It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

mass appeal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin
I feel it is important that we don't call upon any specific figure like Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed etc since peoplel may all have different beliefs and may not feel comfortable praying to another God.

If that's the case, you're on your own friends. I'm not comfortable praying just to pray or to any non-specific entity that cares to respond. As I've said, been there done that, don't wanna do it again.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by saint4God]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:58 PM
link   
i'll do it, but I can't promise that I won't throw a few choice mentionings of Cthulhu into the incantation.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
rofl...

Human: let's do a group prayer to help people
Chaote: I'll join in, but can Cthulu come?
human: (unaware who and what Cthulu is) Sure, the more the merrier. It'll pack some punch into getting heard by the greater forces
Chaote: ...

*the praying begins*
*Cthulu shows up and muderlizes everyone in the most gruesome ways*

Human: RUN for your lives!!! *heads get chopped off*
Chaote: Where did I put my sword? ... AARRGHH ...
2nd chaote: In the name of J...Jh...where did I put that damn book with banishings. *looks around for the book and doesn't see Cthulu come after him*

sorry I couldn't resist

[edit on 17-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Though your post was for satire, on this rare occasion I could not agree with you more Enyalius.

[edit on 17-3-2006 by saint4God]

mod edit: removed quote of previous post

[edit on 18-3-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Im in! Time zone could be tricky but I'll figure it out - will be with you on this with bells on

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by sanse_nz
Im in! Time zone could be tricky but I'll figure it out - will be with you on this with bells on

Would you be with us if we decided that the prayer would be directed to God?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Of course, saint4god, but Im a believer in the fact that ANY good vibrational energy we can create has to be good, whether directed to god or "good" in essence/energy, I do not mind. Its all in how other people believe and I won't expect anyone to direct their vibrations to something they may not believe in.

As long as our energies are for the good, then what does it really matter?
I would hate to see this fantastic and positive idea turned into a slinging match about religion though. Lets focus on the fact that its good people wanting to do something good for the overall aye?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Of course, saint4god, but Im a believer in the fact that ANY good vibrational energy we can create has to be good, whether directed to god or "good" in essence/energy, I do not mind. Its all in how other people believe and I won't expect anyone to direct their vibrations to something they may not believe in.

I question the motivation behind why this is being done. So that we call can say, "Hooray! We did good!" or to make us feel better about ourselves? To make wishes to get the things we want? Who then are we worshipping?

I would hate to see this fantastic and positive idea turned into a slinging match about religion though. Lets focus on the fact that its good people wanting to do something good for the overall aye?

The assumption here is that any of us could possibly do good without God. As Jesus said, "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone." If Jesus says that even he is not good, then who are these good people you speak of?

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Im in,

As long as at the end of the prayer you all wish for me to have some divine intervention of willpower to quit smoking

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Its to bad we didnt had have a chat session we could log into so we would know who was ther etc. I saw someone saw 22nd. Anyone around sunday?

By the way obvious we are praying to a higher power ie GOD how else is there. Whatsthe debate? I imagine we don't even nee to be specific just do it with positive feelings outwards. I figure the few of us that are deducaed can reakkt make progress.

As far as the person asking why? Well Why not. Its work,passion love doing this no glory or reward well maybe longterm but you get my point.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   
Ok, there are so many posts I really don't want to read them all, so sorry if someone already asked this.

As for the first post, whats wrong with scientists?
We never did anything to you.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by saint4God

I question the motivation behind why this is being done. So that we call can say, "Hooray! We did good!" or to make us feel better about ourselves? To make wishes to get the things we want? Who then are we worshipping?

The assumption here is that any of us could possibly do good without God. As Jesus said, "Why do you call me good?" Jesus answered. "No one is good—except God alone." If Jesus says that even he is not good, then who are these good people you speak of?

Perhaps, saint4god, just perhaps - the motivation is because these people that want to take part in this 'good thing' are just simply good people, with good hearts. Did you ever think of that? Why does everything have to have a motive to you?
Some people, just want to help this world, for no reason except to try......goodness knows the world is falling into some form of decline. Why not try mass positive energy thoughts? Why does it have to be a prayer as such? It doesn't, you seem to have made the conclusion that it does.

As for your quotes from scripture......look, its this simple: If you don't want to take part, don't. Making this a religious based tirade of scripture based opinion is turning this good simple idea into a religious argument of sorts.
Please, if you're not interested in doing something without your idea God's approval, its simple, don't do it. There is no need to fill this thread with religious debate, ok? I'm not knocking what you believe in, honestly, but if you can't accept that other people believe in an approach that differs from yours, simply let it go and leave this thread to build positive feeling, not negative.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 02:53 AM
link   
I have no problem praying to God. I mean, even if you're a Wiccan or any other religion, most likely you still believe in a God of some sort.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:01 AM
link   
When chanting/praying/performing the ritual. Instead of directing it to a named god just aim at at "My creator". Doing so you have a neutral thingy which is applicable for everyone whether you believe in satan, god, gaia, pan, odin, horus whatever

second...you know that you don't really stand a chance against those millions of people that unconciously thwart your efforst right? all those people are unknowingly putting constant energy into the destruction of the world. breaking through such an blockade/wall won't be easy. Just so you know and will keep this equation into your plans.

Best chance you have is to create one massive ball with all the intentions you're planning to unleash. then dump this "ball" on 1 specific location on the planet and hope for a chain reaction. If you spread the little energies you all have combined across the entire planet...well, little to nothing will happen.

[edit on 18-3-2006 by Enyalius]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Who should we ask upon? "Any spiritual beings of light and peace"? I feel it is important that we don't call upon any specific figure like Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed etc since peoplel may all have different beliefs and may not feel comfortable praying to another God.

Congratulations.....you already hit the snag that human kind has been hung up and divided on for 2,000 years...and it only took 1 page to get there.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:07 AM
link   
i don't know about all this "god" business; i have a feeling you'd be better off calling him Yahweh (or whatever more specific holy name you prefer) for the purposes of your various Christian invocations. i've never met the guy, but word has it he takes himself pretty seriously...

and besides, i'm sure there are a lot of thoughtforms out there that would just love to be addressed as the ever-so-ambiguous "god".

[edit on 18-3-2006 by The Parallelogram]

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

Who should we ask upon? "Any spiritual beings of light and peace"? I feel it is important that we don't call upon any specific figure like Jesus, Buddha, Mohammed etc since peoplel may all have different beliefs and may not feel comfortable praying to another God.

Congratulations.....you already hit the snag that human kind has been hung up and divided on for 2,000 years...and it only took 1 page to get there.

Unfortunately, BlackOps, you're right. It is blatantly obvious isn't it.
Very sad indeed that the various specimens of mankind can't even put religion aside for one simple idea.

A sad day.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719

it took one man to invent the light bulb?...
look how many there are now?,
do you understand?.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 08:28 AM
link   
I'm in, but I will be praying according to my beliefs. The subject matter will be the same, though.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Pick a date! tomorow? not tonight!

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join