It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fake UFO Photos

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Article
An interesting article on how the experts fake ufo photos. They go into much more detial then I would have expected and have quite a few good shots. With all the software that is coming out now hwo do you tell the fakes from the real ones?

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:24 PM
link   
Its my opinion that digital photographic evidence is useless. There are far too many options for altering photos or video in such a way as to fool the average citizen. Give me film negatives.

NC

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Hmmm maybe CSICOP is making fake ufo pics and circulating them to debunk all UFO photos.. is this not possible??

Who are these guys and what is their agenda?

Don't trust an organziation whose acronym includes 'COP' in it!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Yes but, they're making it clear they are fake photos. I'm much more leery of faked photos touted as the real thing.

NC

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 10:21 PM
link   
It is getting so easy to fake any type of photo... Most 12 yr olds can use Photoshop or toss a trash can lid in the air and take a photo with a simple camera.... It's only gonna get eaiser!!

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:00 PM
link   
Uh that's kinda like the police teaching kids in certain neighbourhoods how to use guns in order to protect themselves and then crying about the level of violence on the streets.

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Guys, who say's this pic is fake?? It's the real thing! Wow!
OK, I want proof that its fake. Anyone??

posted on Mar, 14 2006 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikesingh
Guys, who say's this pic is fake?? It's the real thing! Wow!
OK, I want proof that its fake. Anyone??

Yeah man what high level logic these debunkie monkies have anyways..

If I can teach a 12 year old how to fake a ufo pic then viola!

All ufo pics are fake!

yeah that's it!!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
As someone else stated, digital video or photo evidence is pretty much useless unless of course it is backed up by multiple eye witnesses who don't know each other and a radar sighting.

I think negatives are the best way to go here, they can be examined in detail and are hard to mess with even by experts without someone being able to detect the forgery.

I think anyone researching ufo's should just throw digital photos out the window because no matter how good they are the sceptics will always say they are faked.

Now the problem any researcher has is that everyone gets a digital camera now. Few people i know have a film camera anymore, and any film camera they have is years old or a cheap disposable one that couldn't get a good image if it was used by a professional photographer.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
It's like I said. There have always been some pretty good UFO photos around. Plenty clear enough to see what needs to be seen. But even when it was relatively difficult to fake images, photos weren't very good evidence.

I could still sneak out into the woods, inflate a full-sized 25-foot diameter silver flying saucer balloon and float it up and take pictures of it. The photo would be unassailable, because it wouldn't be fake! It would be a real photo of a real thing flying in the air. What would it prove? Nothing.

Here's what I need:
Multiple photos from different people
Material or artifacts incapable of being produced on Earth
Real live (or dead) alien
The government telling me it's the real deal
Verification by independent scientists
Alien stuff I can put my tongue on if I wanted to

Basically, I want the same level of proof for UFOs that would convince me Hoover Dam exists. Very simple. But photos alone won't do it.

P.S. -- Those photos in the "how to fake UFOs" article look fake to me, so I'm not sure what these skeptics are trying to prove. Also, we should all be wary of the logical falacy that implies just because something COULD be faked in a particular way, that's how any specific photo "xyz" was done. A perfectly legitimate photo showing a UFO might just happen to look fake, because of the lighting or because the equipment wasn't great, or it was taken in a hurry, or whatever.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Enkidu]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Nah guys what you need if for EVERYONE to see ufos all at the same time, then I bet that at least 1/3rd of those people will still deny what they are!!

See that's why debunkies the hard core lot can't be taken seriously. Probably a third of people will say: show me the proof and if they see it they will believe it. But a good chunk of the population will never see it BECAUSE THEY DON'T WANT TO. Don't worry about those types, waste of time.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Enkidu

Here's what I need:
Multiple photos from different people
Material or artifacts incapable of being produced on Earth
Real live (or dead) alien
The government telling me it's the real deal
Verification by independent scientists
Alien stuff I can put my tongue on if I wanted to

Basically, I want the same level of proof for UFOs that would convince me Hoover Dam exists. Very simple. But photos alone won't do it.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by Enkidu]

Enkidu is bang on!

In addition to that, I'll believe it's true if ET lands on my front lawn, walks up to me and says, "Hey dude! Take me to your leader!"

Until then all this stuff is comedy science fiction!

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Enkidu - You're right, given the criteria you've written it's simply not going to happen. Even in the most talked about UFO Hotspots. In those areas where multiple pics could be snapped one will be treated to distant unidentifiable lights at night or ultra high metalic orbs (ala Prophet Yaweh) durring the day.

Unfortunately the days of the classic big metalic UFO with defined surfaces and windows is but over. Gone the way of the dragon. Fortunately there are enough creative people out there willing to produce those old school UFO's.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nullster
Enkidu - You're right, given the criteria you've written it's simply not going to happen.

Well, never say never. Just because it hasn't happened yet, doesn't mean it won't happen someday. My criteria isn't really that high. I don't necessarily NEED to put my tongue on something to prove it exists. But I should be able to.

Hoover Dam. I've not ever actually seen it in person. I've seen photos of it, though. Other people tell me it exists, so I'm relying on them to tell the truth. If I get in my car and drive over there, I can see for myself that it really exists, and put my tongue on it. Now, there may be people out there who would tell me that Hoover Dam doesn't exist, and maybe they're right. But at a certain point, when enough people verify it, and when I see enough photos of it, and when people in authority tell me it exists, I feel relatively comfortable in saying that even though I've never seen it in person, I believe it exists.

That's all I'm asking for UFO aliens and the like. As it is, I've seen more evidence of UFOs, at least in photo form, than I have of anyone here on this forum. You could all be figments of my imagination, for all I know.

top topics

join