It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of threatening emails regarding Serpo has been discovered to be Netchicken

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02

Originally posted by John bull 1

Please tell us all who your two co-investigators were and who furnished you with this information.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by John bull 1]

No one furnished me with information - the three of us went through the steps outlined in the report. If you follow the report line by line, you can look up everything yourself - it's all public information (except for the sharpmail info). If you'd like the actual emails from sharpmail, I'd be happy to email them to you. Just U2U me your email address.

As far as the other guys, they are reading this I'm sure and they can share their identities if they wish. As you can see from the attacks above, it's pretty obvious why they wanted to just stay in the back.

As I said, U2U me your email and I'll send you everything I've got.

Take care,
-Ry

[edit on 15-3-2006 by rdube02]

It's a very simple question.

Who are your two co-investigators ?

Ever thought you are an innocent front and that you've been led to a conclusion ?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Before you go rdube02 may I ask what exactly was your intention in posting this thread?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   

The stupid capped header at the top of the report was added by someone else, probably should have chopped that off. I never called him a founding member inside the report itself - I actually pointed out that inside ATS his status is only "member".

Anyway, I'm not about to argue semantics or law with a lawyer. I'm not about to apologize for making public the source of both hoaxed emails.

I do however apologize for the pain it causes a lot of members who were friends with the guy - as Springer described in detail above... It really is sad that someone would have done this not only to ATS but to S.O. and Springer.

I wasn't friends with Netchicken, but dude... you do OWE me an apology, as well as every other member of ATS...

describing netchicken as a former friend and ex mod is not the same as what you said... we all read it!
dont lie Mr "honesty best policy"

You put him in the office of the owner... and you were DEAD WRONG!
(especially regarding member #2 status, which you assumed, and what does that do?)

Excellent work on what you revealed, but to truly be an investigative reporter... you have to play by the rules, or pay by the pound...
I hope your next analysis or investigation leaves room to discover the truth, instead of presenting a falsehood with half truths, that have to be retracted to death...
the original "true" punch holds better pain, even without the shock value..

as you said... truth is truth, no matter what... so you didnt' need the assumptions to make your case... it just made it juicier for those that would want to beleive a further coverup...

also... any reporter knows... before the stinker hits the press, you HAVE to ask the target of the report for a comment... (spokesperson could not be reached for comment- sound familiar)
you didn't, and at that point, you should have had the confidence to do so, according to your own evidence.

BTW: reporters also know to keep notes in case of a libel or slander suit... otherwise you can go to jail for contempt, when they are asked for.

and regarding your efforts to straigten this out with Victor
Do you really feel that is enough?
seriously?
All this garbage of lies and assumptions is YOUR FAULT, simply because you didn't verify your source, or verify anything really.. or check with the very cool level headed SO first...

and your buddies have got no guts at all, let them come out and assure us of there regret...

[edit on 15-3-2006 by LazarusTheLong]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Ever thought you are an innocent front and that you've been led to a conclusion ?

Well, now that is interesting....

rdube02: You don't need to publicly disclose who they are, but I do think you have an obligation to consider that question.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I wasn't friends with Netchicken, but dude... you do OWE me an apology, as well as every other member of ATS...

describing netchicken as a former friend and ex mod is not the same as what you said... we all read it!

You put him in the office of the owner... and you were DEAD WRONG!
(especially regarding member #2 status, which you assumed, and what does that do?)

Umm... wow!

I am not friends with rdube02, but I could have made some of the same mistakes that he did. I would be more hesitant to post the information that he was, but as for his view on not knowing SO and whether SO would vigorously defend NC's actions, I would have been in a similar boat to him. On the boards that I frequent besides this one, the first 5-10 people that register after the owner are usually close friends that help set up the board. On most boards, I find that questioning the motives or actions of "close friends" is not a good thing to do.

Am I saying that I think SO would not do the right thing in dealing with a close friend? I don't know. I don't know SO personally. From what I have seen in my time here, yes, he would do the right thing and take appropriate action.

Do I expect SO to U2U me for a meet and greet? Heck no. He's on to other, better things than searching out someone like me that has lurked for several months and only recently joined.

Does he deserve a warning over this? Yes.

Does he deserve to be burned at the stake? Not like this.

Just my opinion.

JDub

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
I do, however, think some of you are being too hard on rdube02...

2 things.
1, you said hard on ;-) 2, I agree with your statement.

I had to go back and re-read the thread to figure out exactly where everyone got so upset at rdube02, and it seems it wasn't until after everyone saw the message Victor sent to his list that rdube02 began taking his lumps. Before that it was pretty casual, "Oh yeah, that guy was prankster, he was fired, etc..." and that was good enough for me, at least.

rdube02 certainly could have been more tactful in the presentation, but the information is still valuable despite the unfortunate "intro". Yes, he deserves some punches and kicks, and he's certainly getting them, yet he's remaining a good sport which says a lot about his character to me. Chin up dude!

VICTOR on the other hand, in my opinion, owes us a BIG apology, a written retraction, the whole sha-bang. What a ****** to write that crap! To me, he's got some explaining to do.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by tjackVICTOR on the other hand, in my opinion, owes us a BIG apology, a written retraction, the whole sha-bang. What a ****** to write that crap! To me, he's got some explaining to do.

That is being persued.

Thanks for the public retraction Rdube.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   

It's a very simple question.

Who are your two co-investigators ?

Indeed it is with a very simple answer. U2U me with your email address and I'll tell you. I'm not about to make their names public when I promised I wouldn't. They haven't done anything wrong, neither have I.

