It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spectacular UFO image

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Blackoctober- I am not SURE of anything. I am only stating my OPINION, I never said it's a UFO and that's it. It's you guys that have the hard time understanding people have differing opinions and differing views. You can also see a whale in your post CLEARLY, without any explanation needed. You are nothing more than average Joe of the street with an opinion, just as I am.Sorry to burst your self rightous bubble.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrjenka
So if I disagree with the majority of posters am I wrong?

The likelihood of your being wrong certainly goes up.

Unlike you who joined this thread 2 days after it was started, I am no jumper of the bandwagon.

My first post was within, like, 3 hours of your original post. So there.

I wonder what you would have said if someone ELSE did not make the bird theory, and by the way, that is all it is, a theory.

Your right, its a theory. And its testable. And the testing appears to support it much more than your desperate yammering.

Just like my opinion is a theory so is yours, you can not prove anything beyond the reasonable doubt.

No, your opinion is not a theory. Its an opinion. It can not be tested. I can prove many things beyond a reasonable doubt. For instance, a sharp stick in the eye is painful.

NC

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   

Blackoctober- I am not SURE of anything. I am only stating my OPINION, I never said it's a UFO and that's it. It's you guys that have the hard time understanding people have differing opinions and differing views. You can also see a whale in your post CLEARLY, without any explanation needed. You are nothing more than average Joe of the street with an opinion, just as I am.Sorry to burst your self rightous bubble.

You never said it was a UFO? Whats the name of the thread we are in again?..

uh. Spectacular UFO image

Now based on the way you try and snake out of everything people have been saying.. I will say. I bet you are probably going to say, "Oh no, I'm not saying it is a UFO, the guy on the website did." If you didn't think it was a UFO you would not have even posted it, or at least you wouldn't have given it such a title.

Its funny how you contradict everything you say. First with insulting people then saying we shouldn't insult people with different opinions, then trying to offend me and my "self righteous bubble" and what not.

By now I have come to the conclusion that you are a troll who is just disagreeing for the sake of disagreeing. Honestly, you must be blind. Wether you actually have really bad eyes or you are just unwilling to except the truth, I find it amazing how stubborn and rude you are.

P.S. If you guys haven't seen it yet I'm sure this thread will help you with mrjenka.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 3/17/2006 by xxblackoctoberxx]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hey not clever, I give your sig 15 points on a scale from 1 to 10. Very clever, notclever.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Nothing to see here.
Move along.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:16 PM
link   
I thought it was a UFO and I STILL think it is one. Don't judge me based on my opinions. And no you can't prove anything beyond reasonable doubt you can however, speculate and make educated guesses as we all do.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I never said it's a UFO and that's it.

I thought it was a UFO and I STILL think it is one.

Which is it?

I am not judging you based on your opinion. I am judging you based on the way you act when someone does not agree with your opinion, and the constant rudeness you have shown with those people.

You think they are UFOs (I think). That's fine. I think they are birds. You are the one who got all defensive when everyone started saying they thought it was just birds. It seemed like when someone said 'Its not a UFO, its a bird', you took it as a threat. LISTEN TO YOURSELF and accept that other people have opinions that differ from yours. Especially when they are trying to clearly explain to you why, while you are not. You do not state why you have your opinion. At least we are telling you that we can see birds and we are outlining them trying to show you.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
Wow, you come off calling me rude!! Are you serious? I am only defending myself and my integrity, reread some of the post from previous days, how I was personally attacked. I am just defending myself and my right to an opinion.Take your own advice October

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:26 PM
link   
We know birds exist. no one can say for sure that UFO's exist, that alone puts our theory above yours.

If i put a gun against someones head, and suddenly they were killed by a hole through the head, It means theres a 99.999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 999999999999999999999999999999999999999999chance that i shot them, but it is possible a tiny meteorite fell from the sky and hit him through the head. Anything is possible but common sense helps us create a logical conclusion. If it wasnt so then society would collapse.

And in this jury i think youve lost.

