It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to blow up the Sears towers? Things are in motion...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by denythestatusquo
Watch this post disappear.

They can't make it disappear now, it'd be too obvious.

I think I've heard other stories of suspicious men taking pictures. I just don't understand what exactly that would accomplish besides freaking everybody out. How exactly would pictures of the outside of a building help anything?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd

I just don't understand what exactly that would accomplish besides freaking everybody out.

Exactly, that is exactly what I am wondering, now if they actually go inside the building and into the basement then I will be the first one to claim a possible connection to a terror activity.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Exactly, that is exactly what I am wondering, now if they actually go inside the building and into the basement then I will be the first one to claim a possible connection to a terror activity.

Yeah, and I think even the stupidist terrorist would know taking pictures inside the building would cause them to get tackled by security and shipped to Gitmo.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
Yeah, and I think even the stupidist terrorist would know taking pictures inside the building would cause them to get tackled by security and shipped to Gitmo.

I can not argue with that one, that is for sure, but is many other ways to get information, now a days terrorist are very high tech they don't need to physically show themselves to accomplish what is needed.

If they planning to attack they will only show up to do the deed because that will be the only time that they will be seen alive.

Don't you think?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
They almost always have to do active recon where they will actually be onsite, it happened at the trade center as someone else mentioned. Many of them will also make a tape to leave behind, and in some I have sen will tape the area that is to be attacked, to include it on the martyr tape.

This could easily dissappear if not for the false name for the car, and the time it was returned. They were seen at a loading dock at the Sears tower, not out front. That is even more concerning.

abclocal.go.com...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Further to my prior post, consider this:

Did not the ancients believe that everything was made of the 4 following substances?

-earth, air, fire, and water??

Often used today in occultic references..

well then consider this:

Air = NYC World Trade, destroyed by Air
Water = New Orleans, destroyed by flood
Fire = Chicago, to be destroyed by fire again? (remember great Chicago fire in the past?).
Earth = Los Angeles, destroyed by earthquake? is this unlikely? NAH!

I'll keep throwing stuff out as it comes to me here.

Let the kids argue about science all they want.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

Sure it can, Google Earth/Google Maps can do all of that.

Really? Post a picture of the traffic around the Sears tower at say..um..4Pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm, I want to see how it changes. Ill be waiting...

Well, as for the traffic, this site can figure out exactly what the traffic is going to be like at any time of day in Chicago.

As for the views of manholes and surrounding buildings.....

That is both a 3D construct and an image of the Sears tower. You can zoom in closer on google earth, but I thought you might not be able to recognize the building.

Edit: This can be done from a remote location, or locally with an active internet connection. There is no longer any need to view the buiding from the outside. Inside is another matter

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Rasobasi420]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Hi guys,

All smoke and mirrors!! Security let these guys go? Why??

Did they carry ID? or were they non-Arabic looking?? Fishy?

My opinion is that the photographers wanted to be seen and knew their plate would be reported (false); scare tactics or pre-emptive culpability?? Who knows?

Take care

J

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:05 PM
link   

They need a diversionary tactic now, something to make the trail of 911 run cold.

If they do a job in Chicago, then look for one more on the west coast too.

Hmmm maybe New Orleans was a job too? That would mean the east coast, the south, then the north and then on the west coast, would cover the whole USA.

Am I on to something here??

What color is the sky in your world?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   

abclocal.go.com...

FBI spokesman Ross Rice says the Sears Tower incident actually happened several months ago. He contradicts the information from our sources. Ross said investigators were able to trace the car outside the Sears Tower to a real person who they determined was not a threat.

So what is the truth here?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Originally posted by DaftDebunk

I don´t get it, why does they not use google?
I get 365 pics of sears towers...

My guess, tourists..

Tourists dont give false names to car rental shops and only rent cars for a couple of hours.

And on the scene intel is far superior to any intel they can get on Google. How do we know what they really wanted pictures of? It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by skippytjc]

Exactly.

Reason to worry? Yes, in my opinion.

Hopefully security tightens up a little, and the Fed's are on the hunt.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by notbuynit

They need a diversionary tactic now, something to make the trail of 911 run cold.

If they do a job in Chicago, then look for one more on the west coast too.

Hmmm maybe New Orleans was a job too? That would mean the east coast, the south, then the north and then on the west coast, would cover the whole USA.

Am I on to something here??

What color is the sky in your world?

Hmm you created a new member just so that you could attack me? Who are you anyways? In my world it is blue but since everything is controlled in this world, I have no idea what color it truly is. That is the best answer I can give you.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71

abclocal.go.com...

