It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plot to blow up the Sears towers? Things are in motion...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:31 PM
link   
3 Men were stopped and questioned when they pulled up out front and started to take pictures. They were left alone to leave, but security made a note of the plates. The car was a rental and was returned just an hour or so after the incedent. The car was rented under a false name.

Anybody else have a feeling about this one?

They arent releasing any more information as it is under investigation.

Funny how this timing works out after last weeks message that two major attacks are coming...

Chicago Tribune

CHICAGO -- Police and federal investigators are looking into an incident about three weeks ago at the Sears Tower in which three men caught the attention of security guards when they got out of their car and appeared to be studying the 110-story building and taking photographs.

The men were questioned by building security guards but were allowed to leave, authorities said. The guards recorded the car's license plate and it was traced to a rental agency.

The car was returned to the agency about an hour after that, the source said, and investigators from the Joint Terrorism Task Force learned that it had been rented with a fictitious name.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
zip code for the tower is 60606

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
this story smells as bad as the tale of the hooker who said the west coast was going to be nuked.....its all BS !!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
I have a feeling on this one. The gov is desperate and staging little things like this.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by The_Voice
zip code for the tower is 60606

Mmmm...Im usually not into these things, but a great deal of speculation can come from that number. But in the end, the Sears tower is a "great" target regardless of any other "signs".

But 6/6/06 is the date? Or a Satan reference?

But three men in a rented car taking pictures of that building using false names, nothing good can come from that.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I don´t get it, why does they not use google?
I get 365 pics of sears towers...

My guess, tourists..

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Nice find.

This was a few weeks ago, and the end story about the car and the false name is very suspicious. Anything major happening soon in Chicago?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by DaftDebunk

I don´t get it, why does they not use google?
I get 365 pics of sears towers...

My guess, tourists..

Tourists dont give false names to car rental shops and only rent cars for a couple of hours.

And on the scene intel is far superior to any intel they can get on Google. How do we know what they really wanted pictures of? It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by skippytjc]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Were these guys movers or art students from some little country in the middle east? Maybe they are continuing their travels across the USA. It is amazing when a mouse terrorizes an elephant to do its bidding.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   

It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

Sure it can, Google Earth/Google Maps can do all of that.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasobasi420

It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

Sure it can, Google Earth/Google Maps can do all of that.

Really? Post a picture of the traffic around the Sears tower at say..um..4Pm, 4:30pm, and 6pm, I want to see how it changes. Ill be waiting...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by skippytjc

Tourists dont give false names to car rental shops and only rent cars for a couple of hours.

And on the scene intel is far superior to any intel they can get on Google. How do we know what they really wanted pictures of? It could have been manholes around the building, what building are adjacent, infrastructure, traffic conditions, etc. Google can’t get you that stuff.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by skippytjc]

We dont know what they are taking pictures of, and why but if I were terrorist in a paraniod country like US I would not take two of my terror-buddies with me and drive to one of the hottest terrorist targets and do a recon in daylight.

I´ll give you that fake name is strange, inscurances and stuff like that makes it kind of stupid. That makes them less suspected for being tourist.

What about your nextdoor criminal dude? The drugdealer making a score in Chicago?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I find it too obvious to be believable.

Why somebody Plotting an attack on another place in the US will publicly be seen taking pictures of the place they supposedly will be targeting.

Too obvious to be believable.

Perhaps it could be a scaremonger tactic to scare the American public and remind them what happen on 9/11.

Still too obvious to be believable.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Now this is being reported:

Im telling you there is something going on. The timing is right, the threats are out there. I dont understand why this is so hard to imagin for some of you.

"Al Qaeda Chatter at Pre-9-11 Levels"

New Threat: An Al Qaeda leader warned Americans and Pro-US Saudi's to leave the Kingdom or face more bloodshed in a video recording before his death. Aljazeera is reporting this news today.

Interesting also, that there were two terror threats in the news last weekend.

