It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gemini star 37 possible target for existence of life out side our solar system.

page: 1

join
share:
Jay

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:53 PM
link   
www.cnn.com...

Here's a pretty neat little tid biut i found today searchign the web. The only problem i for see in naming possible planets for life, is that we are stuck in a rut. I mean by this that we look for someplace so like ours that we may miss another place. That according to us can't support life, but life has a way of finding a way to servive. Even heard of shrimp, fish and tube worms living by the thermal vents on the bottem of the ocean.
No this environment is rich in sulfur, which can be deadly to some life. But life their has adapted to the sulfur content and the heat that radiates off the vents. Now i know that it will be way easier to find life that is based on carbon like us first. But we can't think closed minded when we go insearch of life outside the solar system, of for that matter inside the solar system.
I would like to get into a discussion about theorys about factors that would affect what life develops. Also if silicon based life might be possible?

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:21 PM
link   
More mass media ignoring the reality of our situation. We don't need hypothetical situations about life in our universe. Its obviously coming here already.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
heelstone,

if you are implying that aliens are among us on earth then i am going to have to disagree with you. However I do believe that aliens do exist, just not here...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:16 AM
link   
Jay,

yes agreed.

heelstone,

yes agreed.

thatoneguy,

why do you believe this? they can't read a star map?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 02:27 AM
link   
I dunno but this sounds like slow disclosure to me...

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:23 PM
link   
I think its really possible that there are people other than humans on Earth from the dawn of history

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Im sure they can read a star map. But so can we, and have we found them yet?

I think the UFO excitement is the militarys dream. It keeps peoples attention away from what they are really doing.

On top of that you have private orgs that try to find ET and cant find anything. So it would be a hard thing keep secret.

And it would be nearly impossible to travel the speed of light and even if you could intergalactic or intersteller travel would take way too long to get here.

Now if they could travel at the speed of light or faster then its more plausible.

But there are thousands of stars and planets in our galaxy alone. The chances of some of them having life are good in my opinion. If that number doesnt impress you then remember that there are thousands of more galaxies that contain thousands of more stars and planets. Galaxies are the building blocks of the universe and with as many as there are, just to think that one little rock out in the Milky way is the only host of life is sad.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 08:31 PM
link   
ya, very sad,

its so sad how blind or censerd the mass medea is...

i would crock if they took the UFO phenonona for what it realy is

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Thatoneguy, what are 'they', military really doing?

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Thatoneguy, what are 'they', military really doing?

I dont know im not in the military...

could be anything.

Top secret aricraft more than likely. Stuff they dont want the public to know about so they just let it slide as UFO's. Probably pay a few people to come out and say that they are retired air force and that aliens are real so that they can continue to build their airplanes under the UFO blanket.

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 11:04 PM
link   
I remember an interesting quote from Stanton Friedman on a tv documentary, he said something along the lines of "If we spent 10% as much energy trying to find out the truth about aliens as we did with Monica Lewinski, we would know the entire story within 2 months."

Aint the world a funny place?

new topics

top topics

join