(sorry to use such a disturbing example, its just the first thing that came to mind after reading some of jengas posts)

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
jenga, did you spend 30 grand on this photo, is that why your so touchy?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Really, not trying to be a butthead here. The overwhelming consensus is..they are BIRDS.

I very rarely admit this, but....I have held some false assumptions. And I have even been very defensive of some less than solid conclusions.

I don't think I, and the others here, are wrong on this.

BIRDS.

NC

P.S. The username NotClever really does work as a misdirection, doesn't it?

EDIT: I've gotta' work on writing better sentences!

[edit on 17-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   
The very first thing I saw in the first picture was the head of a bird (seagull). Its so obvious. Im amazed that there is 11 pages of discussion as to whether or not this is a bird.

You can clearly see its eye,beak and wings. Its not like looking at a pancake and seeing elvis, its like looking at a picture of a bird... and seeing a bird.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlausibleDeniability
The very first thing I saw in the first picture was the head of a bird (seagull). Its so obvious. Im amazed that there is 11 pages of discussion as to whether or not this is a bird.

You can clearly see its eye,beak and wings. Its not like looking at a pancake and seeing elvis, its like looking at a picture of a bird... and seeing a bird.

It's at times like this that you end up thinking 'if they can't work out that that's a seagull, and not a UFO, then how do they manage to do more complicated things in life, involving motor-skills AND brain activity, like brushing their teeth, or urinating a defecating?'

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lanton
It's at times like this that you end up thinking 'if they can't work out that that's a seagull, and not a UFO, then how do they manage to do more complicated things in life, involving motor-skills AND brain activity, like brushing their teeth, or urinating a defecating?'

LOL

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by llfrequencyll
Check this out

cn.geocities.com...

Resembles the Vancouver Island pic in a way.

Does anyone here think ufo's and pyramids have a connection between them?

Yea, it seems hooded crows love the area.

[url=http://www.leidenuniv.nl/fsw/band/Sinai/Birds/HoodedCrowFly/cairo75_hoodcrow.jpg]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I've been following thread for a bit now and its got me a little worried that quite a view people can't see the seagull in the picture, and the 'evidence' that it is a UFO.
For example posting a picture of another seagull and saying "Here's what a seagull looks like, so that aint a seagull" for me is the act of an idiot. Seagulls dont fly in the shame shape constantly (they have to flap and glide you know) and photographs can be taken at various angles and positions.
Also using "Your a sceptic" as a reason to ignore there views is foolish. If you really believe and want to investigate this type of field you HAVE to be sceptical because theres so much crap, and fakes out there and only a small minority should be taken as real.
As for the original poster complaining about people mocking him, maybe in the future you should think before posting a picture of a seagull and trying to convince people to buy it.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I agree with the other posters concerning the first image. It is clearly a bird because one can see the beak, the left eye ball, the ridge of feathers underneath the neck, the two wings protruding from the sides, one can see the bulge where the body meets the tail, and the tail feathers protrude from the end. I do not know much about the different kinds of birds around the world so I cannot say what kind of bird it is but I am certain it is a bird.

