It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Diego NCAA arena evacuated on bomb scare

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Link

How often are these dogs wrong? Could something have been stored and carried in and is now gone. Notice the article does not go into much more info than the arena was evacuated. Is this a lead up to something else, such as what has been warned in late. This is the Final Four we are speaking of. All games as of right now are postponed.

[edit on 16/3/06 by JAK]

update

"Two bomb-sniffing dogs detected the package inside a condiment container near a vendor cart outside Cox Arena. A bomb robot was sent to the scene, FBI spokeswoman Jan Caldwell told The Associated Press"

abclocal.go.com...

2 dogs got the hit, not just one

[edit on 16-3-2006 by esdad71]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
www.thebostonchannel.com...

I guess the dogs were jsut hungry? They did not release specifics, but something was found. They plan to allow people in to the games this evening. Still seems strange that 2 dogs would hit it. Seems they smelt some "plastic spoons and napkins", as it was stated that this was all that was in the package. If this is true, shouldn't these dogs be retired

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by esdad71
Still seems strange that 2 dogs would hit it. Seems they smelt some "plastic spoons and napkins", as it was stated that this was all that was in the package. If this is true, shouldn't these dogs be retired

While I'm obviously glad that no explosives were found, my money is stll on the dogs. They sniffed something, which may mean we need to take a look at our training procedures, or at the materials we're training them to find.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Dogs have been wrong...

The idea that the reaction of a dog provides the police with sufficient grounds to stop and search has not yet been challenged in a British court. This is despite the questionable reliability of a dog's behaviour. Apart from scientific studies proving that dogs can get it wrong, tests have shown that in addition to responding to the tiniest of tugs on the leash by the handler, dogs can react to note-taking and facial movements in the hope of pleasing the handler by picking up the "right" answer. Even a highly trained police dog handler will be uncertain of the smell the dog is reacting to.

society.guardian.co.uk...

I believe the last so many times that a police force has found "a suspicious package," it turned out to be nothing, so my guess is, that's what it was this time too.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Could it have been trace elements? I mean, they are created to sniff out specific materials. One might make a mistake, but 2, that is pushing it. I also read that it was a small condiment container, but another spokesman mentioned something of briefcase size was found..oh well, at least we are sfae another day.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Could it have been trace elements? I mean, they are created to sniff out specific materials. One might make a mistake, but 2, that is pushing it.

That's what I was getting at, trace elements and such.

Jamuhn, you bring up some facts that never occured to me. Dogs will react to their trainer in ways we never thought of. Once again, maybe we need to refine our training techniques and materials.

new topics

top topics

join