It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Okay kids...here it is...THE questions from THE test!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:16 PM
link   
The truely funny thing about this is that it takes so many kids more than one attempt to pass this unfunny test. And we wonder why so many of our supposedly best and brightest students need to be tutored in basic math and english when they reach college level.

Educating to the level of the slowest child does not work. Oh, that childs self-esteem is certainly helped, but what about that bored out of his/her mind Einstein going stircrazy in the front row? Is it any wonder so many parents are pulling their children out of public schools, and either home schooling, or putting them in private schools? I think not.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 01:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
Oh, that childs self-esteem is certainly helped, but what about that bored out of his/her mind Einstein going stircrazy in the front row?

That Einstein gets diagnoised with ADD and is given lots of pills. Thats our solution.

posted on Mar, 20 2006 @ 05:24 AM
link   
Yeah, that does seem to be the solution doesn't it. Instead of challenging the smart kid with more advanced ciriculum, let's just drug him instead, that'll make the teachers life so much easier. Perish the thought that we might want them to actually teach!!

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 01:28 AM
link   
It does make you wonder where the next generation of teachers will come from. I mean, if YOU were a teacher, and your kids (or grandkids) wanted to follow in your footsteps, but were having trouble with THIS test...wouldn't you get !@#$%^ off??

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank goodness my kids are going to be geniuses by this standard. All of this emotional partonizing to make sure that Little Johnny Boo-Hoo doesn't have low self esteem...what will happen when reality smacks him in the face and he realizes he can't get a job that pays more than minimum wage?

posted on Mar, 21 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I have to admit, sometimes the education standards are blown out of proportion. I will admit that the education standards are not particularly great, but they are not this bad (as many of you are now making them to be). If a student feels unmotivated, they need to motivate themselves. People talk about the Einstein-geniuses, well Einstein himself was very motivated and well ahead in terms of mathematical skills compared to the rest of his classes. He did not sit by idle and whine about education standards (at least this is known through historical documents).

Besides, look who is in charge of my generations education: the generation ahead of me! Ahhhh! I am glad I am now out of highschool.

posted on Mar, 22 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
What I'd really like, is for one of our members to let this info slip into the hands of their eighth-graders, and then see what they think! Maybe they'd get a kick out of it, and put a lot of fears to rest as well.

And it's not cheating if it's posted on a Dept. of Ed. website....I think...

[edit on 22-3-2006 by Toelint]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join