It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cigar Shaped UFOs

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby ...blimp were not flying our skies in the 70's not for all the sightings anyway...

In 1947 the Navy closed the last two blimp bases on the West Coast, officialy moving 6 airships to the East Coast. Dozens of others seemingly vanished. The same summer there were suddenly hundreds of sightings of silverly blimp-like objects, begining in and mostly confined to the West Coast and Desert Southwest.

In 1962 the Navy officially abandoned blimps in 1962 and closed their last base at Lakehurst, NJ. There were suddenly hundreds of sightingings of silvery blimp-like objects beginning in and mostly confined to the East Coast and MidWest.

Looks like someone wanted plasusible deniability.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
Just a thought...

A logical extrapolation is that the large cigar-shaped motherships sighted many years ago have slowly been in the process of being replaced by the upgraded, large, triangular motherships.

Edit: Jumping ahead to comment on the next post...

That's a mighty big open mind you have there.

[edit on 16-3-2006 by Paul_Richard]

Interesting point, because the lizards are rumoured to use both types of craft, the cigar shaped and the pyramid shaped. Mind you the US Military also has a triangular shaped craft of varying sizes too (gravity disrupter tech).

Some of the cigar shaped crafted that have been seen have been reported as enormous. But that is also true for the pyramid shaped craft also. It is difficult to determine distinct purposes for the shapes or styles or guage if one model is newer than the other. It is generally believed that larger craft are motherships with smaller craft being for scouting, recon, combat or even just for local usage.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Perhaps the oldest report of a Cigar Shaped or cylinders shaped UFO is the Pillar of Smoke and Pillar of Fire that led Moses and the Israelites during the Exodus. The Israelites could have been playing follow the leader with a huge UFO that gave them shade during the day and lighted their way at night even dropping food (mana) for them along the way.

The thing about UFOs if they work the way people have theorized to be able to come all the way to earth from another star (Gravity drives and such) they would produce so much thrust shape of the craft wouldn't really matter. With enough thrust you could fly a brick.

If the Pillar of Fire was really a Cigar shaped UFO that used some type of Gravity propulsion then one of the most amazing miracles in the Bible the Parting of the Red Sea wouldnt really be that miraculous. If you could manipulate gravity in theory it could be possible to do something like that.

Better still, if you are able to affect gravity or elemental forces then concepts like wind resitance etc are meaningless. In other words you could make a ufo the shape a fricking box and it could still outperform most of our best aircraft.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by rand

Originally posted by blobby ...blimp were not flying our skies in the 70's not for all the sightings anyway...

In 1947 the Navy closed the last two blimp bases on the West Coast, officialy moving 6 airships to the East Coast. Dozens of others seemingly vanished. The same summer there were suddenly hundreds of sightings of silverly blimp-like objects, begining in and mostly confined to the West Coast and Desert Southwest.

In 1962 the Navy officially abandoned blimps in 1962 and closed their last base at Lakehurst, NJ. There were suddenly hundreds of sightingings of silvery blimp-like objects beginning in and mostly confined to the East Coast and MidWest.

Interesting information. I've looked up some pictures on Wikipedia of airships and provided you're not to far away and weather permitting, you would recognise it belonging to the US Navy due to its markings. The stabilisor wings on the back of the airship are also a dead give away, not to mention the propellor engines.

BBC

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by TerraX
provided you're not to far away and weather permitting, you would recognise it belonging to the US Navy due to its markings. The stabilisor wings on the back of the airship are also a dead give away, not to mention the propellor engines.

Which is how I knew that the one I saw was just a plain ol' stupid Navy blimp. It wasn't until 20 years later I found out that the Navy wasn't supposed to be flying blimps at that time.

My research tell me this:

The absolute maximium acuity of the human eye is 3 minutes of arc -- around .05 degree -- about the same as the dot pitch on a decent monitor (.25mm seen at 24 inches), or about half the size of the period at the end of this sentence. Details any smaller that will blur together. At the range a typical blimp looks like a quarter held at arm's length, the tail planes will be all but invisible, and details of the gondola and engines will be nonexistant. That's assuming good lighting and clear air. The relatively small details of a blimp, especially as they are usually close in color and briliance to their surroundings, tend to disappear quickly.

