It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Hussien documents released tie Iraq, Al-qeada and France? yes, France..

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   
New Hussien documents that were found have been released, They tie Iraq, Taliban, bin Laden together, discuss WMD's and even oil for food with France with 'political contributions"

abcnews.go.com...

This information was acquired by a afghan informant days after 9/11.

That OBL and the Taliban are in contact with Iraq and that a group of Taliban and bin Laden group members visited Iraq.
That the U.S. has proof the Iraqi government and "bin Laden's group" agreed to cooperate to attack targets inside America.
That in case the Taliban and bin Laden's group turn out to be involved in "these destructive operations," the U.S. may strike Iraq and Afghanistan.
That the Afghani consul heard about the issue of Iraq's relationship with "bin Laden's group" while he was in Iran.

There are also entires about Al-qeada in Iraq, and about WMD's. Give the article a read and come to your own conclusion. It is good information and make sure to pay close attenion to the editors notes, he is surely covering his arse.

It discusses the presence of Al-qeada in Iraq as early as 2002. It does not directly connect the official gov't at the time with AQ, but they were there for a reason and it was not for the scenery.

It also discusses some political conspiracy that may tie into the Food for Oil UN scandal. I can only imagine what else will be found.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by esdad71]

mode edit to apply ex code

[edit on 17-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:38 AM
link   
The documents definitely don't show that UBL was working with Hussein. That's not to say such an arangement was definitely not in place, but there's no evidence here to support that claim. One document shows that Hussein was investigating the group, that appears valid enough. Two of them regarding France/UN and WMD also seem genuine enough, (but one can never tell). The other document, which is surely the one that everyone's all jazzed up about, was hearsay stacked three high!

A document said to have originated in the Iraqi intelligence services, though I've neither seen nor heard any proof of that, claimed that another guy (who, instead of a name had a number) heard a third guy said something of interest (which may or may not be true and accurate).

It's interesting, and it shouldn't be outright discarded, but it's not any kind of real evidence. It could be fabricated by their guys, or by our guys, or it could have been fabricated by the Afghani snitch, we just don't know. People are trumpetting that this is proof, but it just isn't.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
What strikes me is that ABC would 'wash" the story the way the usually do and still have such references. On that basis alone I suspect much more in the papers.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:47 AM
link   
I wonder what the rest of the documents state. It will be interesting to see what all comes out of this release, it may show bush was correct in his decision to go into iraq, or it may show the exact opposite. I am willing to keep an open mind on this and see what falls out. I just hope that others do the same.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:54 AM
link   

On that basis alone I suspect much more in the papers.

Suspect? The papers are available. Read them and then you'll be qualified to both have an opinion, and discuss that opinion.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

This information was acquired by a afghan informant days after 9/11.

Then why wasn't this document released then? Also, why wasn't it released before the elections? Or before the war? It certainly would have helped Bush Co. get re-elected or give us more incentive to go to war. I smell fish and I'm nowhere near a body of water.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Then why wasn't this document released then? Also, why wasn't it released before the elections? Or before the war?

The information was seized from Iraq, post-invasion. It also takes a long, long time to translate recovered data. If there were ten thousand translators working around the clock, it would probably still take years to sift through it all.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Not the least bit surprised here. There is also a Canada connection too via Quebec, its ruling class and the prior federal liberal government. No shocks here.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

Yes. These documents stink to high heaven.

Not only does it smell like a fish out of water--it is as if the documents were wrapped around the fish and dropped off at the front door (if you are Italian you could appreciate this visual).

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:23 AM
link   
I wonder how desperate our government has become that is grasping to the last drop to keep the public opinion afloat.

From the Saddam tapes a few months ago to now this documents.

I guess now that we are Engage in a big campaign in Iraq since yesterday the public opinion needs another boost of confidence.

Interesting information anyway.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Not the least bit surprised here. There is also a Canada connection too via Quebec, its ruling class and the prior federal liberal government. No shocks here.

There's also a connection with Bush and the Nazis. Does that mean Bush should be imprisioned for Aushwitz (sp?)? No, just because there is a connection does not mean involvement. Say my best friend murders someone....I have nothing to do with it....so, am I to go to jail also because of this "connection"? Just food for thought.

edit: I'm not posting directly to you denythestatusquo (wow that's alot to type....don't you get frustrated every time you have to log in?) just in general.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Griff]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
You can find all the files here, along with audio. The gov't is releasing them to show what is bieng found in Iraq.

fmso.leavenworth.army.mil...

if this was released pre election, Bush would have been accused of using withholding it then to release at the correct time. This shows that this is normal disclosure that generally does not happen.

These are the subjects that are released online most recently

Letter from Qusay Hussein concerning Kuwaiti POWs being used as human shields
CMPC 2003 012666
Synopsis: This is a letter from Qusay Saddam Hussein directing the transfer of 448 Kuwaiti prisoners to essential Ministries, radio and television buildings, and Military Industrial Commissions to be used as human shields during the expected US attack on Iraq.
Original Arabic Text

Conclusion of report about the elections campain in France
ISGZ-2004-02780
Synopsis: Correspondence among various governmental offices regarding the French law for funding and financing election campaigns. The original French text of the law translated into Arabic, referring to the rules of the authority to regulate the financing
Original Arabic Text

CMPC-2003-001488

CMPC-2003-005934
Synopsis: The first page of this two-page file contains a list of a number pieces of equipment needed for detonation of explosive materials. It appears that they are giving time schedules for preparation of specific numbers of various devices.

