It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crazy Laws in the United States

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I forgot about other people outside the US might wonder if those laws were enforced. I doubt it except in some possible extreme occasion. If someone did detonate a nuclear device within city limits for instance, some guys in black would probably find the guy and he wouldn't be heard from again. No need to worry about a $500 fine. A fine that small is a joke for that sort of crime. On the other hand maybe there are some nuclear devices that don't cause major explosions. I just don't know what that is.

While I find these laws that are still on the book as a bit amusing, knowing that some foreign countries take some laws like these seriously is scary.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 03:14 AM
link   
In Kentucky it's illegal to shoot an unloaded gun.

Not sure where, but somewhere out there it is illegal for women to carry wooden guns. Men and cops can, just not women.

In Oklahoma it is illegal to duel with squirt guns.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 06:37 AM
link   
In the 1940's, California law made it illegal to serve alcohol to a gay person. That's really weird due to the simple fact that California is the one state who has legalized gay marriages time and time again. Another dumb law I found out was in Mississippi: Women are not allowed to drive unless her husband is in front of her holding two lanterns. Also, it wasn't until within the last few years that slavery was finally abolished in Mississippi. lol

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS

In Oklahoma it is illegal to duel with squirt guns.

I'm guilty. Might as well arrest all the grandkids too.
*disclaimer* No school age children were harmed in the making of our mock battle.

posted on Nov, 23 2008 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Heres a good site to look for stupid laws.
Stupid laws

Some of my faves from Colorado.

Aspen
Catapults may not be fired at buildings.

Boulder
Boulders may not be rolled on city property.

Cripple Creek
It is illegal to bring your horse or pack mule above the ground floor of any building.

Denver
It is unlawful to lend your vacuum cleaner to your next-door neighbor.:bnghd:

[edit on 23-11-2008 by Slash]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join