More 'normal' aircraft, with their proportonally huge tails, wings and engine nacells, are easier to identify at the same visual coverage.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by rand]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I've never seen anything that I've thought could be a UFO but I still can't help but wonder what's really going on due to a story my mother and one of closest friends told me.
When I was just a kid, and since then I've asked her many times about this, my mom told me how when she was growing up in the San Fernando Valley, CA, back in the 50's, a neighbor was telling everyone on their block that a UFO was going to land on this certain night around such and such time in the orange grove near them. She said she, her mom and a neighbor were sitting on the porch talking and waiting, watching the skies to see if there was anything to this neighborhood rumor. There were other people on the block sitting on their porches as well. She said that it started getting late and people started going back inside their homes. Not long after that, suddenly this cigar shaped object with lights all around the midline dropped straight down out of the sky and landed in the orange grove, just like this person had claimed it would. She said they knew there was no way it was a helicopter and no planes could land like that. They got scared and went inside quick she says. That was the last they ever heard of the subject.
Another story came from one of my closest friends while he and another person were fishing near Seattle somewhere. They were leaving when they turned around to grab the tackle box and saw what wasn't there a second ago, a large UFO now covering the entire small lake that they were fishing at. They both witnessed it, turned to eachother to say WTF, turned back and it was gone. This story could be a story he made up as a kid and now thinks it's reality as far as I know, lol. But the story from my mother, I can't dismiss it.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Here's a sighting by a credible witness named Frank Halstead.

1955: Huge Cigar-Shaped UFO Seen Over Death Valley

On November 1, 1955, astronomer Frank Halstead, the director of Darling Observatory in Duluth, Minnesota, and his wife, Ann, were traveling to California aboard the Challenger, an express train of the Union Pacific Railroad.

As the train sped across Death Valley in eastern California, about 100 miles (160 kilometers) west of Las Vegas, Nevada, the couple spied a UFO. Here's the story in Frank Halstead's own words:

"My wife Ann was sitting next to the window and she called my attention to an object which she saw -- something moving just above the (Panamint) mountain range. Our train was running parallel to this range of mountains, and this thing was moving in the same direction as the train, just above the mountains."

"At first I thought the thing was a blimp -- you know, one of those cigar-shaped dirigibles... But as I watched it, I realized that it could not be a blimp -- they are only about two hundred feet long -- and this thing was gigantic. It was about eight hundred feet long. I could estimate that because it was so close to the mountain range, where trees and clumps of trees were visible for comparison."

"While Ann and I were watching this cigar-shaped thing -- for four or five minutes as it paced the train -- we noticed that another object had joined it. This second object appeared very suddenly in back of the first one -- behind it, that is."

"It was a disc-shaped thing. In fact, both objects were very shiny, we noticed. But this second one was definitely disc-shaped. If my estimate on the size of the first object was approximately correct, then this disc would have been one hundred feet in diameter -- flat on the bottom with a low dome on the top side."

"My wife and I watched the pair of them for approximately two -- maybe three -- minutes. They were moving at about the speed of the train and they seemed very close to the top of the ridge -- not more than five hundred feet above it, I should say. Then they began to rise, slowly at first, and a few seconds later, much faster. In a matter of seconds, fifteen or twenty, they had risen so high that we could no longer see them from our train window."

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by livenlearn
When I was just a kid, and since then I've asked her many times about this, my mom told me how when she was growing up in the San Fernando Valley, CA, back in the 50's, a neighbor was telling everyone on their block that a UFO was going to land on this certain night around such and such time in the orange grove near them. She said she, her mom and a neighbor were sitting on the porch talking and waiting, watching the skies to see if there was anything to this neighborhood rumor.

That is an intriging story. How did she know, and was it ever reported?

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Interesting observation. Not sure I agree with your conclusion though. That would be just what someone wants you to conclude. The question is why would someone want you to think that? Sometimes when people are doing something "bad" and then they change or stop others for some reason want to make the label stick.

[edit on 19-3-2006 by grasshopper]

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by blobby...fact is blimp were not flying our skies in the 70's not for all the sightings anyway
Not officially, anyway. And if just ONE sighting out of 10000's turns out to have been a military blimp, it means there's been a 60-year government coverup.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hal9000

Originally posted by livenlearn
When I was just a kid, and since then I've asked her many times about this, my mom told me how when she was growing up in the San Fernando Valley, CA, back in the 50's, a neighbor was telling everyone on their block that a UFO was going to land on this certain night around such and such time in the orange grove near them. She said she, her mom and a neighbor were sitting on the porch talking and waiting, watching the skies to see if there was anything to this neighborhood rumor.

That is an intriging story. How did she know, and was it ever reported?

