It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nutritional Slavery

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Although it's legal to use traditional seeds, the GM stuff spreads on the wind, cross-breeds and hybridizes with the natural stuff. Then Monsanto sues the farmers for stealing their patented seed and using it illegally. No kidding. There's been a case running in Canada for years.

ed clarity

[edit on 30-3-2006 by soficrow]

posted on Mar, 30 2006 @ 11:36 PM
link   
you have no idea how this thing works.

you shouldn’t be bashing a company that feeds millions when you don’t know the facts.

and if i remember correctly the case in Canada was from a broken contract...same thing if you bash up a rental car hertz gets pi**ed lol

that scenario couldn’t win in the us b/c it is law that anything in the air is free and the second say a company patented a certain seed it grew and the pollen spread to another plant and fertilized it , it is now a separate genetic code not parent nor donor. hence you couldn’t sue.

but as for the thread topic i think the us has every right to restrict sales of gm just as long as there is no food shortage

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by engenerQ

you have no idea how this thing works.

you shouldn’t be bashing a company that feeds millions when you don’t know the facts.

Pardon me?!

Here's a short list of ATS coverage of Monsanto.

Monsanto Terminator Technology -- Worldwide Famine & Starvation

Monsanto: The Definitive Guide

Monsanto Fined for Bribery.

Monsanto Planting Evil

Monsanto Getting Creepier and Creepier

GM Frankenfood Allergies

Mass Media Cover-up

Millions against MONSANTO !

Toxic Drift: Monsanto and the Drug War in Colombia

Genetically Modified Foods: Unborn Babies at Risk?

and if i remember correctly the case in Canada was from a broken contract...same thing if you bash up a rental car hertz gets pi**ed lol

You are thinking of a Mississippi case. Understandable - as Monsanto is suing farmers all over the world - trying to get a monopoily on the food supply.

Monsanto Suing Farmers Over Piracy Issues

posted on Mar, 31 2006 @ 09:21 AM
link   
It's all about control. Telling the Iraqi's what they can plant and where they have to get their seeds is utter tyranny is against everything we have fought for, life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.

The following is a quote from the Declaration of Independance.

"-That when any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,"

Maybe it's time to exercise our rights, before we lose those too!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join