It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Aquarian Foundation"?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2008 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

In reading a book I found at a Goodwill, Communicating with the Dead, it mentions a Keith Milton Reinhart, a medium, was the founder of this spiritual center, which helps people develop their psychic talents and gifts.

posted on Aug, 21 2008 @ 02:45 AM
link   
Weird. You never know what you will find in your neighborhood. I have seen a couple of fortune teller places where I live. Never went into one because of my skepticism but you never know who is real and who's a fake.

posted on Aug, 22 2008 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I have been going to the public meetings at Aquarian Foundation's Study Group in Cape Town (South Africa) for about 2 years now and have thouroughly enjoyed it. All the members are awesome people! I personally have not joined as yet but plan to in the beginning of next year. It is a church (also known as a Mystery School) and NOT a cult. The lessons are all of good an God and are given as a challenge to us, to expand our consciousness and to get us to think more openly. You should always question and always try to find out more - try to find your own truth!
I suggest going to a public meeting instead of making up assumtions about something you don't know about (no judgement!). It's a fascinating place. If it agrees with you, that's great, if not , that's also great...
Love and peace... Charlene

posted on Sep, 12 2008 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Hi!
I just found the listing for the A.Q. in the phone book and thought it might be an interesting use of Sunday mornings while I spin my wheels at a nearby work release facility for the next year.

It would be great to know more if there is more to know. I'm not really looking to get my future read or spend 15 bucks. I am however very interested in finding a Sunday group or organization in the Seattle metro area that would break up some of the Christian monotany that is so over represented in the DOC. [Dept. Of Corrections]

Thanks, An

posted on Sep, 13 2008 @ 05:52 AM
link   
The following link shows how is behind it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2008 @ 09:17 AM
link   
The Aquarian Foundation was a Spiritualist church built around the mediumship of its founder Rev. Keith Milton Rhinehart. It was founded in 1955 and existed for several decades as a single congregation in Seattle. Rhinehart articulated an eclectic occult perspective that combined elements of Theosophy and Eastern religion with more traditional Spiritualism. Rhinehart also claimed contact with the ascended masters identified with the Theosophical Society. Through the 1960s Rhinehart gained some fame as a "materialization" medium. In the 1970s his ideas began to spread across the United States and into Canada. Rhinehart claimed to possess the stigmata, the extraordinary appearance of the wounds of Christ, which appeared on his body and were seen by many.

The work of the Aquarian Foundation centered upon contact with the ascended masters, who constituted the Great Brotherhood of Cosmic Light (termed by some the Great White Brotherhood), the spiritual hierarchy that mediates divine energies to humanity. Many of the sessions during which Rhinehart channeled messages from the masters have been recorded, transcribed, printed, and were distributed to the foundations's various centers.

The brotherhood affirmed a belief in karma and reincarnation, the evolution of the soul, the law of cause and effect, and the eventual attainment of personal mastery. Among those contacted by Rhinehart were Saint Germain, Master Morya, Sanat Kumara, and Djual Khul (all prominent figures in Theosophy and the I Am Movement). Also included among the masters were the Angel Moroni (the angel who gave the Book of Mormon to Joseph Smith Jr.), Mahatma Ghandi, and flying saucer entities Clarion and Ashtar. The foundation's last known address was 315 15th Ave. E., Seattle, WA 98112.

posted on Oct, 19 2008 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by hawk123

The link mentioned above does not refer to Aquarian Foundation.

posted on Nov, 4 2008 @ 01:51 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 9 2008 @ 03:56 AM
link   
I know someone who attends the Aquarian foundation in Cape Town South Africa, and they are really into it. I can't stand it tho. They just told me the kamarah(sp?) was there and that he doesn't believe in male or female and is so focused on spirituality that his body is becoming more feminine, e.g. growing boobs.
Couldn't he just be taking hormone pills like people do before they get a sex change and just tell people its spiritual?
They also saw him turn water into wine.
www.youtube.com...
I got that link with a quick youtube search, it doesn't look to hard.

