Who should not take green tea?
• Do not use green tea without first talking to your doctor if you have
· heart problems or high blood pressure,
· kidney disease,
· an overactive thyroid (hyperthyroidism),
· an anxiety or nervous disorder, or
· a bleeding or blood clotting disorder or if you take a blood thinner such as warfarin (Coumadin).
• Green tea contains a large amount of caffeine and may be problematic if used by people with any of the conditions listed above. You may not be able to use green tea, or your doctor or health care provider may recommend a lower dose or special monitoring.
• Before taking green tea, talk to your doctor, pharmacist, or health care professional if you have allergies (especially to plants), have any medical condition, or if you take other medicines or other herbal/ health supplements. Green tea may not be recommended in some situations.
Here is a good guide to recomendations for herbal useages.
[edit on 15-3-2006 by Rouschkateer]