It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. plans to reduce mad cow testing

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   
calsun.canoe.ca...

WASHINGTON -- Despite the confirmation of a third case of mad cow disease in the U.S., the American government intends to scale back testing for the brain-wasting disorder blamed for the deaths of more than 150 people in Europe.

The U.S. Agriculture Department boosted its surveillance after finding the first case of mad cow disease in the U.S. in 2003.

Scale back the testing? And this, after more cases are being found
here in the USA. What are these people thinking?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Why reduce testing?

I think this is important.

Any comments?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
dgt, it is important but the citizens of this country aren't.

But what is important are the meat packers, feed lots, feed grain growers, slaughter houses and the mega corp cattle companys and business as usual.

It will only become important when some muckty muck or one of their family members gets Jacob Crutzfield disease. Then watch high level investigations and a blitz on finding a cure.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Whaaa, thanks for replying.

Isnt this something? You forgot it will have to be a white person, kicking and dragging their feet, foaming at the mouth and so on.
Nothing else will do the trick.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Absurd in my opinion. Perhaps "they" want the entire U.S. to become vegetarians. Other countries are are delaying the import of US beef because of this disease.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Eden]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Uhm, aren't there more people dead from 'mad cow' than 'bird flu'?

Concidering that far more people live in close, unhygenic contact with poultry, chicken was replacing beef as the popular meat, and the death from 'mad cow' is more drawn out, expensive and horrific to die from, I just can't see 'bird flu' as anything other than a U.N./NWO tool of terror and control.

I wonder what 'class' of society gets first dibs at those few, tested safe, animals.

Remember folks, alot of people of WWII death camps were happy to avoid dying in the ghetos, by getting on those trains. Could 'meat' (there doesn't seem to be a safe one anymore) turn out to be todays 'ghetos' that drive us onto the 'trains' we call vaccination and W.H.O 'approved' foods?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I saw an interesting interview on TV with one of these cattle ranchers.

Japan wants 100% testing on each and every cow, and ranchers in the cattle business would be more than happy to comply, BUT it is illegal to test more cows than the government requires.

The guy said he would be breaking federal law and go to jail if he tried to test more cows than allowed for mad cow disease. He said it is legally forbidden to test 100% of his cows for a potential customer.

So basically this is one of those things where statistics is used to promote a falsehood of safety.

I want to find that law.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
Frankly, I can no longer understand how any educated and informed person can still believe mankind can be 'saved' without Devine intervention.

Our air, food, water and moral/ethical charactor all seem to be set on destruct.

It's illegal for me to even give my organic, free range milk and eggs to anyone for "health and safety" reasons ("they" say), yet it's illegal for caring folk to test for "health and safety".

It really seems more 'logical' to think the Devil is leading us all to the death he knows is coming his way, than that we've all just become so completely stupid, in this age of advanced science and free flow of information.

Oh and neospora from 'human grade' beef has been causing the death and abortion of dogs and puppies for long time. Though it isn't supposed to effect people, who can 'know' we aren't being lied to about that too?

What about all those 'unexplained' miscarriages. I don't want to spook or upset those who have suffered such, but there is just too much we are being flat out lied to about. Especially about deadly things being 'safe' and safe things being 'deadly'.

Yep, it's logic not my faith, that makes me see 'the devil' in all these details.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Hmm...and what about those of us who are firm in our own, non-christian faith. Are we just devil-worshipping heathens?

~MFP

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by bsl4doc
Hmm...and what about those of us who are firm in our own, non-christian faith. Are we just devil-worshipping heathens?

~MFP

Some are. You can tell them by the poison and death they knowingly spread without remorse. Like those who make it illegal to test food for deadly disease.

Oh course, that's just my opinion (which you have no respect for, so I wonder why you ask) and millions of others much older and wiser than me.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:44 PM
link   
So because I'm Jewish, I'm spreading poison and evil throughout the world? Nice. Now I understand why you brught up Hitler in the other thread.

~MFP

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Mad Cow what Mad Cow?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:59 PM
link   
Please stick to the topic at hand and cease the bickering back and forth. It adds nothing to the debate at hand.

Thanks
Fred

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:08 PM
link   

So because I'm Jewish, I'm spreading poison and evil throughout the world? Nice. Now I understand why you brught up Hitler in the other thread.

~MFP

I don't think he was referring to you. I don't know what other thread you are referring to, but I think in this thread he was referring to those who make laws that make it illegal to test food for disease or contaminants.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:14 PM
link   

~MFP

Spreading poison meat... the topic of thread... and why would I pick on my own blood, even if I knew you were Jewish.

Isn't it really, really bad at least, if not evil, to make it illegal to test for mad cow before selling the meat around the world?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
::shrug::

All I know is that in two threads now, Suzy Ryan has labeled all doctors as members of a "death cult", that we TRY to kill people, and that non-christians are also members of the "death cult". She even brought up Kali and Hitler in the same thread. Impressive, I must say.

~MFP

[edit on 3/17/2006 by bsl4doc]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 01:45 PM
link   
O.K. I was talking about mad cow and you jump in here to snipe.

What are your thoughts on this topic?

Would you feel safe eating American beef?

Do you fear mad cow in Europe, where it has killed so many?

How does your government handle testing and the like?

What country do you think has the safest beef, or do believe none is?

Oh, and I've more than a few times, on many threads, including those you've claimed to have read, stated that I don't believe ALL of ANY group, are the same, whether good or bad. It's always just the other side of the accepted norm, I ask people to concider, before forming any opinion.

We have had a number of cases of CJD in our local hospital that aren't reported to the public and I wonder if we aren't being as careless with that as the U.S. is with mad cow.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by CAPT PROTON
BUT it is illegal to test more cows than the government requires.

The guy said he would be breaking federal law and go to jail if he tried to test more cows than allowed for mad cow disease. He said it is legally forbidden to test 100% of his cows for a potential customer.
I want to find that law.

I wish you woud (or I could). I have heard this before and if it is true I can see no other reason for such a law other than they know darn well what they will find.

It does seem to go hand in had with the same philosophy as findig a new case and reducing testing further though doesn't it?

top topics

join