If you actually read the report and do each step yourself - YOU'LL be led to the same conclusion. I don't allow people to lead me.

-rdube02

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
Before you go rdube02 may I ask what exactly was your intention in posting this thread?

Of course. My exact intention was to let everyone know who the person was who had hoaxed this email and attempted to spread it throughout the entire internet. I don't like liars. It's that simple.

-rdube02

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   
I met out equal justice...
he has received acclaim, and kudos from me as well...

But as i said...
if he is going to pose as a professional investigative reporter, then he will have to pay by the pound as he gets his reward...

I dont say that to critisize, but to be fair...
his deal is truth, my deal is fair... capeche?

IMO (if he wants to keep his rep) He does owe an apology to all members of this board... he has essentially said "there is something smelly there" and proceeded to drop a load in our living room... when in reality... all it was to begin with, was little embarrassing passing of gas...
but now we have to deal with his big pile of Sh*t in our livingroom, and it stinks.. and will continue to stink far after his stink producing butt has left...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   
LazarusTheLong:

I disagree.... I think after seeing your post, the drama now comes from an entirely different source...

No one owes anyone an apology....except perhaps this Victor guy...and of course, NETCHICKEN.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by loam]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes and he was a friend and an ex mod. As S.O. said:

It really is sad to see a former staff member (and friend) revert to this.

What I absolutely admit to ASSUMING is that he was a founding member. His UID was 2 and many people here at ATS recognize him as a longstanding member.

All this garbage of lies and assumptions is YOUR FAULT, simply because you didn't verify your source, or verify anything really.. or check with the very cool level headed SO first...

and your buddies have got no guts at all, let them come out and assure us of there regret...

I verified everything in that report - and you can verify it yourself if you want to take the time to do it, anyone can. The purpose of the report was the expose a hoaxter and that's what it did.

-Ry

link   

LazarusTheLong:

I disagree.... I think after seeing your post, the drama now comes from an entirely different source...

No one owes anyone an apology....except perhaps this Victor guy...and of course, NETCHICKEN.

Who do you think fed and watered that monster...
do you blame the dog, or the master?

link   

No one owes anyone an apology....except perhaps this Victor guy.

I sent this to Victor's UFO list:

Victor, is there going to be an apology from you for your unfounded sensationalism?

"UFO COMMUNITY BREAKING NEWS BOMBSHELL! FULL-FIELD INVESTIGATION OF THE
IMMENSELY POPULAR 'ABOVE TOP SECRET' ONLINE FORUM ALLEGES THAT ATS
KNOWINGLY, PURPOSELY, WILLFULLY AND WITH MALICE AFORETHOUGHT STAGED,
FAKED AND HOAXED E-MAILS IN ORDER TO BOOST THEIR ONLINE RATINGS AND
"HITS!'"

Really now. Your words that you sent to your list are completely false.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   

I verified everything in that report - and you can verify it yourself if you want to take the time to do it, anyone can. The purpose of the report was the expose a hoaxter and that's what it did.

-Ry

But... and this is where I again compliment you (great effort, and result)
BUT... if you would have checked with SO (or your target) first (as every other pro does)
then you wouldn't be taking hits, and
(excuse my colorful analogy) we wouldn't have this stink in our living room... gas goes away man... but this stuff sets...
give us some spot remover or something...
it reeks in here...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I think MrTipsy is one of the "investigators".

Later
Sporty

[edit on 15/3/2006 by SportyMB]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:15 PM
link   
The fact that I sign many of my posts with "NC" is a complete coincidence. I am a separate entity and do not wish to be confused with any other poster using "NC" as an identifying phrase.

I am in Central Missouri, US.

Forgive me, but sometimes I may post irreverent, stupid, or smart-ass comments. This is not one of them.

NC (Not Netchicken and not in New Zealand)

[edit on 15-3-2006 by NotClever]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Who do you think fed and watered that monster...
do you blame the dog, or the master?

I'm not sure which players you think are the monster, dog and master...

What I see is a member making an HONEST effort, without agenda against ATS, to expose the truth behind the source of the emails. Plain and simple.

Springer and SO have effectively responded, and rdube02 has acknowledged the sufficiency of their responses. Moreover, all is plainly before the membership to draw their own conclusions.

I believe the most reasonable will see this for what it is....NETCHICKEN acted, for whatever reason, alone to perpetrate a HOAX against this site and Victor. THAT HAS NOW BEEN EXPOSED.

And Victor should recognize this for what it was as well.

XL5

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I personally feel that if NC was a mod as ATS was growing, then yes, he WAS a founder. I personally wonder what NC's true feelings are about ATS that lead him to do these types of things in the past.

I think long time members/contributor (of drama/jokes) like NC are to be held accountable just as Bush should be after something like this. You would want Bushes wrong doings to be made public, right? It should be open to the public for the public to judge, not just swept away, it will at least show wannabe mods what its truly like to have power.

NC should have been banned after the first falling out and had the issue be made public or at least in RATS so no one had a reason to have suspicions.

As for the issuses of trust, I and probably others have, are the little things. Like linking the word $erpo to a site that is seen as an official $erpo site claiming the whole thing is a hoax and to my supprise, the filter on B.R.'s name. Now, no new member can disscus serpo without seeming to contradict them selves. Seems sneaky.

Its the little things that make members paranoid. The best thing to do in those cases is to disclose it all.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
I personally feel that if NC was a mod as ATS was growing, then yes, he WAS a founder.

XL5, ATS is growing now....are all the MODS founders?

Later
Sporty

[edit on 15/3/2006 by SportyMB]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join