I went inside the building once just after they finished. Its not very big, the people were nice, they offered me coffee and biscuits. Then they showed me a photo album that made me cringe. They have pictures of angels manifesting on 2 different occasions. Both times it looked like these were such easy things to rig up. The angel doesn't appear out of nothing, first they lay down a white robe and then the robe starts floating, that means the angel is now inside the robe. Then long beard starts to grow above the robe and thats all you get.
In the first one the robe was on a stage in front of a curtain... honestly? its on stage in front of a curtain and no one suspects any thing? The second robe was set up laying across 2 chairs, and again the robe floats and a beard grows, no face appears.
Maybe its just me but I'm not buying it.

If any of you go inside their buildings see if you can look at the photos. They seemed quit happy to show them. I'm not sure if they'll have the same photos at every branch tho.

posted on Dec, 3 2008 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by MystikMushroom

"Insane" doesn't begin to describe them. "Ignorant" doesn't do them justice either. Unforgivably stupid about sums it up.
To contextualise, I went to the Aquarian Foundation this evening just out of curiosity- I expected some good showmanship and lively entertainment at the very least. None of that was forthcoming.... what transpired was unbelievably twee, monotonous, and ridiculous.
It made me realise how much fun it would be too start a like-society recruiting a handful of educated individuals (there were none there) to put on a good show... Anyone up for the challenge? You could expose it as a hoax at a later date. Any takers?

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I was a member of the Aquarian Foundation in Portland Oregon in the 80's. I found your question while searching them out. There used to be a website, but it doesn't seem to exist any longer.

When you search, ignore that vancouver isle aquarian foundation. that is not them. also ignore the 'aquarian conspiracy' links...they are to a book that came out in the 80's that has nothing to do with the church other than that we wound up sueing the author for copyright infringement over her using our mandala on the cover and actually over the title...it is misleading. Obviously.

The church is made up of people from all walks of life. From all religions. No one is ever asked to let go of their religion to attend. In fact the reverse is true. I stood up front during Jewish holidays and shared them with the other members.

The Aquarian Foundation is a place to go if your seeking spiritualism in its true sense. There is an acceptance of life after death there as well as acceptance of communication between us that those that have passed. Also that there are spirits that have passed that 'come through' to help mankind. Theres singing and munchies.... fun and most of all peace and acceptance from everyone you meet. You could be a street person who hasn't bathed, and you'd still find hugs there. Yeah...you can go in jeans if you want to...not an issue at all. It's about what is inside you.

I don't want to give everything away, but if this has peaked your interest you ought to stop in some time. Their services are usually Wednesdays and Sunday, I think. It's been a long time... I sure wish there was one in Maine!

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous ATS

when i was a member of the Aquarian foundation in portland oregon, USA in the 1980's the leaders of the Aquarian foundation in South Africa came to visit us. I still remember them. So soft and gentle. So funny. Pure love just eminated from them.

Give them a hug from 'Jabulile' my honey at the time was 'Mntenjwa'...I sure wish I remember their names...I believe shortly after meeting them, they returned and if I recall brother 'lawrence' was it...gosh I can't remember his name...but I believe he passed away..

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:18 PM
link   

QUOTE:"I know someone who attends the Aquarian foundation in Cape Town South Africa, and they are really into it. I can't stand it tho. They just told me the kamarah(sp?) was there and that he doesn't believe in male or female and is so focused on spirituality that his body is becoming more feminine, e.g. growing boobs.
Couldn't he just be taking hormone pills like people do before they get a sex change and just tell people its spiritual?
They also saw him turn water into wine.
www.youtube.com...
I got that link with a quick youtube search, it doesn't look to hard.

I went inside the building once just after they finished. Its not very big, the people were nice, they offered me coffee and biscuits. Then they showed me a photo album that made me cringe. They have pictures of angels manifesting on 2 different occasions. Both times it looked like these were such easy things to rig up. The angel doesn't appear out of nothing, first they lay down a white robe and then the robe starts floating, that means the angel is now inside the robe. Then long beard starts to grow above the robe and thats all you get.
In the first one the robe was on a stage in front of a curtain... honestly? its on stage in front of a curtain and no one suspects any thing? The second robe was set up laying across 2 chairs, and again the robe floats and a beard grows, no face appears.
Maybe its just me but I'm not buying it.

