It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dubai firm may back out of deal to sell off U.S. port assets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I just came across this and it doesn't surprise me one bit. The Dubai government's port management company, that just last week said that they would back out and sell their port contracts; seems to be olanning to back out of their promise once the uproar calms down.

www.sun-sentinel.com
The weeks-long saga of Dubai Ports World's purchase of operations in Miami and five other U.S. seaports took another turn Monday, when the company's Fort Lauderdale nemesis publicized a private e-mail and charged the note shows the Arab company has no intention of selling its U.S. assets.

Eller & Co., now a partner with DP World in a Miami operation after DP bought out a British firm last week, shared an e-mail that said the Arab company's sale of U.S. assets "would probably take a while."

The e-mail from Robert Scavone, a vice president for the port company now owned by DP World, also told managers in Miami to assume for now "ownership … is not going to change."

Eller's lawyer Michael N. Kreitzer said Monday the e-mail proves the Arab company has no plans to meet Thursday's pledge to transfer U.S. assets to a U.S. entity. The move aims to quell political furor -- much of it stirred up by Eller on Capitol Hill.

"We're making this public because we think Congress should do what it planned last week -- to pass a bill to specifically disavow the Dubai company from owning a U.S. port operation," Kreitzer said by phone.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

It sounds like to me the Dubai company has hired Karl Rove as their PR man. Or at the very least borrowed a page from his book of shams. Say what the people want to hear to calm them down, then once they're not looking go ahead and do what you planned all along. If this doesn't make the mainstream media, it should, and if it doesn't...well you know, profits before country.

Related News Links:
www.truthout.org

[edit on 15-3-2006 by grover]

[edit on 19-3-2006 by asala]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
for some reason thomas I cannot get in to edit this...i don't have the edit button on my window???

new topics

join