It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Debunk Files

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
After seeing one too many "Lost Cave being?" threads I decided that there should be a thread listing everything that has been debunked, for our new members to peruse before posting their story.(There is no special order of these threads, I'm just writing them down as I find them)

1. Is this a real Diplocaulus?
www.abovetopsecret.com...
While it is a very convicing pic, it turned out to be a model made of oil clay and gypsium. It was made in 1992, for a japanese magizine photo contest.

2.Human Stingray!
As nicely stated by Busymind, it is probably a member of the Rhinobatidae Family. Here's the Wikipedia page for the Rhinobatidae Family: en.wikipedia.org...

3."REPTILIAN"/ NWO PICTURE. Does anyone know if this was proven to be a hoax? What is this thing?
This is actually a fake done by the very gifted artist, Charlie White. You can see some of his works here: www.artincontext.org...

4. Lost Cave being?
This is a classic case of reuse abuse. This picture and the number of the times it's come up is the reason why I made this list. I must have seen this pic at least 5 different times in 5 different threads, each thread asking if it was real or not. This picture is actually apart of Ceddar Gorge Showcaves, somewhere in Ireland.

5.Demon Caught on Film??? Looks real!
This is also a classic case. The photo is a real photo just minus the "demon" and in color.

6.Gigantic Snake trys to pull a buffalo up a cliff for its supper
This isn't a fake picture, just a misinterpreted one. The creature the snake is pulling up the cliff is a wallaby which is considerably smaller then a buffalo.

Well, I would put some more down but I'm running out of time. Please add to this list, ACCORDING TO YOUR KNOWLEDGE not your opinion. If you know it's been faked or a pic has been misinterpreted and it hasn't already been listed, please add.

P.S. Could a Mod stick this to the top?

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:34 AM
link   

I think it's safe to add the five(?) colossi to the list - although we haven't seen them popping up lately, but they're still classics...

There's a collection of 5 "cases" of Giant Remains discovered, and to support it there's high quality videos and pictures supporting the findings, with a site dedicated to each colossus.

en.wikipedia.org...

Viral marketing campaign
In October 2005, a viral marketing campaign was launched: A website called Giantology.net posted links to several websites claiming that, in different parts of the world, five statues of giants closely resembling certain colossi had been unearthed. These giants were:

An Ice Giant, resembling Quadratus found in Franz Josef Land, Siberia by Arkady Simkin and his crew
An Incan Giant, resembling Gaius found in Nazca, Peru by Andrew and Ellie Sayre
A "Sunken Giant", resembling Hydrus found in the Sulu Sea by Ed Guyler
A giant of Jebal-Barez, resembling Phalanx found in Kuh-e Jebal Barez, Iran by Casper Shilling
The Giant of Mahabalipuram, resembling Malus found in Mahabalipuram, India after the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.

www.abovetopsecret.com...' contains a summary of all the cases discussed on ATS.

Wig

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I think an idea would be to start combining threads. At te moment they sometimes get locked, I think that's a bit unfair to the people who posted to the locked thread.

The threads should be combined, then everyone will be in one thread and it will be easier to find.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemwolf

I think it's safe to add the five(?) colossi to the list - although we haven't seen them popping up lately, but they're still classics...

Those goddamn things drove me INSANE!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Precisely, Jack. That is one of the reasons I made this thread, to ensure the sanity of the members that regularly surf this forum.
I also hope that you could add a few more threads that have been bothering you.
We need as many entries in this as possible to ensure that the debunked do not rise again.

posted on Mar, 19 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Well, I have just found a new edition to the D-Files.
1. Cat gives birth to Mouse... A COUSE!!!!
As realized by the other posters in the thread, such a thing is a genetic impossibility. Mouse and cat DNA are to different to create any type of hybrid. As stated by Dustinthewind, the author of the thread, the mouse was probably adopted by the cat.

posted on Mar, 24 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
I've got another one for the D-Files. Also if anyone else wishes to contribute, please do. However, please do not say that something is false unless you have a credible source that has debunked it.

1. The loch ness monster was an elephant?
The concept doesn't explain continued sightings or sightings before 1825. Complete and total bunk.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 12:18 AM
link   
Just a thought, Voidmaster - I'm all for your "Debunk Files", but shouldn't it include only recurring "cases", i.e. obvious and well-known hoaxes that pops up every few weeks - the demon in the cave pic is a great example of this sort of thing. Maybe it isn't necessary to add every single thread topic that is debunked. Topics that's making their way through here for the first or second time deserve to be topics in their own right. Shouldn't the "debunk files" just serve as guide for new posters to know the "classic cases"? Well, just a thought.

posted on Mar, 27 2006 @ 06:01 AM
link   
Well, I just thought that I'd stop the ones that might start reacurring, that way no one sees something they've debunked already.
I see where your coming from, but if I did that then the thread would be forgotten by the time something else came around.

top topics

join