Basketball fans may face long lines today as they flock to watch their favorite college teams play in the March Madness basketball tournament. Last week, the FBI warned stadium owners of possible suicide attacks at sporting events:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Perhaps it could be a scaremonger tactic to scare the American public and remind them what happen on 9/11.

It seems that after 9/11 happened every warning, speech, meeting, etc has been labeled as another scaremonger tactic...

So, who do you know thats really fearing for their lives because this was in the Chicago Tribune? Do these three men taking pictures driving a rented car under a false name remind you of 9/11? I have asked around here and no one seems to think that.

Also, from what I can see on the news, television, out the window, at the mall and on the street I see no one fearing anything from this. I see no one screaming and scared out of their minds. Is it like this where you live?

Pretty poor "scaremonger tactic(s)" don't you think?

[edit on 16-3-2006 by andpau87]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by andpau87

It seems that after 9/11 happened every warning, speech, meeting, etc has been labeled as another scaremonger tactic...

Yes it has because it has been used to win approval when the government want to push agendas, keep them scare and keep them afraid it works everytime.

Now many may actually be catching up lately.

So, who do you know thats really fearing for their lives because this was in the Chicago Tribune? .

I never said that anybody is fearing for their lives, will you be kind enough to point out where I said that?

What I said is that is To obvious to be believable that three men get out of a rental car to take publicly pictures of buildings and then I will add that is sounds to Convenient that the car was a rental and with a false name.

Also, from what I can see on the news, television, out the window, at the mall and on the street I see no one fearing anything from this. I see no one screaming and scared out of their minds. Is it like this where you live?

Again where did I said that people Are fearing for their lives screaming or . . . what you said in the post. . . yeah. . . scared out of their minds.

Pretty poor "scaremonger tactic(s)" don't you think?

Hey I even agree with this one, yes poor scaremonger tactics but hey they work before to keep the people trusting and willing everything in the name of fight on terror.

Who knows I even dare to add that perhaps the reason the new developments about posible attacks by strangers taking picture is to divert the public from the biggest news right now US on another assault in Iraq, and not an isurgent to be found just civilians.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by marg6043]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Maybe they are going to do annother job, this cult, because many people are getting too close to figuring out 911.

They need a diversionary tactic now, something to make the trail of 911 run cold.

If they do a job in Chicago, then look for one more on the west coast too.

Hmmm maybe New Orleans was a job too? That would mean the east coast, the south, then the north and then on the west coast, would cover the whole USA.

Am I on to something here??

Watch this post disappear.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
I find it too obvious to be believable.

Why somebody Plotting an attack on another place in the US will publicly be seen taking pictures of the place they supposedly will be targeting.

Well gee remember what happened before the twin towers were destroyed when a couple of suspected terrorists decided to take a video camera around the twin towers not to mention even heading into the towers just to get a good look. Can't take pictures at night since you can't see crap, even if I was a terrorist I would not take such pictures a night, not to mention it is very uncommon to be taking pics at night if somebody spotted you and ask why are you taking pictures or recording at night....what is you best response? "O Im just a tourist recording the Sears tower, that questioner would think "at night?" no doubt it would bring suspicion immediately. Better to pose as a tourist or a visitor to have a recon of the target just to see how security is at daytime. As we have seen, the security let them go. Thats whats the advantage of hiding among the civilian population is because you are not wearing a uniform of any kind to pronounce that you are America's enemy.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaboy
Well gee remember what happened before the twin towers were destroyed when a couple of suspected terrorists decided to take a video

And you truly believe that they will do it againt? the first time Nobody was aware now everybody is watching. Kind of lame to be seen taking pictures.

what is you best response? "O Im just a tourist recording the Sears tower, that questioner would think "at night?" no doubt it would bring suspicion immediately.

Yes you are right but why they were allowed to leave after taking pictures after all We are living in dangerous times everybody is a suspect until prove inocent. But they were allowed to leave.

the security let them go.

Exactly they let them go, still to obvious to be believable.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dgtempe
I have a feeling on this one. The gov is desperate and staging little things like this.

Wow dg, I think you're right! Kerry and company are desperate to discredit the Bush administration aren't they?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join