It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Satellite Photos of the Suspected Ark

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Quite a facinating article about this subject and the potential size is pretty amazing. Possibly bigger than the Titanic or the Bismark, the question they are now asking is would a boat/ship that size of wood actually float?

Images taken by aircraft, intelligence-gathering satellites and commercial remote-sensing spacecraft are fueling an intensive study of the intriguing oddity. But whether the anomaly is some geological quirk of nature, playful shadows, a human-made structure of some sort, or simply nothing at all remains to be seen.

Whatever it is, the anomaly of interest rests at 15,300 feet (4,663 meters) on the northwest corner of Mount Ararat, and is nearly submerged in glacial ice. It would be easy to call it merely a strange rock formation.

CNN.com Story

"I'm calling this my satellite archeology project," Taylor said. It's an effort that has now included use of QuickBird, GeoEye's Ikonos spacecraft, Canada's Radarsat 1, as well as declassified aerial and satellite images taken by the various U.S. intelligence agencies.

I feel if there was an Ark, then it was really a localized flood or tsunami that was attributed to God. That is the only possible way to hold "all" the animals in my mind. A region of them yes, a planet of them no.

I'm pretty sure there is no evidence of a world-wide flood, but plenty of cases of regional flooding.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
That "ark" looks more like a battleship. IMHO, I don't think God had Noah build a battleship.

It's just a snow formation with shadows. Just like one can look at clouds and see bunnies and doggies and such.....

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:09 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Already been discussed.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:22 PM
link   
It seems something weird is on Mount Ararat. The Military has kept files on this "Ararat Anomaly " for decades. They have yet to release any photos close to the reported 6 inch resolution these military satellites are capable of. The best commerical satellites only has about a half meter resolution I think.

I tend to agree with ZeddicusZulZorander on the flood as recorded in the Bible likely being a local flood rather then a global one. Peoples concept of the whole world aint exactly what it is today.

There were some world-wide floods at the end of the Ice ages but they didnt come close to covering the earth. They would have done a job on any costal cities though. But if it was found at 15,300 feet
that would be freaky the Ice age flood I mentioned only rasied sea levels about 300 feet.

Even if they found the Ark at a much lower level it would suggest Noah or who ever built it had some advanced warning of this flood.

That would raise some interesting questions in its self.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:52 PM
link   
BAD SUPERMODERATOR!!!!

Thread covered:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

This must've struck a lot of people's interests, because there are actually three threads about this same cnn article!

new topics

top topics

join