If any of you go inside their buildings see if you can look at the photos. They seemed quit happy to show them. I'm not sure if they'll have the same photos at every branch tho. "

Kumara is not sprouting breasts due to hormones, however your skepticism would be greatly welcomed at the church. They ask you to hold tight to it.

And that video link you included has absolutely nothing to do with the Aquarian foundation... Now that was obviously theatrics.

Mr Reinhardt has no need of trickery. It is what it is. You are not unlike the Jews who turned their back on Jesus' 'miracles'. It's fine that you hold on to your skepticism...it's healthy. Just try to leave a little hole open for the 'rain to get in' or you'll risk stagnation. Such a shame to be in the room with a true prophet, yet not recognize him as such.

Trade places with ya!

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Aunty Reni]

[edit on 4-12-2008 by Aunty Reni]

posted on Dec, 4 2008 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous ATS
Hi!
I just found the listing for the A.Q. in the phone book and thought it might be an interesting use of Sunday mornings while I spin my wheels at a nearby work release facility for the next year.

It would be great to know more if there is more to know. I'm not really looking to get my future read or spend 15 bucks. I am however very interested in finding a Sunday group or organization in the Seattle metro area that would break up some of the Christian monotany that is so over represented in the DOC. [Dept. Of Corrections]

Thanks, An

Nice! No one is going to read your future or ask you for $15. So funny! I think you're going to have a blast at the Foundation. I'm jealous...there isn't one anywhere near me. I miss it.

Plus you're getting in at the 'mother' church. The first one..the one with 'all that history' we'd talk about in Oregon when I went! Sah-weet!

posted on Dec, 11 2008 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I have been a member of Aquarian Foundation since 1982 and joined the church in Seattle, WA It was a great time to be in the church with many of the elder members there to answer questions for new people.

The Teachings that have come through the adept mediumship of the founder - Rev Keith Rhinehart are phenomenal. They are communications from Higher Intelligences - sometimes called Ascended Masters - and there are also lectures from the consciousness of Rev Rhinehart as well. The founder was a great man, very compassionate and a champion for individual rights. People from all walks of life were welcome at the church.

Since Reverend Rhineharts passing in April 1999, the woman who took over the Presidents position - Jann Werner - has not honored the founders wishes of how the church is to be run. She has discontinued giving the members the right to nominate people for board positions (at the biennual meeting) and excommunicated any members who question her decisions.
She continued to fire long-time members in Spiritual Leadership positions and replaced them with individuals loyal to her. It is a sad time for those of us ex members who love this church and its founder Rev Rhinehart.

There is a court case under way to re-instate the members right to vote for board positions - including the Presidents position - of which Jann Werner claims she is in there for her lifetime. Reverend Rhinehart would never agree with her actions to shut out so many loving, sincere truth seekers who wish to attend church service and participate in church activities. I hope and pray for the Truth to be revealed about the church's new leadership - and hope that - one day - I and those members who were tossed out of the church will be welcomed back.
In the name of Truth, Justice and the Golden Rule...
I pray for my beloved Aquarian Foundation