I am inclined to believe bronze-colored object over a building is an unidentified flying object or a clever hoax of one. Judging by the direction the shadows on the building were cast it is easy to see that the light hitting the building corresponds with the lighter-colored section of the object. This indicates the object is composed of a light-refracting material: metal. The angle of the shine also indicates that if this is truly an unidentified flying object then it was above or behind the building and not close to the camera. The softness of the shine gives the appearance of brushed, well-polished metal. The size and shape of the shine, along with a rounded-shadow to the right, indicate it is a wing or compartment for an engine. The shape signifies that it comes to an end near the front of the object and this would indicate that the bulge on the left is a similar compartment or wing. Near the front (left side) of the object there are 4 noticeable black spots. The black spots near the bottom appear to be air-ducts of some sort because the surrounding metal indicates it goes toward the shiny section on our side and the other side is hard to tell but appears to be the same. Thus, the two bottom spots and the shine on the sides indicate it is some kind of engine compartment possibly housing two jet engines. The two larger black spots on the top of the object appear to be tinted domes enclosed by metal that is shaped to give the appearance of eyes and bottom eye lids. One can be certain these are not eyes because the direction of them is inconsistent with birds (birds have eyes that generally look down toward the ground and not toward the sky.) Even if this were some unknown biological life form the eye would only be so dilated to absorb as much light as possible but why would such a life form have a shortage of light when it is looking directly at the sun? If this were some unknown life form its eyes would barely be dilated. The only life forms I know that have large dilated eyes that point upward and forward are frogs or sting rays that must look out for predators coming from the top—totally inconsistent with a flying life form. This tells me they are tinted domes to prevent a lot of light from entering inside the object (just like tint on car windows.) The tail section seems to confirm it is some kind of machine because it the bottom tail section arches downward as if some kind of opening at the back so air entering from the front could be expelled there for propulsion. I do not have the technical know-how to determine if this is a hoax or not; however, I can say that if it is not a hoax it is an unidentified object. If it is an unidentified flying object then it is of considerable size and importance for further research. Considering the unsophisticated propulsion it would seem that this object is not from space but may be a military craft.

I do not know why others are trying to pass the bronze-colored object off as a duck with its head cocked away from the camera. It does not look like a duck. Ducks rarely, if ever, cock their heads to the side when they are flying. The reason is because their eyes are on the side giving them 180-degrees of visual freedom and having the head cocked back would mean it was trying to see if something were flying behind it. Obviously, there is nothing flying behind it. The backs on ducks are smooth and do not have large black bulges while the object in the picture clearly does. The direction the light hits the object shows it is over the top or behind the building so that would have to be a very, very, large duck as well. The proportion of the body section and the tail section is totally inconsistent with ducks as well (I’ve never seen a duck whose tail is almost the same size as its body.) It is an unidentified flying object, a hoax of an unidentified flying object, or is one of the largest, most-deformed, and most-paranoid ducks ever recorded. If I were placing bets I would not put my money on the duck explanation.

----

Edit: Scepticsteve, could you please edit your post (ID: 2078130)? The long string of 9's makes all the posts stretch and ruins the readability of the posts. Thank you.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by megamanXplosion]

[edit on 18-3-2006 by megamanXplosion]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

[url=http://www.leidenuniv.nl/fsw/band/Sinai/Birds/HoodedCrowFly/cairo75_hoodcrow.jpg]

Thank you! Earlier I was going to say it looks like a crow with a white body and white on the wings but I didn't think there was such a thing and I didn't want to sound stupid. I think it is obviously a hooded crow.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by xxblackoctoberxx

Originally posted by notbuynit

Thank you! Earlier I was going to say it looks like a crow with a white body and white on the wings but I didn't think there was such a thing and I didn't want to sound stupid. I think it is obviously a hooded crow.

I knew it was clearly another bird pic but also knew if I didn't take the time to atleast identify the bird, I wouldn't even begin to convince the "it's a UFO and stop quenstioning it crowd." At first like many others I thought it to be a raptor of some sort but it was clearly too small to be a hawk. I thought it to be a falcon but then I decided it was too bulky, not sleek enough. I decided like you that it was a crow but I didn't know of any crow that was partly white. So I searched crows in Egypt and to my surprise I just happen to get a resident crow with the same coloring as the "UFO" in the pic. This by no means is absolute proof that it is a bird, just enough to convince a reasonable person that it is far far far more likely to be a bird than an alien space craft.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
This whole web site is populated by a bunch of alien loving conspiracy theorists, if there's a general consensus among them that we're looking at a bird, then we're looking at a bird. No one wants alien evidence more than the people around here but if they debunk it, I'd just go ahead and accept it as fact: it's a seagull.
The other possibility is mrjenka is a troll of some sort and just stirring this place up, but he seems to have been around for at least a little while so I doubt that's the case.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join