It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Homophobia

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
"...one of the primary goals of the homosexual rights movement is to abolish all age of consent laws and to eventually recognize pedophiles as the 'prophets' of a new sexual order." - "Homosexual Activists Work to Normalize Sex With Boys," FRC publication, July 1999

[In an article entitled "Lords Rebuff Pedophiles," FRC conveniently fails to mention that the age of consent for heterosexuals in England is already 16, but for gays it's 18.]

"The British House of Lords on April 13 rejected an attempt to lower the age of sexual consent for homosexuals from 18 to 16. Despite the desperate pleas of a 34-year-old "gay" Labor Party member to lower the age, the Lords voted 222-146 to deny homosexuals' bids to legally have sex with young teens. Labor Party leaders, including Prime Minister Tony Blair, have pledged to override the vote. The Lords last year turned back the same bill by a 274-64 vote." Family Research Council, CultureFacts, May 5, 1999,

More homphobes for ya.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   
i love the lack of homophobia on this thread, shows that homophobes are scared of gays and pro-equality dudes.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by anxietydisorder
It was a total non-issue with all my friends and family.
Being openly gay for 30 years, I have to say that I have never experienced any homophobic reaction from anyone.

Wow. You are really fortunate! A rare case, I'm sure. I hope someday it's a total non-issue for everyone!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 02:28 PM
link   
The chart shows the age of consent for male-female, male-male and female-female sex.

www.ageofconsent.com...

It looks like it's even across the board for the UK. Notice that gay sex is illegal in Alabama.

But if you follow the link and view the entire chart you will see there is a disparity in the laws from country to country, and in the USA the laws change from state to state.

I couldn't understand why anyone would want to lower consent below 16, that seems an appropriate age for a person to decide if they want to have sex or not.
But a 50 year old having sex with a 16 year old still has an ick factor..........

[edit on 15/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Well that was in 1999, so the laws have changed, your link even says so.
Rev 06/2001, so it changed from 16 for straight and 18 for gay to 16 across the board in 2001, then the quote was from 1999.

And the gay sex illegal in Alabama, isn't that just Anti-Sodomy laws? So a guy can't even have anal sex with his girlfriend because it is illegal?

More quotes!

Religion is treated as irrelevant or downright evil. Homosexual books, magazines, and newspapers are filled with bitter and often obscene denunciations of religion in general and Christianity in particular. One activist calls for the outlawing of churches that disapprove of homosexual conduct. Another carefully outlines an advertising campaign that equates Christian clergy with Nazis and Klansmen. Homosexual stage performers dress up in clerical garb and commit obscene acts. A gay rights cartoonist depicts Christ having anal intercourse with His cross. These are not isolated examples from an otherwise gentle and loving literature. The attitude pervades the homosexual movement and is an essential part of their ideal curriculum. - Family Research Council, THE HOMOSEXUAL AGENDA IN SCHOOLS, by Robert H. Knight

Last I checked there are many religous Gays.

Gary Bauer: "involvement in homosexuality can kill you. It can kill you emotionally, it can kill you physically, and it can certainly kill you spiritually." - Oct 16, 96 - Family Research Council Web site
Ok, if he meant AIDS maybe, but he says emotionally, and spiritually. Also, AIDS is not a Gay disease, straight people get it to.

Extra Quote.

[edit on 15-3-2006 by DevinS]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 03:55 PM
link   
I have found over many years working within a 99% male enviroment, the guys who are the most anti gay are normally the ones with the most domestic problems, the gays I have met have mostly just wanted a quite life with person they love whats the problem surely we would all settle for that.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Good old God fearing gay bashing Christians, just like this pastor of the Lord in Oklahoma. How ironic. And people wonder why the hateful, intolerant religious right has little credibility these days. Follow the links and see why.

talk about hipocracy

www.soonerthought.com...

www.biblicalrecorder.org...

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlackOps719
Good old God fearing gay bashing Christians, just like this pastor of the Lord in Oklahoma.

Heeeeeeeeeey, you forgot the Jews & the Muslims. Both Torah & Koran are not especially friendly when it comes to the gay, not only the Bible. Or may be you just have the b...to bash on Christians only and not on the others ?

Let's back to the topic :

Homophobia. 2 words.

1) Homo(sexual). Having sex with people of the same sex, male or female.

2) Phobia ( old greek word ): Fear, being afraid of...

Homophobia = Being afraid of people having sex with peoples of the same sex.

I'm not afraid with homo then I'm not an homophobic man ( sorry for the new speaking, Orwell BB is not still in rule ). It's just that I dislike and don't understand homo and their twisted lifestyle, point.

And no, I don't think lezb are " hot " or " cool ". Also, I'm not going mad when I have to talk with homo ( male or female ) peoples. And for having worked with homo, I will even say that I prefer to talk/work with homo men than women.
Homo women are far too much agressive.

P.S : A pic 4 the fun.