posted on Dec, 18 2008 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Here is a reserch document regarding the history of the Foundation with lots of refernces for you. Good reading! The Aquarian Foundation
JAMES A. SANTUCCI
 1989 by the National Historic Communal Societies Association
[This slightly revised article originally appeared in Communal Societies, vol.
9 (1989): 39-61.
Introduction
In 1926, there appeared a small pamphlet entitled “A Message from the
Masters of The Wisdom in 1926” proclaiming that the Masters of the
Wisdom1 were about to initiate further Work in the world. Such assertion,
especially for those sympathetic with the teachings of the Theosophical
Movement, was surely to have a profound impact. And indeed it did. Over
the next seven years, from 1927 to 1933, the individual who wrote the
inspiring and uplifting “Message” and who also established the Aquarian
Foundation and its community at Cedar-by-the-Sea on Vancouver Island
(British Columbia), Edward Arthur Wilson, would likewise be responsible
for events so “bizarre that it out rivalled in real life the wildest imaginings of
an old-fashioned dime novel.”2 As sensational as the events were that led to
the dissolution of the Foundation and the [40]
[James A. Santucci is professor of religious studies and linguistics at California
State University, Fullerton. This is a revised version of a paper originally
presented at the American Academy of Religion (Western Branch) and at the
Pacific Coast Chapter meeting of the National Historic Communal Societies
Association. The author wishes to acknowledge the help and cooperation of the
following: Grace F. Knoche, Leader of the Theosophical Society (Pasadena);
Kirby Van Mater, Archivist of the Theosophical Society (Pasadena); John Van
Mater, Librarian of the Theosophical University Library (Pasadena); John
Oliphant of Vancouver, B.C.; Ted G. Davy Editor of the Canadian Theosophist; J.
Gordon Melton of the University of California, Santa Barbara; and Nicholas
Campion of Bristol, England.]
1. Men who are highly evolved morally, intellectually and spiritually and who belong to
a Brotherhood (the Great White Lodge, as it is sometimes called) preserving the Wisdom
of the Ages and guiding the evolution of humanity. See H.P. Blavatsky, “The
Theosophical Masters;’ Theosophical Articles by H.P. Blavatsky, Volume 1 (Los
Angeles: The Theosophy Co., 1981), 302; Bruce F. Campbell, Ancient Wisdom Revived:
A History of the Theosophical Movement (Berkeley: University of California Press,
1980), 53f.
2. “Finis Written to Long Search for Man of Mystery” The Daily Colonist (Victoria,
B.C.), 16 July 1939, 12.
[40] colony, there is a paucity of written sources that would give a complete
picture of the functionings of both; as usual, the media emphasized scandalous
and criminal revelations that came out of court cases in 1928 and
1933 and in typical tabloid fashion sensationalized them accordingly. Thus,
during these years’ headlines dramatizing Wilson’s startling conduct
appeared in many papers in the U.S. and Canada. Many of the headlines
reflect an irresponsible and flippant tone not in keeping with the supposed
best traditions of journalism; these include the following:
“Weird Occultism Exemplified in Amazing Colony at Cedar-by-the Sea”
“B.C. Love Cult Rites Bared by Witness”
“Osiris and Isis Met on Train Between Seattle and Chicago”
“Black Magic, Gold and Guns Feature Strange Cult Case”
“Cult Holds Members as Slaves on B.C. Island.”
Nonetheless, enough information is available in extant publications of
the Aquarian Foundation and in external sources to provide a sketch of its
teachings and operation. In doing so, this paper will summarize the teachings
of Edward Wilson and the Foundation, outline what little information is
known about him, why he was successful in attracting a large number of
well-educated disciples with the means to carry out his plans for the
Foundation, provide a description of the colony in British Columbia, and
outlin

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:08 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 20 2008 @ 03:14 PM
link   

I spent time with Kieth in Hollywood, and New York city in I believe 1977, the whole lot of them treated me very well, like family. Never asked a thing of me and open to any questions I might have had.

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 01:35 AM
link   
I WAS a wounded soul- it has taken years to get over this so called church- Don't let them lay hands on you- or your money. Conrol freaks- Cult- cult, cult. They believe in everything-From space beings to Jesus. They will worm into your life and screw into your thoughts and dreams. At first they blow smoke- and then the words- The others, or outsiders comes into the conversations. As a new follower, they fight with how you should be in thier eyes- not reality. I still get the creeps- seeing one of them- or even driving by. They use every moment to lead you on. If you have angels- pray they keep you and yours safe. This is my opinion- God is with all of us- Not this place only. Ask them about the Jewelry---- They knock on your door after death to reclaim it. They so call bless and resell- I am far from a wounded soul now- Don't spend one cent to help this cause. Spend your money on anything- but this cult. And God forbid have a spiritual experience here----- This chapter believes one man saved us from war- I'm far from weak---- From Drag queens to evil cult leaders- This was worse then the wicked witch in Sleeping Beauty. They see things alright---- right into your wallet- One course was to get your will made out before your family gets your home.. Steven King would have a hay-day in this freak house. God help I never see them again- in this life or the next. I pray for your mistakes have kinder lessons then this place- God help and bless and forgive this tax free church----

posted on Jan, 4 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Aunty Reni

Hello- please take your own toilet paper-- They have signs in the bathroom to donate all you can..

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join