It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular UFO image

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
That's one big ass bird. If you ask me. I'm not a photo expert but these images sure do look the same. What is the truth here my dear photo experts? Thanks!!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Seems to be a new breed of bird to me probably American made. Has anyone noticed most of these pictures nothing was seen at the time of the picture taking?? Are they moving too fast to be seen by the eye or are digital cameras able to see the previously unseen?? I just got a new digital SLR and will be taking lots of sky pictures to see what comes out.

mikell

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Hi just joined ATS. Have read many threads over many months and think it is time to talk (?).

Regarding this thread.

Does the originator of the photo still want to stay anonymous? I would question the authenticity if that were so.

If I had a photo that I thought genuinely would contribute to the UFO debate and was proof positive I would proudly submit it with my name associated and wait for the questioning, even though I am a very private person.

The fact that the priority seems to be the 30 grand and not the release of the alleged “high resolution” photo to the public domain for peer review is at best suspicious. I would have thought if it were genuine the worldwide media attention alone would be worth more than 30 grand, you know chat shows etc as “The person who proved that UFOs exist”, if money where a necessity.

As has been said before, IMHO it is a bird in all probability one of the gulls. The UFO confusion I believe is caused by a neglect of an understanding of perspective, lighting, aerodynamics and avian biology.

I would have thought that the defence of the photo is a little dangerous for the cause of UFOlogy or whatever. Claiming a photo to be a UFO when the consensus is that it is a bird (of some type)
Shows the possible ambivalence that even this kind of photo has. If I were wanting to mock the UFO belief community what a better way than to get it fighting amongst itself with a dodgy photo. Even better wait until they all believe then tell them you faked it.

No such problem here though…. ‘tis a s hite hawk. IMHO.

The other linked photos, they be birds too, IMHO...

MMM Homers Donut!!

mod edit: grammar

[edit on 17-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:43 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
As I stated longgg before I can not say that it is NOT a bird. I am not here fighting for that silly picture just contributing to the forum. However, you are uncapable of generating original thoughts and opinions, come at me with something YOU thought or state YOUR opinion not someone elses.

Trolling? You tell people to stop saying it's a bird because it's not their idea and they didn't start a thread about it. You aren't the first to think it's a UFO, either... and that's coming at you with MY opinion, which you asked for.

Let's just all move along here... if you think it's a bird, good, it is.
If you think it's a UFO....then it is.

Next.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by please_takemyrights]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Now here's a bird:

www.pbase.com...

Nice website, by the way!!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Ecto- Side note here. I would LOVE to see that picture of Godzilla mowing the lawn, I think that would be a cool picture to see. Can you scan it? and send it here?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   
this pic seems clearly to be a bird, not a ufo in any case. guys open your eyes, and indeed keep perspective and light in mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Do you know the shutter speed on his camera at the time he took the pic?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Oh and btw, I dont think its a bird because 1. I've never seen a bird of those dimensions airborne and 2. theres like 2 black spots at the back of it 3. the middle section look shiny and lustrous.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Ecto- Side note here. I would LOVE to see that picture of Godzilla mowing the lawn, I think that would be a cool picture to see. Can you scan it? and send it here?

Enkidu, that's hilarious! I've brought my photograph to work. When I am done for the day I will scan it in. I'm afraid mine is a little fuzzier than yours. See, godzilla was at quite some distance, I took the picture quickly, and the lighting wasn't that good.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Ectoterrestrial]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Check this out

cn.geocities.com...

Resembles the Vancouver Island pic in a way.

Does anyone here think ufo's and pyramids have a connection between them?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
yep, thats another bird

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Ive just had an idea. Anyone who thinks that this is a UFO, please draw a picture of a bird in flight from a side view. Then we can compare... anyone up for the challenge

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:52 PM
link   
that is totally a bird. No doubt in my mind.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   
those pics are cool mrjenka !!! the second and third links are the best !!

last time I knew birds do not have shiny metallic feathers !!

maybe the first link "could" be a seagull...but not the second or third....those are UFO's !!!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
BIRDS???
A shiny metallic bird on top of a pyramid? AND of THAT SIZE????
This forum is good enough for a science fiction novel.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I'll believe a digital pic of an apparently SHINY bird before I'll believe a UFO with FEET hanging down from it

Oh, and the apparent size? Once again, PERSPECTIVE.

[edit on 3/17/2006 by eaglewingz]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Hey guys well let me say this. Get off link one, if everyone thinks its a seagull than it is, BUT, look at link 2 and 3 and tell me what that is. Don't give me no excuse that it is a duck or a goose, prove to me how these pictures make you believe they are NOT UFO's. And everyone that is getting so worked up over this, I have a suggestion, see that little X at the top of your right hand corner, good, click it, and go on to another site or thread if you don't like this one, maybe make one yourself and maybe I will come read it and put my .02 cents into it. The seagull is a good theory for link 1 but no one has yet to explain link2 and link3 see the thing is birds don't tend to fly over jersey city and Egypt looking the same way. You have 10+ pictures showing you the same thing, in one picture you see 2 of thesame 'seagaulls' looking EXCATLY alike, I would like someone to explain this to me. My theory is that they are flying chickens.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Why do people keep mentioning size? There's nothing in that picture that indicates any kind of size. We have no idea of the position of the object relative to the lens and the background. But given that it looks like a bird, it's reasonable to assume it the size of normal bird.

Or does this picture make you think there are giant birds out there: www.svendchristensensgalehus.dk...

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join