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 05:49 PM
link   
I know what some are thinking: "Oh Lord, here goes 'paulthefourth' . . . again!" - but I'll TRY not to be so long winded this time

First, I want to thank everyone in here for being supportive and tolerant - my post is not 'towards' anyone in here, it's just my general thoughts on how being gay feels and how homophobia has affected me.

I'll simplify my story so those that have heard it before won't have to sit through it again:

Grew up in a VERY large Southern Baptist family/area.

Went to a Private Christian School, K-12.

Never knew of or met another gay person (except what was on sit-coms) till I was in college.

Never went on a date with a girl (except 2 set-ups, that I didn't want to go on, that went HORRIBLY bad - with no 'second dates').

Pretty much knew from puberty that I was attracted to guys - didn't know what sexual attraction was, but knew I'd rather be around guys than girls- even when I saw all my friends start to date girls, I was jealous of the girls and the attention they were getting. But I waited for my hormones to kick in and make me attracted to girls too, but those hormones never came.

Hid the fact that I liked guys like you'd hide a Nazi/Racist-Grandfather with dementia/Tourette's syndrome in the basement if you invited a Jewish/Black friend over for supper.

Acted just as homophobic (if not more-so) to keep anyone from suspecting me of being a "fag" - I knew what I was, I just wasn't going to admit it to anyone, not even myself because I 'knew' that meant I would go to hell and I knew if I told ANYONE, that the gossip train would have it all over town in 2.7 seconds.

Decided at 22-23 that I was just going to be alone for the rest of my life because the thought of being with a girl was disgusting to me, and the thought of being with a guy was on repeat in my head, but it brought up feelings of being harassed, left out, abandoned, hated, discriminated against, stereotyped, having the CRAP beaten out of me or even being killed.

By 26-27, I just couldn't take the isolation anymore, finally came out to my best friend (we were born 5 days apart and grew up like brothers) and his wife, fully expecting to be kicked out and asked to NEVER return, but was pleasantly surprised when they said it was OK and kept treating me like 'normal' - She did make me feel bad a few times, but I believe it was unintentional, like asking me not to be "too gay" around their son, so he wouldn't be 'confused' - or her asking me if I was attracted to my best friend, I told her that would be like the difference between asking her if her brother was 'good looking' and "are you attracted to him" - Basically, you can think someone is attractive, without there having to be any sexual attraction involved.

Around 28 I found a boyfriend through Yahoo personals (who I'm Still With 4 years later - my one and only!) and FINALLY lost my virginity, my friends were cool with me and I thought "you know, this whole "being gay" thing might not be so bad after all" - at that time, the worst thing was when someone would find out you were gay and the first thing they'd ask is "so, do you have 'the AIDS'?" Like we're born with it, or we simply 'have' to have it in order to join the club. And no, I don't have HIV, or AIDS, or any STD, or a criminal record or a past of abuse or molestation or any of that crap that most people assume "all" us gays are afflicted with. In other words, It wasn't that bad, but I knew there were many unfavorable opinions about it.

---------------------------

THEN - the 2004 election mess started up - and it was time to decide if we should keep an Idiot in the white house for 4 more years, and I truly started to see how people felt about "the gays" - it was a wedge issue meant to tell the "Goods" apart from the "Bads" - the "Churchies" from the "Sinners" - the "patriotic" from the "traitors" - it was an assault on my character to hear all that "going to hell" stuff and "It's Adam and Eve, NOT Adam and Steve" and how I was an "abomination" and how the good church-going folks I was raised with were spouting so much hate and venom at ALL the gays. -Oh, and my favorite, how I "CHOSE" to be this way - like ANYONE would chose this life - It's not a lifestyle 'choice' - There is a choice when it comes to living a lie and pretending to be something I'm not to make other people happy, or accepting and being what I know I truly am, even when I know ALOT of people don't like it.

I started to feel like EVERYONE hated me, even if they wouldn't say it, I knew that's what they felt - they thought I was a disgusting, evil, demon-spawn that was going to sneak up and "get them from behind". I was going to kid-nap their children and try to "turn" them gay - or like I wanted to taint the blood supply with AIDS infested blood and burn down churches and make it so ANYONE could marry ANYTHING in any quantity.

During a 'gay marriage' discussion at work between my brother and another employee, I had to hear my own brother (who knew I was gay, and was in his FOURTH marriage at this time) say that "gay's don't deserve 'special' rights" right in front of me. Can you imagine how that feels? Someone that's supposed to be on your side, and they say things that make you feel like you don't even exist, he knew I could hear him and it didn't even matter to him - it certianly let me know that biological family is not necessarily any better than your chosen family (friends)

Ever since then, even with Mass. getting gay marriage, and several other countries making it legal, I still can't help but think that everyone hates me and I have no idea how to make people see that I'm a good guy - People don't want it "pushed in their faces", so I don't tell people - Then, they find out and accuse me of "lying" to them all that time, so I'm screwed either way. - If I want to make a new friend, do I tell them up front that I'm gay and risk running them away, or do I just say nothing and then get accused of lying to them? No matter what I do, people are either not going to give me a chance at first, or they are going to be left with a bad taste in their mouth if they find out later, which usually leads to me being left out in the cold.

