It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: UAE to Switch it's Reserves to the Euro, Because of Block on U.S. Ports Deal

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 01:06 AM
link   
(Most) People of the UAE love Americans and love their business. Switching the Euro means jack as of now. 1/10 of a their reserve. No one is panicking, the US is still a leader in science and technology, and as long as that continues the dollar stays strong.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:02 AM
link   
The only thing that surprised me about the UAE decision was that they made it so quickly. I wouldn't get too wrapped up in that friend/ally thinking, either. Nations don't have friends, only interests.

There are people here that have said they hope to be around when/if the US collapses so that they can enjoy the misery it brings to US. This decision should make them happy, I suppose.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:42 AM
link   
good leadership may of made the deal.but now the money goes to the euro and eruope gets her wake up call on the markets....

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:36 AM
link   
From classic-bank-account

Restricted countries

If you live in one of the following countries you cannot open this account: Afghanistan, Albania, Colombia, Cook Islands, Dominica, Egypt, Grenada, Guatemala, Indonesia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Nigeria, Niue, St. Vincent, The Philippines, USA.

Restricted citizenships
If you are a citizen of one of the following countries you cannot open this account: Afghanistan, Albania, Colombia, Cook Islands, Dominica, Egypt, Grenada, Guatemala, Indonesia, Marshall Islands, Myanmar, Nauru, Nigeria, Niue, St. Vincent, The Philippines, USA.

Seems the yanks are out of luck with this one, it may be better to just buy thick gold chains and hide them under the bed
(dont put them in a safety deposit box they arnt exactly "safe").

This year is certainly going to be 'interesting'.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 10:09 AM
link   
This is not surprise, for the last few years the national debt and the government spending has been enough to make people worry, also many financial advisors including Greenspan also warned about the uncontrollable spending.

Because the relationships of the US with foreign investments and the weird way tha business are conducted, something that we the regular people don't need to worry about as long as we get the welfare and social security check and Medicaid to pay for prescription drugs, and have a job to pay for bills is actually not in the mind of any hard working American.

But the warnings has been out and they have been out loud and clear.

What it surprised me is that is coming from our Friends in the Emirates and not like many financial genies thought is was coming from China that is one of our greatest investors.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join