It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

help required , batch conversion from scanner

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:45 AM
link   
hi , due to a bit of muppetry , and using the wrong settings - i have scanned 100s of images - and now they are in the wrong format

my equipment is :

a zerox - 2400 scanner

paper port 8.0SE

so all the files are now in the proprietary format of " paper port file " - and can only be opened bt the paper port app

now how do i get them converted to jpeg , or other format - without doing each one by hand , as it were

at the moment - i can select a single fole , and convert it - but i also have to confirm what quality i want - so doing all , one at a time - is going to be a ball ache .

if i try to select multiple files - it says " this function is unavailiable "

so is there any quick and easy way - i can get the entire folder full of files , converted to a more user freindly format , in one click ?

TIA

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:38 AM
link   
You can google for whatever the file extension is. If it's "ppf" (for example) search for something like "ppf converter jpeg jpg gif" Should find something halfway useful.

Edit:
After rereading your post--you say you used the wrong settings to do the scans. Can you get your files out the way you want using the "right" settings? If you can't find a converter, it might be easiest just to rescan them instead of opening each one.

[edit on 3/17/2006 by MCory1]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:12 AM
link   
First, try with your Paperport 8.0SE software if you can "export" or "save as" your images in JPEG format.

Otherwise try with ImageMagick (www.imagemagick.org...) it includes a command line named "convert" to change a file from one format to another. I did not find your "paperport file" format in the supported list (www.imagemagick.org...) but if you are lucky it may simply be a TIFF format or something, you can download a version for Windows.

For example in MS-DOS you would type "convert filename.bmp filename.jpg" replace BMP with your file format.

I don't know how to batch that command under Windows, but under Linux I would put the hundreds files in the same directory and launch a Bash shell script like this.

#!/bin/sh
for old in *.bmp; do
        new=$(echo $old|sed "s/\.bmp/\.jpg/g")
        convert $old $new
done
exit 0

[edit on 17-3-2006 by ufia]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape

.....so all the files are now in the proprietary format of " paper port file " - and can only be opened bt the paper port app....

Does the manufacturer of the software you're using have a web site? How about customer support? Maybe they can help. Their may be a way to batch convert your files, and possibly you just don't know..? Just a thought.

new topics

top topics

join