It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Source of threatening emails regarding Serpo has been discovered to be Netchicken

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It is really sad to see the "on off" user Netchicken (also user #2) and long time member saying anything like was said in those e-mails...

Dumb, and stupid, and in this case... suspicious...

I remember seeing his posts FOREVER... and true, they are often useless jokes or pranks... but in this case, his long standing position, and the tolerance of him up to now have brought a reak to ATS that can only be gotten rid off, by FULL DISCLOSURE...

Why would he do this, and why are the admins so soon to accept that it was him? ...
was this an elephant hunt guys?
did you have a concern that it might have been him?
did he fess?

And where is the tar and feathers?
he has tainted us all.

I suppose everyone can make mistakes, but I have always felt (incorrectly apparently) that ATS was above the "ploys and toys" such as board wars, and coverups...

That was the bad,
But here is the GOOD news
1. you all have been open about this... and that goes far in trust...
2. the admins have kicked the netchicken on his patootie... and resolved perhaps a worse issue that might have arisen down the line with that members pranks.

3. Netchicken is obviously from NZ, so the chance of him being CIA or other is down to .0000000000000001
4. by connection, and years of familiarity, it also brings the chance down of ATS being connected purposefully to the same.
so have heart, and rejoice...

5. the chicken in the fox house if dead... (but will he reappear as a new user?)
I suggest that this thread originator keep tabs on that... and get back to us...
6. fact that this thread is still here is further proof, that the admins have delt with the matter in good faith
respect

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by LazarusTheLong
I suppose everyone can make mistakes, but I have always felt (incorrectly apparently) that ATS was above the "ploys and toys" such as board wars, and coverups...

After reading further, I know that I had orginally taken that out of context... But ATS IS above that crap. We stick together like that, but we only falter when one person, such as NC did, goes away from our team.

5. the chicken in the fox house if dead... (but will he reappear as a new user?)

You mean the fox in the hen house?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   

It is really sad to see the "on off" user Netchicken (also user #2) and long time member saying anything like was said in those e-mails...

I'd like to be able to say I'm surprised.
I can say I'm hurt... disappointed... angry... betrayed... but I suppose not surprised.

His pranks in the past have been a direct cause of disgruntled members stalking me and my family offline. We had a serious falling out back then, and it never really improved much.

Why would he do this, and why are the admins so soon to accept that it was him? ...

He has a history of pranking... and the IP's are a direct match.

was this an elephant hunt guys?

I had no idea an investigation was under way, and also had no advance knowledge of this post. It has caused increased drama for us through an overly sensationalized message on Victor's list.

And where is the tar and feathers?
he has tainted us all.

Have you seen any of his posts lately?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
Why did Victor send this out to his list before checking with us?

Subject: HOAX! ATS Hoaxed E-mails to Bill Ryan to Feed Frenzy and Boost Ratings

– UFO COMMUNITY ROCKED BY SIN, SLEAZE AND SCANDAL! –

– – – "OH MY GOD!" – – –

UFO COMMUNITY BREAKING NEWS BOMBSHELL! FULL-FIELD INVESTIGATION OF THE
IMMENSELY POPULAR 'ABOVE TOP SECRET' ONLINE FORUM ALLEGES THAT ATS
KNOWINGLY, PURPOSELY, WILLFULLY AND WITH MALICE AFORETHOUGHT STAGED,
FAKED AND HOAXED E-MAILS IN ORDER TO BOOST THEIR ONLINE RATINGS AND
"HITS!'

SPIN: "TO CREATE AND FEED THE DRAMA BETWEEN ATS AND "Project SERPO"
OFFICIAL SPOKESPERSON BILL RYAN! TO CREATE A TIDAL WAVE OF SENSATIONAL
AND IRRATIONAL HATE TOWARD BILL RYAN FROM FROM COAST TO COAST, BORDER TO
BORDER!

