It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jupiter, Saturn affect Earth Climate, Shape.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Gravitational pull from Jupiter and Saturn have the ability to drastically change the climate of the Earth and the shape of the Earth.

www.sciencedaily.com...

Might this have and additional effect of influncing volcanism on Earth? It would seem that the Earth occationally goes through periods of increased volcanism....

posted on Oct, 9 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Color me skeptical -- that's a 1997 news release, and there hasn't been any recent work on it confirming it. And I don't see later work of his indicating that he is supporting that theory any longer:
www.nserc.ca...

In fact, when I google for his name, I find other works by him but the ONLY mention of that item is in that article and in articles borrowing from it. I see other articles on the wobbly planet (www.sciencedaily.com...)

I'm wondering if it was misstated or misinterpreted by the reporter. I did a litsearch for him and found him on a 23 papers in SCIENCE but there's no mention in the abstracts of this theory. In fact, I read some of those 23 papers and found no mention of it.

He does lots and lots of glacier research, though.

I dunno. Perhaps others can look and find the original article? He sure doesn't seem to be using it in later work, which I find suspicious.

new topics

join