It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Noah's Ark vs. Ark of the Covenant

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Not sure if this would be considered a conspiracy so if not please move to an appropriate forum.

Anyway, Why in the bible are both objects called arks? This might be a stupid question. I just find it wierd that a boat/ship would be called an Ark and also a solid gold container would be called an Ark.

Is there a definition of Ark that states it is a container? This would include a ship.

All dictionary.com says is that it is a ship of some sorts or a shelter (plus all the biblical definitions) I guess that the Ark of the Covenant could be...a ship to house the ten comandments or a shelter?

dictionary.reference.com...

Thanks for the info.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I believe the Bible is quite specific about what the Ark of the Covenant looks like, much like an Egyptian Ark:

en.wikipedia.org...

The word 'Ark' is adopted from Egyptian I believe.

Since Noah's Ark is described as a vessel/boat, it would seem that they are two separate things entirely, and the Ark of the Covenant is not a ship/boat or shelter.

Hopefully someone can give a more thorough answer.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Ive made a reference to the Ark in my thread www.abovetopsecret.com... You might learn something interesting. Ask me any question in my thread Im here to spread word. PEACE to the earth, moon, and stars.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 05:09 PM
link   
The word Ark in the Greek=Tay-baw,which mean (Box) -ark ........have fun!

top topics

join