COULD THESE ALLEGATIONS BE TRUE FROM AN INSIDER?! HOW WILL ATS RESPOND
TO THESE SHOCKING CHARGES WHICH IT NOW FACES AND THE POTENTIAL
IRREPARABLE HARM TO ITS REPUTATION WITHIN THE ONLINE COMMUNITY?!

READ THE SHOCKING BLOW-BY-BLOW, RIVETING DETAILS AS LAID OUT IN THE
ATTACHED COMPOSITE E-MAIL!

Yeah, I'd like to chime in on this one.

Terribly bad move, Victor. Shamefully bad karma, Victor. And the only thing irreparable at this point is the trust lost over such a moronic move as this.

Victor - I hope some one clues you in that a website that gets 1.5 million unique visitors a month doesn't need the "attention" of a petty hoax like Serpo which has done nothing but inflate the number of people who (at least in my case) are now being spammed by your email list even though we never asked to be added. Oh wait! It did do one more thing - leave a permanent scar on the serious ufology community.

Congratulations. As you've said several times...it's all just

E-N-T-E-R-T-A-I-N-M-E-N-T

your email and the causal lack of judgment on your part just became the biggest joke of all.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:09 PM
link   

– UFO COMMUNITY ROCKED BY SIN, SLEAZE AND SCANDAL! –

– – – "OH MY GOD!" – – –

Having been an observer to the non-stop parade of incestuous family feuds that play-out on Victor's list, I have to strongly object to Victor's characterization that sin, sleaze, or scandal could "rock" the UFO community.

Sleaze, sin, and scandal are the fabric of the UFO community.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by cmdrkeenkid

After reading further, I know that I had orginally taken that out of context... But ATS IS above that crap. We stick together like that, but we only falter when one person, such as NC did, goes away from our team.

You mean the fox in the hen house?

I always have seen Netchchicken as being a big part of the board...
as of recently, that isn't true anymore... I can see clearly why (thanks SO for the personal glimpse)

and I mean chicken (of the Net variety) in the Fox house (sly, intellegent ATS diggers/hunters) :
:

I forgot to mention a Kudos for the original thread author

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeddicusZulZorander
I also thought I would mention that yes, I posted to his forum and so have other staff members here. Being friends, we posted there during certain times, such as when ATS was down for various reasons.

Zedd - I apologize for only pointing you out in that post. You are right there were plenty of ATS posters at his forum and that in no way implicates anyone else in any of this.

The only reason I sent this to two outlets is because I honestly didn't know whether I would simply be quickly silenced here. I am extremely disappointed by the "trumpeting" that Victor prefaced the message with on his stream. Sometimes he makes his messages look like a carnival side-show. Of course I should have known... but these were the only two outlets I could think of to get the message out and not have it silenced.

The chips are indeed falling...however as in any free and open discussion, any B.S. about ATS can quickly be laid to rest. Lies are easy to disprove. The facts always speak for themselves.

Till next time,
-rdube02

[edit on 15-3-2006 by rdube02]

[edit on 15-3-2006 by rdube02]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   
wow...

what great news to read...

i was away from ATS for some weeks (i am addicted to "lost," and i was always visiting a fan site) and i have just returned...

this is crazy news...

i would NEVER expect this from a super mod or whatever he was...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   

and I mean chicken (of the Net variety) in the Fox house (sly, intellegent ATS diggers/hunters) :
:

Obviously your humor was lost on me!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Centrist

Sleaze, sin, and scandal are the fabric of the UFO community.

What, specifically, constitutes the UFO community?

I want to be sure I am never lumped into that category if indeed sleaze, sin, and scandal are the fabric of it.

Always,
Shawnna

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:55 PM
link   
All I have to say is that personally, I am glad that Netchicken is gone.
I hit the ignore button on him like not even within the first week of my first post.
I found the majority of his posts to be practically useless, and also very arrogant.
Now mind you I was a lurker for about a year before I registered so I indeed see much of this behavior from NC...

I thank the three amigos for their actions.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
Zedd - I apologize for only pointing you out in that post. You are right there were plenty of ATS posters at his forum and that in no way implicates anyone else in any of this.

