It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

No Alien Abductions in the forties?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:24 AM
link   
i was wondering why you never hear of any abduction stories during the war era and just after 1947 kenneth arnold's sighting is really the first i know of story relating to ufo's and such.
that would tie in with the theory that the greys were given permission in the early fifties to start experiments and abductions which to this day stories are numerous from all parts of the globe.

Graham

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by Graham]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:28 AM
link   
also anyone any theories to why no alien craft were spotted during the fighting in ww2 you would think they would have taken an interest during that period in our history

cheers

Graham

Jay

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Don't know anything abotu abuctions pre 50's, but in WW2 ufo's were called Foo Fighters. Alot of then Army Air Cav(before the Air Force split off) pilots sighted them as shiny metal and balls of light. Here is a few links to deal with that.

ufos.about.com...

www.skiesare.demon.co.uk...

www.crystalinks.com...

Hope these help, i will try to see if i can find any abductions pre 1947.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
thanks Jay some good info in the links

Graham

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:29 PM
link   

but in WW2 ufo's were called Foo Fighters

Yep...

Also, many believe that one of the reasons for the spike in sightings and visitations in the late forties, was a result of the atomic bomb sending some kind of tell-tale signal through space/time, that man had "come of age"... Seems to fit....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Maybe the nuclear explosion actually opened some kind of a gate to other universe, in which one of the alien species lives: the greys... if you believe the theory that they are indeed from another dimension. That would explain a lot. Nuclear explosion is a disturbance in the very essence of matter, who know what kind of effect that might have... just a theory...

Jay

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Your welcome Graham, those were just a quick few from a search on mamma. As for the whole nuclear thing, i think they had been watching us for 1000's of years, and it just woke them up. Activity did seem to pick up right before the detenation, and then continued to increase well into the 90's and even till now. My two cents.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I was going more along the lines that a nuclear explosion, is simply the sign that a species was advanced enough to start taking seriously, either as a threat, or otherwise. And that it was this, that they came to "check" out. And then, found that the explosions had altered the space/time around the test areas, and subsequently caused the myriad of crashes in that short amount of time (until it was corrected, and known to the others).

Jay

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I can see that, since we don't really know all the affects of a detenation would cause. I think some of the crashes may have been caused by this, but some might be natural in cause. But i still think that over all they may have been around since the dawn of man, or early in our evolution. Makes alot of since to me that a race who is so advanced would want to be able to see how a race develops. With a myriad of reasons for this.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 04:09 PM
link   
Considering that T Townsend Brown didnt contact the USAF for any initial flight testing and experiments until 1946, this isnt surprising. Perhaps Kenneth Arnold reported one of the earliest test flights?

It is interesting to note that Project Winterhaven kicked off in 1952, and Project SilverBug (which was a coverup to Winterhaven using standard turbojet technology rather than electrokinetic technology) started in 1953 (why would you go backwards in technology if not to coverup the initial project????) which just happens to be about the time that UFO sightings really started in earnest....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
i remember reading on a site a few weeks ago that when they set off the atomic test explosions on an island (i forget the name)that ufo's were seen flying away and caught on camera i will try and find a link has anyone else seen or heard about this?

Graham

Jay

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Well the french bomb the hell out of some atols in the 50's i think. Then America did some underwater testing, near Bikini Island i think, but never heard anything of UFO's during the tests.

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Graham
i was wondering why you never hear of any abduction stories during the war era and just after 1947 kenneth arnold's sighting is really the first i know of story relating to ufo's and such.
that would tie in with the theory that the greys were given permission in the early fifties to start experiments and abductions which to this day stories are numerous from all parts of the globe.

Graham

I believe it was the nuclear bomb testing that attracted their attention to Earth.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by TheyWatchYouToo]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:47 PM
link   
As stated, UFOs/flying saucers were called "foo fighters" during WWII.

Abductions wouldn't have been an understood event until after 1947 once people recognized the notion of creatures coming to their residence to examine them against their will. Before then it would have been a ghostly or demonic event.

However, I feel that most if not all abductions are performed by the U.S. military and other government organizations to scare the populace with regards to what they have seen or have regarding evidence of real flying saucer activity.

Unlike some here, I do not think all sightings are military craft as their specifications are too sharp a technological leap to consider many as such. Abductions are a different story though.

Cattle mutiliations are similar disinformation schemes to get people to think the wrong thing regarding this subject.

[Edited on 9-10-2003 by heelstone]

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:50 PM
link   
ah nice one jay it was bikini island no photo just a brief description
"Bikini Island Site of the first test of the atomic bomb. UFOs were seen fleeing the site and before the test, the natives reported lots of problems with their animals being mutilated"

www.chez.com...

