It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rise of the Insectobots

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Pentagon plans cyber-insect army

The Pentagon's defence scientists want to create an army of cyber-insects that can be remotely controlled to check out explosives and send transmissions.

The idea is to insert micro-systems at the pupa stage, when the insects can integrate them into their body, so they can be remotely controlled later.

Experts told the BBC some ideas were feasible but others seemed "ludicrous".

Progress eh? The never ending search for the prefect war brings us to insect weaponry. I know they're only talking about bugs, but you have to start somewhere. Where does this path lead? Legions of warriors bred for battle?

Secondly, if an insect can be made into a weapon, then it seems logical to me that one can be rigged for surveillance. How long before that bluebottle buzzing around your light is capturing your every move?

A story like this, to me, is just proof that some of the worlds most perverted minds work for the military, and the gods they worship and imprisonment and murder.

A similar scheme aimed at manipulating wasps failed when they flew off to feed and mate.

I guess God is still winning this one.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Instead of invading Iraq they send in a wasp full of poison to sting Saddam.

The only problem is a mosquito net and fly swatter are a simple but effective defence.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Well, I can certainly see the scary side of this development, but also I can see the massive benifits. This stuff could be used well outside of the military as well as within. We can only hope it doesn't come to pre-bred warriors, but one never knows...

Cyber-flies and nanobots...the future will be hard to hide in, to be sure.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   
i guess the saying you been bugged has been taken to the next level with actual Bugs that are bugs

to the person who inevnted this method BRAVO

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:57 AM
link   
imagine the range of a remote controlled insect.

Justin

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Implosion
Secondly, if an insect can be made into a weapon, then it seems logical to me that one can be rigged for surveillance. How long before that bluebottle buzzing around your light is capturing your every move?

Not sure where you're getting this from the article you've posted, but I think surveilance is the primary goal here. as in, go check out that suspicious box over there by the side of the road, and see if someone's trying to KILL US!. Is it inhumane to say I'd rather we lost a fly than a human being?

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm thinking of those mega-ant hills - the ones that run 100's of miles underground. Single hill. What an army... Incredible surveillance potential too.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
They would have a heck of a range, but i'm not sure how long the supposed insect-weapon would exist before it died of old age.

[edit on 24-3-2006 by squirrelassasin]

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by squirrelassasin
They would have a heck of a range, but i'm not sure how long the supposed insect-weapon would exist before it died of old age.

They "reproduce" and self-power from waste.

More info here:

The New Military

top topics

join