...you can visit me online in the city of Jolly Pines...by the name of Chelsea Prima Pendragon, Robyn, or Press Democrat.

I also love Rollercoaster Tycoon 2
and...
Pharoah Cleopatra!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
i would have 2 say that i think that settler's 4th edition would have 2 be one of the best PC games ever

Falcon out...

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Battlefield 2 without a doubt!!

Hands down best game going right now!!

posted on Apr, 13 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
I love RPGs.

Baldur's Gate 1 and 2
Torment
Fallout
Morrowind
Temple of Elemental Evil was pretty good
Dark Age of Camelot was fun,for a while

I want Battlefield 2,but my computer is aging

As far as "the best PC game" ,that's hard to say with so many good ones to choose from.:bnghd:

posted on Apr, 14 2006 @ 04:56 AM
link   
My favorite is America's Army. I enjoy the realistic physics and the teamwork aspect of it. Impressive for a free game.

[edit on 14-4-2006 by ufia]

posted on Apr, 20 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
age of empires: rise of rome, diablo2 expansion, C&C: zero hour

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Civilization IV!!!! I just got this and am blown away!

Normally a game like this is...

Build Army
Kill Enemy
You Win

This is...

Build Army and kill Enemy
Or Get to the Moon First
Or Get elected to Head of the UN
Or Diplomatically win cities from other person through bribes of money and technology
Or have the highest score by 2050
And the six one I can't remeber.

Amazing, learn the alphebet which brings literature, then the printing press, mass media, so then you can build Hollywood. Or learn radio and build Graceland. Or learn... You can do so much! Build Pyramids, Sistine Chapel, Statue of Liberty, Kremlin, Space Elevator, Hanging Gardens, Notre Dame, Pentagon, Stonehenge, Forbidden Palace, so much more.

And the technology, how they link it all together, and my fav, learning the Manhatten Project so you can use nuclear weapons. Just 1vCom can take a couple hours depending on how you want to win, but more fun with more players since you need at least 2 opponets plus yourself to win by being elected to Leader of UN.

Not just a kill them all let God sort em out game, you can win by diplomacy, or as said just by winning the Space Race. The troops go from simple clubs all the way up to Marines, Mechanized Forces, even a Stealth Bomber! With world leaders like Ghandi, Ghengis Kahn, Julius Ceaser, Loius XVI, Henry VIII, each one with their own style, so much fun. Ghandi is a good person to play against in your first game since he will not attack you unless you attack him so gives you a chance to learn the game if you don't want to do the tutorial. But others like Ghengis Kahn will attack you often.

But my fav is winning by Space Race. Sorry, nothing beats seeing you win without ever having to attack your enemy. Its like Woah! I never even built a plane or tank or soldier and I won! So much better then all the Warcraft/Starcraft/Warhammer/C&C games where it is all about kill the other guy and thats it.

Edit: I remembered the sixth one, control more then half of the planet. Just did it by 1500AD, around that anyways. Then I clicked keep playing and nuked Ghandi.

[edit on 22-4-2006 by StarkMan]

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos or Warcraft III: Frozen Throne. The hours you will get out of those games are incredible. Other than that, you can always try Starcraft. Doom is also seen as one of the most revolutionary games ever; and of course the Doom series is best known on the computer; not its Xbox counterpart.

As for this generation, the most 'revolutionary' game is no doubt World of Warcraft, IMO. It had a huge effect on computer gaming in these past few year, and has really changed the way we view Massively Multiplayer games. Not to mention it won Game of The Year the first year it came out, and was noted the next two years that if a single game was allowed to win the award more than once, it would no doubt be the winner for the third time in a row this year. So I'd recommend Doom, probably Doom III, Warcraft III: Reign of Chaos and the Frozen Throne, World of Warcraft, and if you are into RPGs you can try out Elder Scrolls III and IV: Morrowind/Oblivion; I've heard they are really good, though never played them personally.

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Wow, out of all those I don't think I have seen Guild Wars! By far my favorite PC game, 1,100 hours in 8 months:bnghd: ahhh I'm so addicted, pvp is awesome in that game
try it out if you like mmorpgs

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The Best Game ever made is Warcraft 3!!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:47 PM
link   
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Half-Life is also the best, and the original doom, and Duke Nukem, oh yeah, one more, Halo, and Halo 2!

posted on Apr, 25 2006 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I didn't like warcraft 3 that much although it was a great game. I'd have to say Oblivion, although it's not exclusively PC.

[edit on 25-4-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
I did'nt know that Oblivion was out yet, Because its not out for Xbox 360 yet.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   
It definately is, I've plated it on both and definately reccomend it. It's amazing.
Official Info, videos, reviews here.

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   
I guess that I am going to go and Buy that game! I have always like the other one, The Elder Scrows

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:15 AM
link   

I guess that I am going to go and Buy that game! I have always like the other one, The Elder Scrows

Yeah, that was my favorite PC game before too

[edit on 26-4-2006 by Xeros]

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Cool, I did'nt know that It came out.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:31 AM
link   
Oh yeah, World of warcraft is also an Awesome game.

posted on Apr, 26 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   
FPS: Battlefield 2, bf2 spec ops, fear
rpg: oblivion
rts: age of empire 3

fear is the best overall.. so scary with those stupid ghosts and stuff

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join