It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The OFFICIAL Marvel Comics CIVIL WAR thread.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:21 PM
link   

According to the New York Times article on the story, "The story opens with a reckless fight between the New Warriors, filming a reality television show, and a cadre of villains. The battle becomes quite literally explosive, killing some of the superheroes and many innocent bystanders. That crystallizes a government movement to register all super-powered beings as living weapons of mass destruction. The subsequent Registration Act will divide the heroes into two camps, one led by Captain America, the other by Iron Man. Along the way, Marvel will unveil its version of Guantánamo Bay, enemy combatants, embedded reporters and more. The question at the heart of the series is a fundamental one: 'Would you give up your civil liberties to feel safer in the world?' " [2]

Source Wikipidia

Feel Free to Speculate:

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Truth_Hunter_1976]

[Mod edit - Spelling in title]

[edit on 27/4/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Officially speculate?

jk

I'm really interested in that FF cover. Will Thor be returning or is that just Doom holding Mjolnir?

[edit on 16/3/2006 by Umbrax]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Looks Like DOOMS Arm and that Hammer is off the ground....The Split Bewtween Iron Spidy and Regular Spidy id what Bum fuddleing me...............

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I have also heard that One OR BOTH of the Fantastic 4`s Kids are going to die....Maybe in the Original Explosion..........

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Another theory for POST Civil War the HULK makes himself Public Enemy #1......He made A comment in the recent Planet Hulk issue about humans being weak...then one of the Brood said that was not so that Individually Humans Can be weak and Vulnerable But together they are Formidable and there Machines and there Hero`s can accomplish great tasks.....The Hulk then said there Machines and there hero`s will not save them. Four arms then asked from what.....And they were Interrupted before the Hulk could give his Answer....I think After what the Illuminati did to him the Hulk is going to come back with a Vengeance and WELL on his way to becoming the Mastero.....

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
That would be cool

I love the comics where a bunch of heroes dog pile on to the Hulk.

posted on Apr, 3 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was reading the Marvel Solits...First issue after Planet Hulk....The Hulk Takes on...The Angel,Iceman,The Black Widow and Hercules...

posted on Apr, 4 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Marvel.com has put together a "Civil War" checklist.

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Thanks Brax I wonder how much it is going to costy me to get the WHOLE collection:w:

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:44 AM
link   
I don’t know man, but it is too rich for my blood.
Big cross over events like this ticked off a lot of people in the 90’s.
Likely I will just catch up on the information from wikipedia or something.

I can only buy 4 or 5 books a month with my allowance

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:49 AM
link   
I have a SOMEWHAT bigger Budget....What I might do is buy the Individual Issues then Sell them (on Ebay Maybe)one I buy the TPB

posted on Apr, 5 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   
I really dont buy Comicd that much anymore but this Civil War Story seems worth it and orignal......**diffrent** from the good VS evil garbage we normaly get......

posted on Apr, 7 2006 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Marvel just finished a telephone press conference in regards to their big event this summer.

Comicbookresources.com

# "This is like a bad sex chat line," laughed Millar as he began the discussion.
# “It’s like the wild west” said Millar, of the tone of the series, and what it’ll be like with superheroes working for the government.
# “Nobody is right and nobody is wrong”,” says Millar, regarding the fact that heroes will be conflicting with other, citing Iron Man and Captain America as representative of the ideological conflict. Iron Man genuinely believes in working with the government and Captain America believes in the altruism of simply fighting for what’s right. Neither will be completely right or wrong.
# “I don’t think dark is a bad thing,” said Millar of “Civil War’s” tone and cited a desire to find a balance between darkness & light. “It’s very old school, I’m a fan of secret identities and the old school Marvel approach. Some people who looked at the scripts have been surprised by that.”
# “Marvel has never been light,” added Millar, mentioning the drug addiction issues of Spider-Man and the alcoholism affecting Tony Stark. He also mentioned love of big superhero fights and how cool it is see to a walking nuclear weapon like Iron Man fighting a tough guy like Captain America.
# There is no mastermind controlling heroes, revealed Marvel, hoping to quash Internet rumors. There is no one pulling strings or controlling their minds. This wi

For more click the link.

posted on Apr, 11 2006 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Comicbookresources.com has a six page preview of Civil War #1.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Marvel has put togeter a " video prequel" for Civil War.

Click here to watch it.

posted on Apr, 27 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
T-minus 4 days and counting till CIVIL WAR

posted on May, 3 2006 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Ok WOW this is going to get ugly and I do mean fast...........Captain America Has Gone Renegade. S.H.I.E.L.D tried to take him down because he refused to take part in super hero take down.The Watcher Made an Appearance...Not sure how long Spidey is going to be able to hang with Stark (Iron Man) Its Powerful how the Mother reacted to her sons Death(Damien)

posted on May, 7 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Umbrax
That would be cool

I love the comics where a bunch of heroes dog pile on to the Hulk.

Get "What If: The Hulk Killed Wolverine" Its the Hulk vs. just about every superhero. Also, the end of the world.

posted on May, 10 2006 @ 05:13 PM
link   
Marvel.com now has Civil War banners.

There is one to say you are on Ironman's side and there is one to state you are on Captain America's side.

For months, Marvel has been asking "Whose side are you on?" Well, now it's decision time.

Marvel has released two Civil War banners that can be posted on your website, in your message board signature, or on your Myspace page. Choose your side in Civil War and prominently display your choice with either a Captain America Anti-Super Hero Registration banner or an Iron Man Pro-Registration banner.

Not only will these banners tell everyone whose side you are on, but they link back to Marvel.com so you can keep abreast of all the latest Civil War news.

The battle lines have been draw and it's time to take a side. Show your Civil War pride with either a "I'm with Captain America" or "I'm with Iron Man" banner.

I've resized them so you can use them on ATS. Just copy and paste the code into your sig box.

[url=http://www.marvel.com/comics/22?tid%20=%202099] [ATS]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Umbrax3/CaptAmer_213x50.jpg[/ATS][/url]

[url=http://www.marvel.com/comics/22?tid%20=%202011] [ATS]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f299/Umbrax3/IronMan_213x50.jpg[/ATS][/url]

d1k

posted on Jun, 9 2006 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Wow this is crazy. But you have to buy like 30 different comic series to get the whole story?

bah

top topics

<<   2 >>

join