Instructions from IIS to all sections of the MIC for procedures to follow in the event of UN visits
ISGZ-2004-028947
Synopsis: This 2 page document includes a memo from the Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS)(M6), to all general managers of the departments. It addresses the U.N. inspection team's intention of uncovering detailed information about departments' symbols
Original Arabic Text

Iraqi Intelligence Service (Mukhabarat)
CMPC-2003-006430
Synopsis: This file contains document relevant to the Mukhabarat or Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS), it explain the structure of the IIS

ISGZ-2004-019920
Synopsis: 2002 Iraqi Intelligence Correspondence concerning the presence of al-Qaida Members in Iraq. Correspondence between IRS members on a suspicion, later confirmed, of the presence of an Al-Qaeda terrorist group. Moreover, it includes photos and names.

Rumors of Iraqi and Saudi volunteers to fight against the US in Afghanistan
ISGQ-2003-00004500-0
Synopsis: Fedayeen Saddam received news of a rumor that 3,000 volunteers from Iraq and Saudi Arabia had traveled to Afghanistan to fight with the Mujahideen against the US. This letter is a request to investigate the rumor to determine whether it is true.
Original Arabic Text

Usage of Special Equipment
CMPC-2004-002219-0
Original Arabic Text

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   

You can find all the files here, along with audio. The gov't is releasing them to show what is bieng found in Iraq.

fmso.leavenworth.army.mil...

That cannot be the complete list of documents. There are not enough, the actual count is said to number in the millions. Perhaps this is just the tip of the ice berg.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I wonder how desperate our government has become that is grasping to the last drop to keep the public opinion afloat.

From the Saddam tapes a few months ago to now this documents.

Hello, it was both democrats and republicans a like that wanted these documents released. Now they got their way as they should.

Just how does that equate to keeping Bush afloat if it came from both parties?

Oh I know, It certainly will be extremely hard for the anti Bush crowd to claim foul when the translations will be done thousands of Arabic Scholars around the world that's why and you do not want the real truth out there do you?

Sits down pulls out the popcorn and waits for the show to start

[edit on 3/17/2006 by shots]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
That was just from the first page, to give a look at what is out there. Some of it is pretty good reading, some of it not. Take from it what you will, but there was reason many of these documents have not been released and now they are.

and If these would have been released pre Iraq war, people would have said they were bogus then too.

I think that after all the evidence is sorted through, there will be many other items that will make people think twice.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
www.fas.org...

But the documents released by the DNI are a decidedly mixed bag.

Illustrating their eclectic nature, one of the captured Iraqi documents (pdf) is a print-out of an article from the Federation of American Scientists web site.

"This file contains document relevant to the Mukhabarat or Iraqi Intelligence Service (IIS), it explains the structure of the IIS," according to the DNI synopsis of the document (record number CMPC-2003-006430).

In fact, the document was written in 1997 by John Pike (then at FAS, now at GlobalSecurity.org), except for an added cover page which is handwritten in Arabic.

All I can say is where there is one rat, there are probably two.

Also, I'd like to call your attention to this:

The U.S. Government has made no determination regarding the authenticity of the documents, validity or factual accuracy of the information contained therein, or the quality of any translations, when available.

Now my question is this: Why on earth would the government release documents such as this when they themselves cannot even verify their authenticity?

This stinks, and it is another nail in the proverbial coffin of those that would contend that their beloved government is the most trustworthy source on earth. -- editited, sorry bout that Intrepid--

So after all this time, the administration comes up with this crap in a sorry ass attempt at validation for the war? With every day that passes, I trust this government less and less. I am not amused, and as BH put it, I will not be fooled again.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by TrueAmerican]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Let's post without baiting please.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:41 PM
link   
Read the post TrueAmerican, we have already stated why. So, the governemnt is attempting to validate and answer the call of "where are the documents" and it makes you more suspicious? That I believe is called paranoia.

This is not an attmept to validate the war, although it could add to the credibility of why we needed to invade. This is a release of documents that people have wanted to see. So have at it, and dig deeper than 2 out of 10's of thousands of documents.

As far as the the US government stating that they cannot verify all of these documents, how come you believe that statement from them, but nothing else?Seems kind of hypocrital doesn't it.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican

All I can say is where there is one rat, there are probably two.

Don't you think it would be better to wait and see what the rest contain before passing judgement? Hell they just started to release them Wednesday.

I for one want to see what else comes out, but then I am trying to look at this with an open mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:13 PM
link   

Read the post TrueAmerican, we have already stated why. So, the governemnt is attempting to validate and answer the call of "where are the documents" and it makes you more suspicious? That I believe is called paranoia.

It makes me more suspiscious that it has taken them this long to produce them. And when I say "produce" them, let's hope that only one literary meaning applies, as opposed to two. In the face of everything else that has happened, I'd prefer to call it just good, healthy skepticism.

This is not an attmept to validate the war, although it could add to the credibility of why we needed to invade. This is a release of documents that people have wanted to see. So have at it, and dig deeper than 2 out of 10's of thousands of documents.

If it's not an attempt to validate the war by releasing documents that they can't even verify, then why release them at all? They should have only released those that they could authenticate as real, IMO. And I'd like for you to explain to me please, how a friggin article that someone wrote found its way into a classified archive, that is reportedly "captured documents." Clearly something is wrong, and I have every right to be not only skeptical, but paranoid.

As far as the the US government stating that they cannot verify all of these documents, how come you believe that statement from them, but nothing else?Seems kind of hypocrital doesn't it.

lol, while I stand accused of hypocresy in your mind, at least I have the insight to see that given the circumstances, they didn't have much of a choice but to print the lame disclaimer. Contrast that to a situation where they released limited documents, and issued an authenticity statement such as "These documents have each been researched and verified by the CIA/FBI to be authentic." I'd be a whole lot less skeptical, but even then not necessarily convinced. I'm sad to see that you are so easily manipulated.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join