It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular UFO image

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Next...

Yep,... You can cite as much evidence against the "UFO" theory as you want, they will continue to believe what they want to believe.

Just because this particular pic is a bird does not mean that the UFO "theory" is disproved (except perhaps in this one case). There are many explainable sightings. In fact, I'm sure most researchers would agree that over 90% of UFO sightings are probably simple misidentifications. However, it's the 10% or even 1% of truly amazing sightings, cases, etc. that really seem to point to something else going on.

Personally, I think it's healthy and good that even we "believers" can still tell a bird when we see one...but it certainly doesn't negate the truly bizarre and well-documented cases that are out there....

I'm not refuting all UFO theories and evidence in existance. I was only reffering to the photographs posted in this thread alone.
I think you either misunderstood my position, or I wasn't making myself clear.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:06 AM
link   

All the pictures look alike this is more than just a coincidence

No, no it's not, do you know why? Because they are all birds!

You are so in denial to save yourself embarrasment it's hilarious.

People like you give the subject of ufology a bad name. I've been watching this thread for some time now and you're starting to annoy me. Admit defeat, stop being so rude and defensive.

mod edit: removed personal comment

[edit on 22-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 02:39 AM
link   
Bedup- Judging from your post I see you have put alot of thought and scientific proof into it. You call me rude? You called me a moron, an idiot, and some other deragetory remarks, however, I did not know that these threads had winners and losers? Furthermore, I have not posted in days, do you feel better bandwagonner? I feel so much better now that you have pointed out that those are all birds, since I am sure I missed all the other posts. You make no opinion on the matter, just put together a simple kindergarden display and reinerate the points of many others. Do you feel better now that you have unleashed your childish rant? Do you think that will change my opinion otherwise to what it is now? Do you feel as though it was neccesary to do so? Have you seen me post anything in days? As far as I remmeber I live in the USA where opinions and free speech is not prohibited, therefore, making my opinion valid, no matter if it is right or wrong. I do am also sure of one thing, I am DEFINETLY sure I am way more educated than you and this I get from judging your post and your incapability to socialize in a friendly matter. If you thought something and everyone thought differently, what that make you an idiot, moron or stupid? Or would that just be your opinion? If it makes you feel better, I admit defeat. I now feel that I am not able to have an opinion on this site unless it is the same as the rest. Even if I DID think they were all birds, we had a good discussion for the most part don't you think? Whatelse would we do on this site if not agree and disagree with one another? No one would come. So there people. I ADMIT DEFEAT. As long as it makes EVERYONE happy.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
Well ok guys. Can you explain the second link I posted? It's of the same seagall from Vancouver, damn, that seagall should get frequent flyer miles. Here is the link again Link

personally, this looks like someone overshot with that bash the penguin game.
i need to get off these flash games

[edit on 22/3/06 by Tetrahydro]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Bedup- Judging from your post I see you have put alot of thought and scientific proof into it. You call me rude? You called me a moron, an idiot, and some other deragetory remarks, however, I did not know that these threads had winners and losers? Furthermore, I have not posted in days, do you feel better bandwagonner? I feel so much better now that you have pointed out that those are all birds, since I am sure I missed all the other posts. You make no opinion on the matter, just put together a simple kindergarden display and reinerate the points of many others. Do you feel better now that you have unleashed your childish rant? Do you think that will change my opinion otherwise to what it is now? Do you feel as though it was neccesary to do so? Have you seen me post anything in days? As far as I remmeber I live in the USA where opinions and free speech is not prohibited, therefore, making my opinion valid, no matter if it is right or wrong. I do am also sure of one thing, I am DEFINETLY sure I am way more educated than you and this I get from judging your post and your incapability to socialize in a friendly matter. If you thought something and everyone thought differently, what that make you an idiot, moron or stupid? Or would that just be your opinion? If it makes you feel better, I admit defeat. I now feel that I am not able to have an opinion on this site unless it is the same as the rest. Even if I DID think they were all birds, we had a good discussion for the most part don't you think? Whatelse would we do on this site if not agree and disagree with one another? No one would come. So there people. I ADMIT DEFEAT. As long as it makes EVERYONE happy.

Where is your scientific proof that they aren't birds? You have called people morons or insulted them numerous times, maybe not using that exact word but inferring the same thing.

You can have whatever opinion you want, but something that we all asked for which you did not provide once was what makes you have that opinion? You said maybe 1 or 2 things that were easily explained then didn't say anything else about it. Maybe you give us some proof that the pictures are not birds and we might see it your way.

Also, I don't think you have any right to say you are "DEFINATELY" smarter than anyone on this board. Especially when you constantly use the word 'reinerate'... which is not a word. It's funny how you are calling someone childish in your reply which happens to be 100 times more childish.

If you want people to stop insulting you, why don't you do something other than call everyone that does not agree with you a "bandwagonner" and try and defend your claim. You have not made any effort to defend your claim.

