It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UfO Files tonight. 3/14/06 (Debunking UFOs) History channel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Tonight, starting at 8pm eastern time(USA) the history channel will be airing three shows.

Tuesday, March 14 @ 8pm ET/PT

Nick Cook, a British aerospace journalist with a 20-year history of "getting below the surface" of some of the strangest military aircraft to take to the skies, applies his expert, investigative skills to a world of mystery and deceit--a fantastical place full of UFOs, strange encounters, and alien abductions. Much of his time has been spent at the respected journal, Jane's Defence Weekly. His job is to investigate secret programs--the shadow defense industry, worth billions of dollars, but hidden from public view. Now, with more people than ever believing in UFOs, Cook wants to know what really has been flying through our air space. He traces the phenomenon from early sightings of UFOs during WWII to the mass reports of alien abductions that swept America in the 1980s and `90s. Entering the world of bluff and double-bluff, he investigates such landmark cases as the Roswell Incident and the Zamora Sighting to try to answer the question: Are UFOs real?

See here

[edit on 3-16-2006 by Springer]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Sounds like a good show. Too bad I don't have cable

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Ahhh there claiming hitler had top secret UFO projects and anti-grav projects pretty interesting.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoSteve85
Ahhh there claiming Hitler had top secret UFO projects and anti-grav projects pretty interesting.

I believe it. With such advanced technology, that's probably why they won the war.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:37 PM
link   
They're not going to try and trot out those VRIL craft fantasies....I hope...or the other one...(starts with an H...I keep forgetting that one dammit...Hau..something or other).

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I am not buying this stuff. Sounds even more fantastic then saying that UfOs are alien craft. In the forties and fifties they were still trying to make intercontinental balistic rockets. If the germans did have such technology we would probably not be having this conversation. They would have used it in a heart beat.

Blam your dead! Thats it. They would not be just flying them arround our planes. For us to see. They would have used them to go into the atmosphere and drop bombs on our @#$$

[edit on 14-3-2006 by Cabanman]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Why would we need a U2 if we had Flying Saucers and foo-fighters that could have flown hundreds of miles into the atmosphere and spie on everyone. Why waste all that fuel if we had anty gravity? What the hell were those airforce people thinking anyway?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Run, mexico UFO show on now!!!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Yes, the US government has had disk shaped, anti-grav craft for over 60 years and hasn't revealed it because....um...... The public can't handle the idea of a circular aircraft! Yeah that's it...seeing round aircraft flitting around would be too hard on our psyches.

Please...if you want to bother applying Occam's Razor to this whole thing, aliens seems like a simpler (not to mention less crazy) idea.

[edit on 3/14/2006 by Flinx]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I thought it was an interesting show, but I think he's wrong on several accounts. I haven't read anything from Nick Cook, but heard he was a skeptic. I was surprised when he brought up several cases he said he couldn't explain. I would agree that several UFO sightings are probably secret military craft, but I think he's off the mark with the German technology of the WW2 era. They had nothing like the Foo Fighters that were seen. If they did, that tech would be commonplace now. He also missed the boat on Roswell being a disinfo project. Just the reaction from the military shows they didn't know what had crashed, which means it wasn't one of ours. Otherwise, it was still interesting.

The show will be on again at12:00 AM EST, for anyone who missed it.

[edit on 3/14/2006 by Hal9000]

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cabanman
Run, mexico UFO show on now!!!

I'm watching it now! The Nick Cook show was pretty interesting and he had to admit at the end that there were some UFO reports that he could not explain. I agree with one of the above posters....if we did indeed glean Nazi anti-gravity saucers and remote controlled Foo Fighters....why would we need the U2 program? Indeed why even the A-12/SR-71?!!

----warpfactor9

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Pretty cool show. Better then mowt of the UFO shows I've seen. Most of these shows leave me feeling empty. After watching this show I get the feeling that UFOs and secret gov. projects are a lot more closely related then commonly believed.

Did anyone catch the pic of the con-trail? At the end of the show Nick showed a picture of a contrail originating in Area-51, ending around Russia/China. He didn't show the whole trail, but we did get to see the point of origin and the fact that it extended all the way out into the middle of the Atlantic. He claims that to produce a contrail like this the craft would have to have been moving at 8000mph!

I'd really like to see the whole contrail. This is pretty amazing if it's real. Anyone with any info on it should throw up a link or two. I'm going to do some research on the contrail later on.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ReginalBigsby
Anyone with any info on it should throw up a link or two. I'm going to do some research on the contrail later on.

That was the Aurora. You can find plenty of info in the Aircraft Projects Forum here at ATS or google.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Gee I really expect an analyst for Jane's to go against the militaries of the world and declare that UFO's are real?? For conspiracy types you guys got to consider the source more and their possible agendas.

Think about it, Janes makes their money by telling the rest of the world what militaries have and can do. In many cases I'm certain they have good relations with them - would help in the accuracy and disclosure areas I'm sure.

This sounds like a typical MSM hatchet job.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Thanks, Hal, I'll be sure to check it out. I'm sure I'll be able to find what I need there.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Honestly if they had all that technology. . .they would have applied military usage, AND Commercial. DUH!. . . .But they didn't. . . which means that they could not duplicate, or apply the technology. . ..most likely. . didn't know how to fly the damn thing. . . . if there were a limited number of saucers' or even material. . .then that's another reason why they wouldn't use it. . . too much risk of losing it, and it falling into enemy hands. . . people please use your brains. IF the US has them now, they're working on how to get the design, and flaws of it. . .because it's quite obvious that they can't duplicate or even mine the materials needed to make such a craft. . . .it's like the people on a deserted isle, understanding how a nuke works.

-Super

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:49 PM
link   
It was a interesting show I found the Reported "Aurora" Contrail at the end pretty interesting though for the life of me I cant find that picture he showed anywhere in the Net. But was also really interested in the Nazi "Bell" and "Fly trap" did people know of these before?

The Bell if it was ever there is long gone but the "Fly trap" structure is still there. What the heck do people think that thing was used for? Strange that it was connected to the underground base with high voltage cables.

Also towards the end the guy that built that Anti-gravity/ ion wind device
that was pretty crazy how was that thing working?

[edit on 15-3-2006 by ShadowXIX]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowXIX
Also towards the end the guy that built that Anti-gravity/ ion wind device
that was pretty crazy how was that thing working?

I believe that was the guy from American Anti-gravity.

www.americanantigravity.com...

It works using a special alloy wire and high voltage. The wire gives off an ion wind for propulsion. It really isn't "anti-gravity", but just an invisible lift.

Check out the site though, there’s also lots of other stuff that's pretty cool.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Yeah that was the thing Hal9000 thanks for the information on it. That thing is very interesting, seeing it hover without making any sound was weird.

I wonder if this basic principle can be scaled up and developed further. Though I imagine you would need some large power supply judging from the power need to lift these demonstrators

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 11:39 PM
link   
Yeah the show on Mexico was pretty good. There was what seemed to be good footage.

God, the debunkers on some of these shows are like "fingernails down the chalkboard" annoying. Some of these guys must have nothing better to do than habitualy debunk everything they see, and some of the debunk theories don't even match what you see on the video. People aren't stupid, they know what they see right in front of their own eyes. Now, sometimes we can be be mistaken, but not all the time. Swamp gas and skydivers with candles can't explain everything.

Some of us don't buy all the debunk sewage, we want the truth!

Troy

top topics

join