It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bible Question

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Anyone know where I can find a copy of the bible (preferably on the Internet) that was written before the 1600's? Now that I think of it, I wonder if it would even be written in English.

Thanks!
-P

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
*15,15*
A bible online?
www.biblegateway.com
Not the original one's. Nope, it would be translated...
I have copies of the Scriptures in the original Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic...

Do you know any of those languages?
I don't see how it would help you if you did not know Latin, Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic.
Do you need them for a project or some sort of research?

- Tass *40*

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Tassadar]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Laurence Gardner has suggested that 16 lines have been added to the book of Mark in the bible after the 1600's. He said that they had to do with the resurection. I would be fascinated to compare a modern bible to a 16th century one to see for myself. I will check that link, thank you!

Originally posted by Tassadar
*15,15*
A bible online?
www.biblegateway.com
I have copies of the Scriptures in the original Greek, Hebrew, Latin, and Aramaic...

I don't see how it would help you if you did not know Latin, Hebrew, Greek, or Aramaic.

- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:49 PM
link   
I forgot to answer your other question. I don't speak any of those languages (-:

Originally posted by Tassadar
*15,15*
A bible online?
www.biblegateway.com

- Tass *40*

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
It's feasible that a copy could be in English from that time, but unlikely, as the Church pretty much kept most everything in Latin to not let the masses in on the scam, hehe... Snakes aren't the only guardians of the Tree of Knowledge,

Of course, if you find an online copy in another language, there are several translation programs available as well....but then something could always get lost in translation....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I know of 7 versions of the Bible written in English that predate the 1611 King James version.

Wycliffite Bible circa 1384
Tyndale Bible 1525
Coverdale Bible 1535
Matthews Bible 1537
Great Bible 1539
Geneva Bible 1560
Bishop's Bible 1568

I'll give you a comparison of the way that the English language changed by giving you the Lord's prayer.

First from the Wycliffite Bible:

Fadir, halewid be thi name. Thi kyngdom come to. 3yue to vs to day oure eche dayes breed. And for3yue to vs oure synnes, as we for3yuen to ech owynge to vs. And
leed not vs in to temptacioun.

From the Bishop's Bible:

Our father which art in heauen, hallowed be thy name, thy kyngdome come, thy wyll be fulfylled, euen in earth also, as it is in heauen.
Our dayley breade giue vs this day. And forgeue vs our synnes: For euen we forgeue euery man that trespasseth vs. And leade vs not into temptation, but delyuer vs from euyil.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
Laurence Gardner is a heretic. I have read his bull on the grail lineage.

top topics

join