I just saw this too.

RedPill- I can not tell you why it is a fake because I am not an expert in photography, UFO's, or that particular object. I can however make a logical ASSUMPTION, and that being that it is a hoax or a fake.

So why is it that you are allowed to not be an expert and make a logical ASSUMPTION but when we do it you go on about how what we say is at best an uneducated guess because we are not experts on the subject?

It is the fact that you can see a picture of something that is supposed to be a UFO and even if faked, at least resembles what you would commonly think is a UFO and totally pass it off as a fake but when you see a picture of a bird with all of the parts pointed out to you and you still won't accept it is a bird, that makes me think you are just dragging this on to get a reaction out of people.

By the way everyone, I'm talking about this thread.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/22/2006 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Its clearly a big normal seagull.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Greetings Fellow Believers,

There are two problems with these photos from mrjenka: resolution and perspective. Whether or not these images are of a seagull--I live in the edge of the High Plains and haven't seen a seagull in ten years.

Many of you visiting ATS have seen UFOs. mrjenka is just one visitor who is having a frustrating time trying to prove what is in the image. How many of you have seen UFOs and tried to convince others you weren't hitting the Peyote?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jack of Scythes
mrjenka is just one visitor who is having a frustrating time trying to prove what is in the image.

That's just the thing. He isn't trying to prove anything. He is just saying what he thinks and leaving it at that, giving us no explanation as to why.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

So there people. I ADMIT DEFEAT. As long as it makes EVERYONE happy.

You know, on second thought, maybe it is a UFO.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I took over 200 seagull pictures last weekend and as the bird pictures above prove the pictures don't look like birds. Anybody else care to try. It's not a bird.

mikell

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:08 PM
link   
If people on this board would be willing to post images and videos in an "Objective" fashion, there would be less a wrangling that this thread has brought on.
Objective: Uninfluenced by emotions, personal preferences, or prejudices

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Bdup...calling some here a "moron" is against TOS.

Mods..take notice !! methinks a warning is deserved here.

mrjenka...pay the **** no mind.....let his small mind think what it wants.

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Alpha Grey]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Uhh Ohh Mods...Name calling persists

This bipedal humanoid just called BDup a fool with a small mind.

Me thinks 30 lashes with a wet noodle for all offenders is due.
I'll start boiling the water...

[edit on 22-3-2006 by nullster]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
Uhh Ohh Mods...Name calling persists
This bipedal humanoid just called BDup a fool with a small mind.
Me thinks 30 lashes with a wet noodle for all offenders is due.
I'll start boiling the water...

Ok Ok
you got me !! check for edit !

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Very clearly a seagull.

Interesting that even with all the diagrams with arrows pointing to the head / wings / beak etc, that people are still willing to believe the improbable (UFO).

Still very funny that this guy wants $30K for a photo of a seagull.
ROFL

-edit- (I need spelling lessons)

[edit on 3/22/2006 by EvolutionEvil]

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Obviously a seagull, people who think it isn’t just want to see something different. I’ve lived by the sea for 21 years and have seen seagulls on a day to day basis.
When a seagull is in mid flight over the sea/coast and there is low light they can look peculiar, but either way it’s a bird gliding. Why don’t you send you pic off to Bill Oddie, I am sure he’d be happy to clarify.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Sorry Mrjenka, I went a bit OTT there and you are intitled to your own opinion which I respect. I can't seem to edit the last post though unfortunately.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It's a bird, it's a plane....it's...it's...it's a...
...seagull.
You have to be blind or high not to see this.
Painfully obvious.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Did you know these UFO's love bread? I sometimes go down to the beach and see these UFO's and throw bread up in the air and the take it i guess for samples to bring back to thier planet. Sometimes they analize the sample on board and remove the waste before leaving for I guess thier planet. I thought I was the only one to see them but it is nice to know I am not alone!!!

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Bedup- No offense taken man. I would also like to comment on some of the previous post. I can not make a scientific claim on either it is a brid or a UFO due to the simple fact that I am not a scienticst and have no training in that field. I can not sit here and point out any kind of relevant features that would make those pics not birds, because, there has never been a pic or video of a UFO that has been definetly proven to be just that a UFO. I have nothing to draw comparisions too. I can only make a logical assumption that in MY eyes that is one BIG seagull. If it is a seagull than let it be, if it is a UFO than that is fine aswell. I take everyones opinion in to consideration, however, that will not make my opinion any different. I am entitled to it and so is everyone else, that unfortunantly does not make me an idiot or a moron, just a person with a differing perspective. If you people wish for me to concede and admit defeat than I do, however, my opinion has not changed. And one last thing, I have not called anyone an idiot, moron or anything else, I have implied on certain things but did not make a definitive attack on anyones character or integrity. You can bash me all y ou want, I will not change, this is me and no one will change me. Thank you for all your comments and opinions.

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join