It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Aurora evidence?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I just finished watching the History Channel show " An Alien history of planet earth". It was a show which mainly dealt with the UFO subject in light of Tope secret military aircrafts. It was a interesting show that that showed some new information I have never personally seen.

But it ended with some new evidence which might be the best to date of a Hypersonic aircraft operating out of Area 51. Many would call this aircraft the Infamous Aurora many have spectulated about for so long. They showed the pictures im sure many of US have seen of the doughnut on a string contrails nothing new there.

But then they showed a satellite weather image in which you could see a clear massive contrail of starting at Groom lake going East straight across the country and across the Atlantic to Europe or Russia. It was amazingly clear I was shocked. The defense industry expert that created the show said this contrail to be seen like that would have to been produced by a craft traveling in the range of 8,000 mph.

I never seen this picture before and wanted to know if anybody eles on ATS had ever seen this picture before. I would also like to hear what people thoughts are on this would it really suggest a craft with those speeds? If it isn’t Aurora – what is it? Seems they are flying something amazing out of Groom lake across the Atlantic. Im sure we all suspect as much but this seems to be proof.

link
This is the only site I can find that has something about this. It has a picture showing the line of the path of the contrail I saw.

This is not the picture on the show though you could actually see the contrail itself on that picture though the flight path is exactly the same.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I would say that the recent revelations in AWST regarding the Blackstar program would preclude the Aurora existing.

Its possible that the Aurora was either outright givernment disinformation, or at the very least encouraged on by them. The Blackstar makes much more sence to me at least and fits the known pattern of sightings.

Im curious. did the expert explain how he surmised that the contrail was generated by an a/c moving at 8000 mph? local condition could not be the same and variations of high altitude winds and the like are unlikely to sustain a contrail that long.

My other question is this: At what altitude are contrails not produced?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:29 AM
link   
I saw the segment also, I thought it was very interesting. I've been trying to find info on this picture. Specificaly which day it was taken. Maybe someone with access to weather data can verify it, in the archives.

I found a little bit of info regarding one of Fred's question on this website.

> 2. Can their position, altitude, speed, course, and possibly
> origination/destination be assessed?

If the size of airplane is known, then all of these are easily determined
by simple geometry and the apparent size, position, and speed of the
aircraft. Radar would also permit these quantities to be determined
easily.
source

I'd also like to know the exact method used to determine speed.

[edit on 3/15/2006 by ReginalBigsby]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Cool. The reason I asked is the following: Im a avid fan of the SR-71/A-12 and can't remeber if they left contrails at operational altitudes.

The Aurora running at 8000 mph would have to be at a very high altitude and could it generate a contrail at 100000 feet? The photos of the donuts on a rope and others seems to have been at much lower altitudes

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
From what I remember there's a pretty limited altitude range where contrails can be formed. Too high and there's not enough moisture left in the air. Too low and it's not cold enough to create one, so you're looking at a pretty limited altitude window to form them.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
This Blackstar Program sounds a lot like the stories of Aurora. I think they might be the same thing. Maybe Blackstar was the code name and Aurora was an unofficial nickname. We might have finally found one.

Tim

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:58 AM
link   
I too saw this show last night, and I was wondering "Hmm, maybe I should post that new info picture on ATS". You beat me to it.

I was gonna wait to later to do it. But I do find it strange that this new information has just surfaced now, where has it been hiding?

SHattered OUT...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

Im curious. did the expert explain how he surmised that the contrail was generated by an a/c moving at 8000 mph? local condition could not be the same and variations of high altitude winds and the like are unlikely to sustain a contrail that long.

I think they were based on calculations of the distance and times of the satellite photographs and the contrail itself. I was so weird a complete uninterrpruted contrail from the southern tip of Nevada going east clear across the Atlantic right off the edge of the image.

I wish I could find the picture posted somewhere

I have seen plane contrails in Satellite images before like this

www.carnicom.com...

But nothing like what was shown on the show last night. It was a much wider shot covering the whole country and only one contrail was distinctively clear and that was the one in question. I dont even know if this was a convential contrail like that of a 747. Perhaps it was more of a rocket trail or something.

Maybe using the name Aurora wasnt the best thing to do but if these picures and calculations are correct there is some secret hypersonic craft flying out of Groom Lake. Just so many people would associate that with Aurora even if thats not its real name.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This Aurora is the height of all subjects on this discussion board, It is only revealed to a small extent at the minuate but when will it be fully exposed to the public?

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by FredT

My other question is this: At what altitude are contrails not produced?

Fred,

How long was the contrail there? If you have an a/c moving at 8'000 mph, it could lay down a contrail over 100 miles long in about 2 min (maybe less) It is theoretically possible that the plane that made it could have been there only a matter of minutes before.

How high can a contrail be produced? Theoretically, at any altitude where there is some atmosphere. Most contrails are produced when water vapor in the jet exhaust itseft freezes in the cold air around the jet. All exaust has water vapor in it. The two byproducts of combustion are CO2 and H2O(Water (High School Chemistry)).

Hope that helps!

Tim

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
I heard when they were testing an Areospike engine on an SR-71 that they had to shut it down because it pushed the airframe beyond the maximum stress limits.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 05:58 PM
link   
What, faster than mach 14?

(in joke, see earlier threads)

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Nice link shadowxix. However I do not understand why the article denies the existence of Area 51.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I watched that progrm this afternoon as well. Very interesting indeed.

It should be mentioned that the host was none other then Nick Cook, of Janes Defense fame. He's not someone to be taken too lightly in my opinion.

The contrail begn at Area 51, and headed into Russia and China from what I remember.

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 11:24 PM
link   
Ah good to see that other people caught this newest airing of the show

Thanks for pointing out his name AMM I knew he was some Defense Industry guy but couldnt remember his name for this post.

I still cant find the picture as shown on the show anywhere

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by American Mad Man

It should be mentioned that the host was none other then Nick Cook, of Janes Defense fame. He's not someone to be taken too lightly in my opinion.

For me, Nick Cook lost all credibility in the first few pages of his book "The Hunt For Zero Point."

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 02:57 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 21 2008 @ 03:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:12 AM
link   
Hi - the Nick Cook satellite image showed the contrail going from Nevada across the US and into the Atlantic.- NOT into Russia or China. timread

posted on Jan, 29 2009 @ 05:20 AM
link   
This craft must have one hell of a fuel tank to fly at 8000 mph from A51 all the way to China heading East.

It would be nothing more than a super sonic flying gas can....or arrow/triangle for that matter.

Obviously this thing is using something else besides scramjet fuel or rockets.

Cheers!!!!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join