It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health officials brace for return of SARS this winter

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:43 AM
link   
This sounds like they know something more than they are letting on.

I wonder if they are expecting a counter-strike from China for the SARS strike?

ATLANTA -- Fear over the possible return of SARS is so great in the United States that even if the virus does not appear, it will probably cause disruptions in hospitals this winter, top U.S. health officials say.

CDC and other health officials say emergency rooms could be swamped with suspected cases of the disease.

"Whether the virus comes back this winter or not, we will be dealing with SARS," said Dr. James Hughes, director of the National Center for Infectious Diseases of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "When people start showing up with respiratory diseases, physicians will be thinking of SARS."

www.detnews.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:39 PM
link   
wouldn't surprise me if SARS does reappear this winter. SARS is a cousin of the common cold, and viruses of that type tend to strike in colder weather for whatever reason. if SARS hits with a vengance, winter is going to suck even more than winter already does.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I love winter.. you can go snowboarding in the winter. Have you ever tried snowboarding in the summer? Yeah I know it sucks in the summer.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:44 PM
link   
yeah how great would sars be... with large scale powercuts sprinkled on top...

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by The Blade Runner]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:06 PM
link   
Well you're rite health officials here in Hong Kong have warned us of another possible scare but i dont think it will happen again after what happened the first time.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
So the hypoconriacts are going to come running into the hospitals with a running nose complaing of SARS and demanding antibiotics. GREAT!

NyQuil works just fine for me.

top topics

join