It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It is believed the gov. going after Vietnam war deserter's to deter any current war resisters

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Reports are that some of the people who deserted the military during the Vietnam War are being arrested now. Wasn't there some sort of Amnesty declared years ago for these men? I think I recall that happening at some point in time.

The other thing is former VP Dan Quayle, didn't he avoid the draft as well? President Clinton made sure he stayed in college to keep from going, if I recall correctly. President Bush also, reports are joined the National Guard to avoid going to Vietnam. Cheney got 5 deferments to keep from going, Rumsfeld, 3 deferments, aw the list goes on, for the complete list see the chicken hawk database.
www.nhgazette.com...

Anyway here is a report about the arrests complete with a transcript of an interview with one of the men arrested. If we have a group of men right now running our gov, who avoided going when called, why are they going after these men who have no political power to make them an example, unless they feel their own political power makes them untouchable, or they intend to make these men an example and start the draft again. My bet is the draft is making a comeback.

www.democracynow.org.../03/15/159201

Well as the U.S. invasion of Iraq approaches its third anniversary, a growing number of American troops are refusing to fight. USA Today reports that since the war began, 8,000 U.S. soldiers have deserted the military.

Now the military is doing something to try to stop the growing number of soldiers going AWOL: it is arresting and jailing men who refused to fight in the Vietnam War a generation ago

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
I have a question about the draft thing. Say for example you have a citizen who lives abroad. Say that this citizen has never actually lived in the States. What are the chances of this citizen being drafted? Assuming the draft is on.

join