It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to blow up the Sears towers? Things are in motion...

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
So we have gone from discussing the Sears tower to bashing Bush, you should all be ashamed.

The bottom line is that you have to do real world recon, because pictures cannot give you the feel. If you are going to pull of a large operation, you are going to want to learn the movement of everyone of the street. You will sit at a coffeeshop and observe, you will make sure you take the same route so there will be no surprises when the operation begins.

Taking the pictures in broad daylight draws no bad attention, as you jsut plead ignorance, state you can't read English and the signs, and you move on. This is normal. What is not normal is bieng caught taking the pictures from buildings across the street. And if you think they are not watching, you're wrong.

This may or may not be connected, maybe it is a false flag to draw attention. That is a classical tactical move, using deception to come to your means.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I think if anything is gonna happen its going to be carefully planned out. Its something thats going to fit the pattern perfectly and back this administrations policy's furthermore. It wont be blamed on a nation itself but to an organization possibly one in Palestine/Iran. I dont see it happening on U.S. soil , it would more than likely happen to something connected to america. Maybe a cruise liner, but if it were to happen on U.S. soil i believe it will happen on a TRAIN.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
So we have gone from discussing the Sears tower to bashing Bush, you should all be ashamed.

I actually realized that after my last post and I am ashamed!
It's just such a logical progression!

I apologize for my part in taking this thread off-track.

What I don't understand about the Sears Tower thing is - what is suspicious about people taking pictures of things? I can see the Grand Canyon on the Internet, but people take thousands of pictures of it every day. The Eiffel Tower, the Empire State Building. Isn't that all a part of travel? Taking pictures with which to bore your friends later??

Why would someone taking a picture while visiting one of the tallest buildings in the world set off warnings? I'd take a picture if I was there. My computer is FULL of pictures I've taken.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic
My computer is FULL of pictures I've taken.

Hmmm, you're setting off red flags right now you know, lol. I'm not really worried about this story personally, I guess I'm pretty far from Chicago but I'm also not worried about the other imminent attack thread in which Arizona was named. Just put them on the shelf next to the last thousand or so....

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:24 PM
link   

What I don't understand about the Sears Tower thing is - what is suspicious about people taking pictures of things?

It wasn't that they were taking pictures, I think it was they way they pulled up in the car, and later found out it was rented with a false name. I see the building every day, and there are no shortage of picture takers for blocks around, but none of them ever cause suspicion. If you tried to flag the hundreds of people taking pictures at every second we would need a special security force around that block.

But like I said, it's highly unusual for someone to pull their car over to the curb over there and get out. It's purposefully been made logistically difficult to keep potential car bombs at bay, and there are car parks everywhere to discourage excess traffic going by for several reasons. Congestion mainly.

It's annoying enough to have hundreds of people wandering around staring up at the sky and not where it is they are walking, but having people do it from their car at the same time is discouraged because it isn't safe. The pedestrians we can handle, and of course we want them to enjoy our city and it's landmarks, so most of us locals have just learned to manuver around them, but the cars? It could get really congested and dangerous.

Personally, I'm concerned about the threat. I don't understand why our city would be a good target, but it is high profile, and is on several lists of 'hit' sites for several different groups.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by LucyStoner76]

[edit on 17-3-2006 by LucyStoner76]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I work across the street from Sears tower. I walk past it every day. I see people (tourists) taking pictures every day. I’ve even seen the doorman taking pictures of tourists with their cameras.

The loading dock part, however, is a bit worrying. Since the loading dock is off of lower Wacker drive, it is not really accessible to pedestrians (although there are probably a few homeless living down there.) tourists don't go there, and its not really all that photogenic (outside of the Blues Brothers movie). In fact, the light down there is pretty bad, so the flash was probably going off on the camera.

Yes, I would say that that was suspicious.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by HowardRoark]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Don't ever underestimate the methods used to gather intelligence. These days with the Internet enemy spies unwittingly begin with you and me. We are easily persuaded to disclose what we we think of as common knowledge but in a world a couple of decades ago even seemingly trivial information would still require close quarter intelligence to be gathered with the use of operatives.
Taking photos may seem harmless enough, but you really need to do it yourself when planning an operation to ensure you get accurate, recent and detailed data. Unfortunately this opens the door to complete paranoia which is what is leading us into the Orwellian nightware we currently face. Still, ignoring it is not an answer either.... The true answer? I wish I knew.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Silverstein owns that tower as well so keep an eye on him, if he takes out another fat insurance policy then you know that thing is coming down. He made a lot of money from 9/11 and greed is an uncurable disease.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
sorry guys but ur all nut

Mod Note: You Have a U2U- Click Here.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Great way to introduce yourself on a new board, SuPeRnErD

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Notice, BH, we are all the same "nut". (

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:54 PM
link   
OK, we had a blurp there. Let's get back to the topic.

SuPeRnErD, please, contribute or don't post.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Has anyone noticed that the stock market is skyrocketing yet interest rates are rising. Now, that happened when....about 5 years ago.

Also, as described, why would you want to take pictures of a loading dock.

However, now it seems that it was a few mexicans in a rented van last October.

chicagotribune.com

www.suntimes.com...

How could a newspaper screw up that bad and NOT think they would get busted...This sounds like a cover up of some type to change the story that drastically.

mod edit to shorten link

[edit on 17-3-2006 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Quite right, Intrepid...

So, does anyone think the FEDS had this story supressed for some reason???
Did it take place as reported, or not?

[edit on 17-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420
Earth/Google Maps can do all of that.

I think you may find that Google Earth pics are at least three years old. The one showing my house is nearly that. It shows my car that i had about three years ago. I sold it about that time too.

Just my point on things etc etc..............

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
What I see is alot of 'false' or 'hushed' events that have happened in the last year, starting with t

1. he kid who blew himslef up outside the stadium. New info has been released and the timer detonated prematurley is what is stated. Syrian roommates who vanished, and his ties to a local mosque.

2. Warning about NCAA bombings and a 'false alert' by 2 dogs is registered. I can understand one bieng wrong, but 2? On after there was a warning.

3. Man who vanished with shoes at LaGuardia.

4. SUV man takes out students in rented truck

5. and don't forget the prevented large scale terror attacks that were reported prevented

Now, this is 4 instances where something happened or it could have been a Tom Clancy/24 ending and it was thwarted. Is this the case. I think there are too many coincidences, and is it building a cry-wolf complaceny in America to where we will accept more and more until something very bad happens.

It may not be the Sears towers, because i have always said college/high sporting events or large truck bombs at Wal-Mart. Take out 300-500 at each site. It is about creating terror, not just death, that is risidual. Everyone would stay home it that happened, and no one would go out. Mass panic and not able to do anything about it because your safest places have been affected. I don;t fell like it will be a big monument, and that these types of things are distraction to the true operation that is in place.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Darn I love this site, two pages of rant and still not prof that something is wrong about the sears towers.

But is a hell of a lot of conspiracies so far and I agree with many.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alpha Grey
this story smells as bad as the tale of the hooker who said the west coast was going to be nuked.....its all BS !!

you got that right alpha grey

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Darn I love this site, two pages of rant and still not prof that something is wrong about the sears towers.

Make that 4 pages and yeah, the title should have been "Someone Takes Pictures of Sears Tower"! But that's not very dramatic.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Any Day Now..
I will hear you say
Good bye my love......

I wish we had a singing smilies....

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join