She knew because it was a rumor amongst the neighbors on her block that this event was going to take place, per another neighbor claiming to having knowledge of it in advance.
As far as I know, nothing was ever reported. They just got scared she says and went inside. Their interest turned to fear quickly she says and that was the last they ever heard or seen anything regarding the incident.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:06 PM
link   

(edit) See what I mean about blimps?

Originally posted by Paul_Richard
So much for the theory that all cigar-shaped craft are just blimps. Especially - as Gazrok pointed out in a referenced thread - with all the high speeds and sharp turns reported that dirigibles alone simply cannot perform...

If you really studied the phenomena you'd already know that reports of the velocity of an unknown aerial objects are subject to wild misjudgement. To date no one has ever presented credible evidence that those high speeds and sharp turns actually happened as the witnesses say. There's just nothing to back them up. I know, I know, you'll use the radar word next, but the same goes for radar sightings: noone has ever presented a provable multi-mach sighting (well, except for the odd meteor).

What are you talking about no crediable evidence Watch the Full Disclosure project video. There peopel on there that worked for mexican intelligence military and Norad Radar Watches etc that have seen these objects moving at over 1000 mph? and turning and stopping on a dime.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

I was about 10 and living near venezuela ,i and my siblings and mother were watching a red fully illuminated cigar shaped ufo,those SOBs I know they were looking down at me and laughing thinking we have him where we want him or where he should be ,Perhaps at one time i kicked there asses up in their heaven.Yes they are "intelligent" dogs up there still looking down at this man they had put to live in a shack with poor parents.
i am serious about this ,they know i know,and most govts,know also they exist.I still don't believe they sent me down here to while they are sitting on their high and mighty asses up there.

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Hi,I already replied as anonymous,but let me say again it was about 40 years ago,when i saw this ufo living near South America ,and it was not a blimp and the whole bloody thing was red about the size of a football field hovering above our house .now the question would be why were they observing me for about 10 to 15 minutes,in my little 1 bedroom shack.i said i was about 10 but i could have been 8 also.But my recollection is as vivid as it is now even though i was a child.Now i live in North America i have not seen them since.i think they are keeping a low profile around me or under the radar SOds!

posted on Jul, 15 2008 @ 01:53 AM
link   
I recently saw some kind of cigar shaped craft. I posted about it here, but it didn't get much interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On thing really interesting that I uncovered was that all the major UFOs that we see even today, all of them were painted and spotted by hundreds if not thousands of people in the battle of Nurmberg, all the way back in in 1561! Take a look:

ufologie.net...

Black triangle/delta craft, spheres/discs, and cylinder/cigar type UFOs.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Zuretal]

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BBC

The submarine UFO.
Water tight up to high pressure.
Air tight integrity easily tested.

Looks like a central lifting engine.
Directional devices should be fore and aft.

posted on Aug, 2 2008 @ 07:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zuretal
I recently saw some kind of cigar shaped craft. I posted about it here, but it didn't get much interest.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

On thing really interesting that I uncovered was that all the major UFOs that we see even today, all of them were painted and spotted by hundreds if not thousands of people in the battle of Nurmberg, all the way back in in 1561! Take a look:

ufologie.net...

Black triangle/delta craft, spheres/discs, and cylinder/cigar type UFOs.

[edit on 15-7-2008 by Zuretal]

From that thread:

gigantic cigar shaped UFO (non English report)
www.youtube.com...

That was in Colorado, home of Tesla coil experiments, and
I have the German designation somewhere.

I call it Hitler's Super Zeppelin.

ED: Graf Zeppelin LZ-137

[edit on 8/2/2008 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on May, 8 2023 @ 06:33 PM
link   
a reply to: BBC

Regards to your question I believe they belong to a reptilian race apparently the cloaking device fails occasionally. I don't know if youve heard of the interview with a female of there race. We are the fifth race of humans engineered apparently others before us were irradicated these are her words. They live below ground and no longer get involved. They can pass themselves off as us making us see them as human. This interview was carried out by one guy in the desert somewhere find it if you can it's an interesting read for sure and goes into great detail

posted on May, 9 2023 @ 07:01 AM
link   
For a very specific sub-category of this type -- dark large long craft with lights on them, at night -- some of the most famous cases seem to involve a very common misperceptional process of observing fireball swarms, either from natural bolides or more recently from documented satellite reentries. It's kind of scary how similar the witness descriptions of those events parallels those from earlier 'classic' cases.

Witness Reactions to Fireball Swarms from Satellite Reentries.
www.jamesoberg.com...
satobs.org...

"Giant motherships" of misperception:
www.jamesoberg.com...

web.archive.org...://jamesoberg.com/ufo/fireball.pdf

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join