It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tornados Hit Midwest... What Is Wrong With These People...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I received this in an email... it was interesting... so I'll share it with you.

watching CNN the other day and they were showing some of the tornado damage in several Midwest states. Most of the homes they showed were totally destroyed. Most of the home owners appeared to be white lower to mid class people.
Some interesting observations:
* No one was blaming President Bush for not moving them before the storm hit
* People were praising God that they were safe
* People were outside starting the clean up process themselves
* FEMA was not yet on site and no one was asking where they were
* Neighbors were helping their neighbors
* No one was rioting
* Helicopters were not being shot at
* No stores were being looted
* No one was yelling for their $2,000.00 vouchers
* The shelters were being ran with order and control

[edit on 16-3-2006 by elevatedone]

[edit on 16-3-2006 by elevatedone]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Apples and oranges.

Really it is.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Civilized people who do for themselves IS what it IS.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
A tornado has no warnings, not to the extent of a hurricane

Are you serious?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
And another thing....

These people had little or no warning... unlike the "other" disaster where people were being told for a couple of days to get out...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Most of the home owners appeared to be white lower to mid class people.

Why do you NEED to bring race in to it?

And, what part of a whole CITY is gone don't you undersatnd?

[edit on 16-3-2006 by SpittinCobra]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
First of all.... I forgot to mention that was an email that I received... not my actual story... so as far as the race thing... I didn't catch it.

Second.... yes the city might be "gone"... but for all the people who lost thier lives... it didn't have to be that way.

Look I'm not going to argue with you.... I received the email, it was interesting so I posted it....

Nuff Said... c-ya.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by elevatedone
First of all.... I forgot to mention that was an email that I received... not my actual story... so as far as the race thing... I didn't catch it.

Very convenient.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Dude, a tornado and Hurricane only have one thing in common, they spin.

A Hurricane is massive, so big you can't see the other end from the other.
Second is tornados have NO WARNING, you see a "Tornado was seen here" and if 'here' is next to you, its to late.
Third, Mid West is use to this, why it is called Tornado Alley.
Fourth, No Levees to worry about breaking, unlike a Hurricane.
Fifth, Katrina was a disaster because of the FLOODING, not the wind damage. If it had just been wind damage no big deal, but the flooding that cut you off from the rest of the world, that was a problem.
Sixth, I doubt the shelters had to deal with an entire city of people, a few dozen people maybe, but not the tens of thousands like in New Orleans.

Elevatedone, this is the saddest excuse for WHite Propaganda, !EVER! Not even hitler would have ran this propaganda, not even the KKK, not even Bush!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 11:58 AM
link   
nothing conveinent about it... you're putting your spin on it, just as I have my opinion....

I know that people choose to live in "tornado alley"... like I said... i just thought it was an interesting email....

as for anyone else who doesn't like it...

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
all that can be said is, that If you have known or do know about your local Natural Weather Patterns, an they continue to destroy your home or your people, an you dont move, or do anything to protect yourself, then You need to not complain about it, its insane to even cry about weather when we know where these things hit an happen at or around there of!

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Civilized people who do for themselves IS what it IS.

What it is is that you are bonkers, with all due respect.

What is the point you are trying to make?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:02 PM
link   

just as I have my opinion....

If the whole thing was an e-mail, Give an opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpittinCobra

just as I have my opinion....

If the whole thing was an e-mail, Give an opinion.

Okay.... I don't care if they were white, black, orange, red, purple or blue.. oh yeah... or grey even...

The people in the midwest know what can happen to them, yes they choose to live there... so when disaster strikes what do they do... immediately start blaming others or our government....

NO they start to pick up the pieces and start over...

Now, yes Katrina was by far a much larger disaster, we can't deny that, however theres a difference between acting like civilized human beings and pure animals.... thats all.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Now, yes Katrina was by far a much larger disaster, we can't deny that, however theres a difference between acting like civilized human beings and pure animals.... thats all.

You have to remember, the Midwest is fairly conservative (in the farmlands and small towns where the tornados generally strike) and don't just expect free handouts from the government.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:24 PM
link   
First off, I genuinely admire the purpose of this thread... and the point being made is an admirable one...

But not quite as on track as you think...

to those that think living in tornado alley is stupid...
"Tornado alley" is becoming a myth... the relitive frequency of tornadoes is becoming more likely ANYwhere you live...
and stragely, less likely in the alley...
(and we are also a lot less densely populated out here, a much harder target to hit)

So there is nothing insane or silly about choosing to live here... we actually are much safer than the coastal regions (hurricane/storm), the mountain regions (mudslide/avalanche), or the fault line areas for earthquakes...

so we are safer...(provided our house has real walls)

Now on to the Crux...
unfortunalty you dont hear about the looting or vandalism in tornado hit zones... But it does happen...
But looting from tornados is something that doesn't really appeal to most of the organized outfits... because stuff that comes from tornado destruction is generally damaged, and is also thrown farther from its location. (unlike flooding) So you generally get locals (maybe even a neighbor) who will come take things that can be salvaged.

We haven't had FEMA take total control in tornado areas, but in my state, they have been very involved, and when they close and area, they keep ANYBODY from it (even if they live there)... which sucks... but the other things you say are true...

rarely are guns fired (except against looters)
shelters are run well
No one shouts for checks- Until they dont have a place to sleep...
god is a biggie here, so yeah, survivors pray for thanks

It isn't quite the diffence that you/I hoped, but there is a difference...

top topics

join