It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Russian Nuclear Submarine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:51 AM
link   
The Borey class Submarine will have only 12 Rockets but will have a total 112 warheads.

For the last source search 955 and just above the half page by about 2 pages will have the info on np. 955 (пр. 955).

I wasn't able to find an english site that explained the missile load.

Other statistics:

Length 170m
Beam 13.5m
Draft 9m
Crew 107

What matters is; can this sub be rather undetectable? This information is not discernable from the given information in any website; at least not to me...maybe a former submarine engineer would be able to make an estimate based on engine specifications and the plans showing hull designs ... I don't know.

I am saticefied with this English Source I found.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Stratrf_Rus]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:09 AM
link   
I thought this would have received a little more attention: Russia is the world's enemy still as the Russian government believes security is in autonomy. They don't understand; as the rest of the world has seemed to; that a nation is most powerful when it is connected to the most other nations.

Russia is trying to maintain full autonomy by not depending on other nations but rather having other nations only depend upon it; and by maintaining a huge Nuclear arsenal.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Stratrf_Rus,

It's called independence from global supply chain. With out it, governments are forced in default to the world conglomerates (corporations), through their aggressive "privatisation" of enterprise, social services and natural resources, aka hostile takeover and plundering of the world by the private agendas of the elite.

Get with the program.

edit- spelling

[edit on 19-3-2006 by iskander]

new topics

join