"that took pictures of the first atomic tests at Bikini Island on July 12, 1946. I have original photographs of that test, and the photos also show UFOs fleeing the bomb site at a high rate of speed. Bikini Island at the time was infested with them, especially under the water, and the natives had problems with their animals being mutilated. At that time, General MacArthur felt that the next war would be with aliens from other worlds"

members.tripod.com...

Graham

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
@heelstone,

i also believe that to be true take this case for instance

"Ufologists in the Netherlands disputed last week's
reports in the London Daily Mail and Daily Telegraph
of a UFO chase over the North Sea.
According to the reports published in both
British newspapers, the phased-array radar station at
RAF Fylingdales in North Yorkshire picked up a UFO
900 feet (273 meters) long flying over the North Sea.
RAF jet interceptors were sent after it. At the same
time, two F-16 jet fighters of the Nederlandse
Luchtmacht (Netherlands Air Force) took off in
pursuit. The F-16s reportedly encountered the UFO
over the North Sea. The mammoth triangular object
then increased its speed to 24,000 miles per hour
and headed northeast towards the Atlantic Ocean"

it was all caught on radar and everything with loads of testimonies 24,000mph amazing speed but yet they still sweep it under the carpet

www.geocities.com...

Graham

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 01:39 AM
link   
There were abductions in the 40s. I was born in the 30s, and I have been abducted all my life. ...most recently....THIS SUNDAY MORNING!

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:39 PM
link   
There are reports of strange lights and suchlike from WAY back, basically the only people who could write were Monks. There's one such written account from a monastrey which overlooked Loch Ness around the year 600.

There is also a case, during the reign of the Pharoahs, where 7 'silver discs' were seen to hover over a pyramid. This appears in heiroglyphics somewhere, I'll have to check where.

There's nothing new about UFOs, they've just become more prominently viewed. Part of this has to be blamed upon modern lifestyles. Back in the year 1057 for example, you'd get up at dawn, work your fields till dusk, then go to bed. People weren't out and about wandering around at all hours in the dark back in those days. No proper roads, no street lighting, wild animals outside your door, no reason to go out after nightfall...so if strange lights and disc were flitting around in the heavens, the only person who might see them would be the occasional isloated shepherd. These days with our 24 hour lifetsyles the opposite is true.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 06:52 PM
link   
You all sound like you know there are aliens on the Earth. Got any hard evidence? It makes me wonder why we never see any pictures of alien beings, there are tons of UFOs but I have never seen any photo evidence of ET. I think one of the reasons for so many UFO pictures is people taking pictures of a common objects and getting confused and hoaxes. It only takes one legitimate case to prove they are here though.

posted on Oct, 19 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
You all sound like you know there are aliens on the Earth. Got any hard evidence? It makes me wonder why we never see any pictures of alien beings, there are tons of UFOs but I have never seen any photo evidence of ET. I think one of the reasons for so many UFO pictures is people taking pictures of a common objects and getting confused and hoaxes. It only takes one legitimate case to prove they are here though.
I've mentioned this in several threads, but here I am again repeating it.

Please read up on the 1965 Edwards Air Force Base and 1980 Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters Air Force Base incidents. Both cases have documentation and audio declassified by the government concerning anomalous activity that even those in charge of the air force bases had no clue as to what was going on. (or so they claimed)

The October 7th 1965 Edwards AFB incident was recorded in Project Blue Book. Around 12 objects invaded the airspace of what was supposed to be one, if not the, biggest and secure base in the U.S. NASA and secret military projects were tested there. These objects were chased around the base by jets for around 5 hours and then flew off. Later, declassified materials of documents and audio tapes regarding physically real radar returns of these objects was released. The audio the public recieved was only 6 hours in length despite the air force having 40 hours of audio recorded. The audio was also in a scrambled format and has only in the last few years been descrambled to its original form. No kind of explanation was given for the events.

The 1980 Rendlesham Forest/Bentwaters AFB incident is probably more known to you. Where three well trained soldiers went out on what they first thought was a plane crash examination. What wound up happening was a UFO event that was recorded on audio and photographed. The men involved forced the government to release the three hours of audio and all of the reports. The photos have not surfaced. Some have explained this away as being a lighthouse misidentification. Its pretty hard to accept that.

Anyway, with these reports, its pretty clear that UFOs are coming here and are unknown to the air force. Does that mean they are extraterresstrial? Where are they from if they are unknown to us earth dwellers?

A few people here will say that these events were strange disinformation schemes by the U.S. to mess with the USSR to avoid them figuring out our new anti gravity technologies. To continue covering this up for over 60 years now (longer if you account for historical sightings of flying "shields") is just as odd as suggesting that some extraterrestrial force is coming here.

[Edited on 20-10-2003 by heelstone]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join