Honestly, I didn't worry about implication because that was never implied by you at all. I was mentioned only in reference to linking Netchicken to here. I just didn't want my name or any others to reflect further on ATS, so I though it best to just be truthful as to why we posted there.

It doesn't mean there is any "official" ties between the two.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I dont have much to say here other then "Yawn."

Serpo was completely discredited by ATS, and now serpo is trying to discredit ats. Oh the irony! Regardless if a member of ats sent this email is beside the point, there are hundreds of thousands of members on ats.. and netchicken was just another member when this went down.

YAWN!

Now back to your regular bogus ufo story.. like all the others.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:24 PM
link   

UFO COMMUNITY ROCKED BY SIN, SLEAZE AND SCANDAL! –

– – – "OH MY GOD!" – – –

UFO COMMUNITY BREAKING NEWS BOMBSHELL! FULL-FIELD INVESTIGATION OF THE

S-T-O-P-Y-E-L-L-I-N-G

yeesh.
Thats how he writes to his list?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   

The facts always speak for themselves.

Then why didn't the facts speak in Victor's email?

You didn't even bother to check the facts with me first.

While I'm very appreciative that you discovered that a disgruntled former supermod did this, I'm rather upset in the way it went down... as well as the unnecessary spread of new drama caused by the way it was handled.

Can you explain why you didn't come to me after our series of cordial and productive U2U's of last week?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by QuietSoul
I dont have much to say here other then "Yawn."

Serpo was completely discredited by ATS, and now serpo is trying to discredit ats. Oh the irony! Regardless if a member of ats sent this email is beside the point, there are hundreds of thousands of members on ats.. and netchicken was just another member when this went down.

YAWN!

Now back to your regular bogus ufo story.. like all the others.

He was far from just another member. He was one of the founding members with a UID of 2 just under SimonGray (1). If he was just another member, I would have simply forwarded his name to S.O. and let S.O. just quietly ban the guy. His status/standing at ATS was significant.

But also significant, and should be noted, is the additional information S.O. has shared with us - that he had done such pranks before and was essentially "disgruntled" against ATS and against S.O. This sheds a lot more light on what was going on...

-rdube02

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Can you explain why you didn't come to me after our series of cordial and productive U2U's of last week?

Yes - see my post above and the one to Zedd. Once I realized this involved one of your friends, S.O. - I didn't know that I could go to you with this. Because while you're always cordial, I wasn't sure you'd remain cordial with what we had uncovered...

-Ry

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   

He was far from just another member. He was one of the founding members with a UID of 2 just under SimonGray (1). If he was just another member, I would have simply forwarded his name to S.O. and let S.O. just quietly ban the guy. His status/standing at ATS was significant.

Your very wrong, and if you had come to me before creating sensationalist messages, I would have provided the reality to you.

He's #2 because he happened to register second on this the 4th database holding ATS posts. The first was EZ-Board, then Ikon Board, then a crashed version of XMB, then this version that I preserved for our transition to a dedicated server.

He never was anything close to a "founding member" and was even temporarily banned by Simon back in 2003 for similar lunacy.

Calling him a "founding member" without checking your facts was an irresponsible attempt to shed a negative light on ATS when there was none.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Yes - see my post above and the one to Zedd. Once I realized this involved one of your friends, S.O. - I didn't know that I could go to you with this. Because while you're always cordial, I wasn't sure you'd remain cordial with what we had uncovered...

-Ry

It's unfortunate that you didn't check the rest of the first page of the members list. You would have seen 3 other banned members from the origins of ATS. This site isn't run by who is friends, it's run by the T&C.

Disregard, S.O. said it better.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by intrepid]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Your very wrong, and if you had come to me before creating sensationalist messages, I would have provided the reality to you.

Calling him a "founding member" without checking your facts was an irresponsible attempt to shed a negative light on ATS when there was none.

Sorry, but that's how I see it.

I have to agree with SO on this. From what I can see, we have quite a few individuals who are more interested in creating drama than anything else.

Always,
Shawnna

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join