FBI spokesman Ross Rice says the Sears Tower incident actually happened several months ago. He contradicts the information from our sources. Ross said investigators were able to trace the car outside the Sears Tower to a real person who they determined was not a threat.

So what is the truth here?

well you gotta ask your self this question then: how much do I trust the FBI, the CIA, the NSA, Military, etc in light of JFK, 911 and everything else?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:11 AM
link   
The only suspicious thing here and dumb, are these guys in this day and age taking pictures in the middle of the day for whatever purpose knowing that the act of taking pictures is now a terroristic act.

For the love of..... You know, this is not only an old story, but a bogus and ridiculous one.
:shk:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Some more on this:

abclocal.go.com...

Since 9-11, the Sears Tower in particular has turned up on several lists of possible targets for terrorists. ABC7 news has reported sightings of suspicious looking individuals photographing the building numerous times in the past several years. Law enforcement officials have always publicly downplayed these incidents and they attempted to do that again Thursday.

Sears Tower employees Thursday reportedly received bulletins from building management reassuring them that there is no terror threat. But those bulletins failed to explain the incident ABC7 reported, that three suspicious looking men in a rental car pulled up to the building recently, got out and began studying the building. According to law enforcement sources, they took pictures before building security ran them off, but they never got their identification. Those sources tell ABC7 the car was rented to a fake name.

"Ran them off"!!!!!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Well the tower is owned bt Larry Silverstein so that should be a good of enough reason to be knocked down . I really dunno though. My guess is that 1) those 3 people are just tourists and want to take pics 2) (which i dun think is likely by now) the FBI is planning to pull it just like they did with the world trade center towers and the city police don't have knowledge about it.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   

but if I were terrorist in a paraniod country like US I would not take two of my terror-buddies with me and drive to one of the hottest terrorist targets and do a recon in daylight.

Why not? If that's the case here, it worked, they got the information. There are allways lots of people taking photos of landmark buildings.

The drugdealer making a score in Chicago?

Allways possible too. They could've made some sort of handoff and been posing as tourists taking photos for cover. Being able to pass around rolls of film and the like would aid any transfer of materials too.

skippytjc
I dont understand why this is so hard to imagin for some of you.

I think that most recognize that it could be terrorists, but its not too hard to see that it could be other criminal-types also. I think that a problem some people are having is that they think that terrorists have to be super-sleek and sneaky to acocmplish these things, and that you can't keep a cell secret with people 'waltzing right up' to the building they want to knock down. I'd disagree with that, the terrorists aren't stupid and shouldn't be underestimated, but that doesn't mean that they need to be using the highest levels of operation to get these things done.

denythestatusquo

What post? There's no post there.

I think I've heard other stories of suspicious men taking pictures.

It comes up a lot, there is an interest in such stories, so they tend to get circulated, and a lot of people are getting stopped for taking pictures nowaday too. I've even been stopped for taking photos of buildings.

I just don't understand what exactly that would accomplish besides freaking everybody out.

Why would a newspaper need a reason to report on something like this??

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

but if I were terrorist in a paraniod country like US I would not take two of my terror-buddies with me and drive to one of the hottest terrorist targets and do a recon in daylight.

Why not? If that's the case here, it worked, they got the information. There are allways lots of people taking photos of landmark buildings.

It would draw attention, theres already two pages written on a board for example. But that might just be the point with the whole mission. Attention..
The war-machince maybe needs motion lotion..
"Plot to blow up the Sears towers? Things are in motion... "

[edit on 17-3-2006 by DaftDebunk]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
I wonder what about these fellows was "suspicious looking"... Men taking pictures of a large building. Did they have dark hats on? Sunglasses? That's suspicious. Were they looking about as if they were guilty of something? That could be suspicious. Did they have blood on their clothes? Suspicious indeed.

Or were they just 3 guys taking pictures? Without regard to the rental car, what made them suspicious looking? Curious...

Why did they let them go before checking out the rental car???

This doesn't make sense, people!

I'm not impressed by all the warnings and threats the media reports.

I'll be impressed if the government does something to stop an attack, whether real or false flag. If things are at a pre-9/11 level, then our fellas in the White House and government agencies should be able to foil the plans, especially with all the knowledge they've gained since 9/11, right?

Then I'll be impressed. Until then, it's all just talk.

Oh, and by the way, we are being set up for a false flag operation.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:21 AM
link   
"Oh, and by the way, we are being set up for a false flag operation. "

Please do tell me what you know. I cant wait.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join