It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: PM Harper goes to Afghanistan.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Love him or hate him, this is a smart political move.

www.torontosun.com...

Support for the troops? Who sent them in the first place? Wink, wink, nudge, nudge.

I personally don't like/trust Harper BUT this move really speaks to me.

Is he serious or just making the best of a situation he inhertited from the Liberals?

WOW, that's a lot of questions.

posted on Sep, 29 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
He could use some better press of late. Susan Buckler et al don't seem to have positioned him as well in the public eye as one might have thought recently. I like "some" aspects of this leader over the previous regime.

This move is a "natural" and follows other visits nicely. The timing is good and as Afgani heads into winter and we head to a possible election it may be the only hole available in the itinerary for such a bolstering of support.

It would be my preference he were there solely for the troops... no media or light media coverage but I suspect not. I hope I'm wrong... I want him to spend time with the enlisted... converse and learn what it means to be in their position. Our servicepeople need all the genuine support and understanding that can be offered and will continue in this need for the forseeable future. We owe them large.

I hope Prime Minister Harper does well.

Victor K.

new topics

join