It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Present civiliations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Just a thought but does anyone think there could be civilizations in the world today that are on islands that aren't on our maps

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:16 AM
link   
hmm i dont know because satalites should be able to pick it up but they could be islands that satalites have picked up and said they dont have anyone living on them but they do
if u get me

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:17 AM
link   
A lot of electronic activity has been detected coming from unknown locations but people put it down to electromagnetic activity in the earth, perhaps its something else

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 11:19 AM
link   
Yes, but an island in the middle of nowhere, may show on the satellite...but it won't show rather primitive natives hiding in the brush...

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Yeah they could inside a volcano on an island. Maybe when it erupts they think it is a sign. Sorry, I get carried away with sarcasm. Its possible.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I think about that # too, but I'm sure there isn't tho. Cause satellite images have been taken of the entire world map and I would assume that all land has been found. But possibly tiny ass pieces of island are not found?

Great question tho SpeedwaySave.

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
This reminds me of the stories from explorers of Sprizenburghen[?] in the Russian Arctic. They have shot reindeer with brands and markings on them, on this supposedly isolated uninhabited island. Who knows were they came from?

posted on Oct, 12 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I do certainly think that there could be unmapped civilizations on this planet. However, at this point I feel that if they are unmapped, it is due to some governmental secrecy issue.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:48 AM
link   
ever been any primitive human beings...
so if our state of technology is where it is there has to be some that are more advanced...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I dont know if half of those island could be habitable.
Many islands are covered by the ocean, and only revieled in low tide moments. Once again to be submerged. Lost islands that are habitats for primitive people are more than likely, but when has their been a recent discovery of a lost people. Let alone new lands?

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 12:55 AM
link   
is still "uncharted"...

and like i said if there is man there he is not primitive, we are...
well not me but most...

and i cannot judge the path of those weak of choice...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
I kind of doubt that this could happen in today's world. For a couple of reasons.

1) The land mass would have to be rather small.
2) How would the people have gotten to the island.
3) With a small land mass in the middle of an ocean they would run out of resources. Food/Fresh water/Building materials etc.

These are just some examples but I do not think it would be possible. I also think that it could not be impossible either though.

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Not really...

1) The land mass would have to be rather small.
A. Small is a relative term. Sure, everyone thinks satellites see all, but in order for someone to zoom the satellite, and take a picture, there must be a reason...and an island in the middle of nowhere, has no reason to be investigated....

2) How would the people have gotten to the island.
A. Boats of course. Or simply ancestors of marooned sailors, etc. There are numerous such tribes descended from maroonees...

3) With a small land mass in the middle of an ocean they would run out of resources. Food/Fresh water/Building materials etc.
A. It still rains there I'm assuming... And it doesn't take much skill to cull drinking water from sea water... Not to mention, fish, native fruits, etc. As for building material, sand, driftwood, natural fauna, etc. and likely, shipwreck debris...

posted on Oct, 13 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   
G, do you have some specific information on tribes descended from marooned sailors or abandoned slaves?
I am doing some research on this topic. The Pitcarin Islanders in the Pacific, descended from the sailors of the famous Bounty, are an example, as well as the Melungeons, believed to be remnents of Portugese military forts abandoned at the end of the 14th century. I have heard intriguing things from the NW, as well. Any info or links would be really cool!

new topics

top topics

join