So - the way things are now, I have 2 friends left - everyone knows about me - I don't go anywhere except work, the grocery store, and my Boyfriend's house, which would be my "husband's house" if we were 'allowed' to get married - and in NC, we don't have 'civil unions', or partnership registries, or ANY laws that will protect us as a family unit. And contrary to popular belief, we don't have "all that extra money since they don't have kids" so we can't afford to move to Mass.

I would like to adopt a kid, or have one of my own with a surrogate, but I could never bring a child into this world knowing he/she would be taunted with chants of "you got 2 faggot daddies! - nah nah nah nah nah!" I think I could be a good Dad, Lord knows I was a better 'mother' to most of my friends than their own mothers, but knowing how cruel other kids can be makes me feel like it would be even more cruel of me to put a child through that. And IF I did have a kid, I would hope that it turned out straight, just so it wouldn't have to go through the same crap I did - it's not something I'd wish on my worst enemy, but I'd love it still the same no matter how it turned out

I go see a Psychiatrist for severe depression once a week now, I'm not suicidal, but I just want it to end, I don't want to wake up tomorrow knowing that I'm going to feel the same way it did today, or yesterday, or the day before that etc. . . - I don't believe I could Kill myself because the last little shred of 'Faith' I have left is that I believe if you kill someone else, or yourself, that's a one-way ticket straight to Hell. Now I can't tell you what religion I 'believe' in any more, or even if I believe that there's a Heaven or a Hell. There's so much double-talk in ALL religions, and there's too many religions to know which one is right, so I just try to be a good person and treat others like I would want to be treated IF I WERE IN THEIR SHOES!(alot of people forget that part) I don't see religion as a bad thing, but I DO see ORGANIZED religion as one of the worst things that has ever happened to mankind. As soon as a religion (E.I. common 'belief') gets organized, it's all about money and power and a hierarchy and who's worthy and who's not. That's not for me.

--------------------------------------------------------------
Oh, almost forgot to tell you about my worst experience with homophobia, but wanted to save it for near the end because it's something I almost forgot about in real life (probably because I was trying to forget it)

When I was 18, had a "friend" that I worked with who got drunk one night, and decided he was going to find out what the deal was with me not ever having a girlfriend - he got me to drive him somewhere as his "designated driver", then asked me to pull around behind a motel in the back parking lot where there were never alot of people - I assumed he was supposed to meet someone back there, but I found out he really wanted to ask me if I was a "Faggot" - I didn't really know how to answer it, I knew I liked guys, but I'd NEVER engaged in any homosexual (or heterosexual) acts - he kept questioning me and I kept saying NO! but he kept asking me and getting madder and madder at me and I could tell that he thought I was one, but that I was trying to hide it - I got ready to drive off because I thought this conversation was over, and the next thing I know, He's pulled a gun out and has it up to my head - He's drunk, and apparently pissed, I was scared as hell, I literally pissed my pants, I thought my heart was going to explode and I was frozen like a deer in headlights. He said "you'd better tell me if you're a faggot or not! and if you don’t' tell me the truth, I'm going to hurt you!" -

Just then, his girlfriend and another friend of theirs pulled up and got out of their car, they didn't know what had happened, they just pulled up assuming they were getting ready to join the group and go find a party somewhere. They came over and he got out of the truck to talk to them and I just took off - scared as hell! I don't know what he told them, and really don’t' care. I quit my job where he worked, with no reason or notice, and didn't see them anymore till after I'd moved back from college -

I'd put it out of my mind and had almost forgot about that night 'till a few years ago (about the same time the depression of the re-election/gay wars was happening) when I saw him at a baseball game and all those thoughts came back to me and I had to leave - I didn't want him to recognize me and I didn't want to tell my friends why I 'needed' to leave - I just left. I'd almost forgot (and wish I could) But now, to this very minute, not a day goes by that I don't feel that gun against my temple, and think about the way my heart was racing and how scared I was, and how close I was to having my brains splattered on the window just because someone thought I might be gay.

---------------------------------------------------
If none of the above has clarified how it must feel to be gay to those that still don't "get it" or don't "approve" or don't "agree" with it - try to imagine the following. (Can you imagine saying to a black person "I don't 'agree' with 'being black'", like it's a choice they made. :@@

Imagine, if you can - being a black person that wakes up one day, and is suddenly at a Klan Meeting with 99 other guys, He's got on the robe and hood, and no one seems to suspect that he's black - would you recommend he take of the hood? or try to 'blend in' -

Now this guy didn't choose to be there, he just went to bed one night, and when he woke up, there he was, at a Klan meeting, with no idea how or why he's there - Now this particular black person has heard statistics before that somewhere between 3 and 10 % of Klan members are actually black, and so he wants to seek out these other 'in the closet' black guys - he knows they are still wearing the robe and hood so they won't be 'outed', so he has to find out some way to tell - so he starts looking at the eyeholes in the sheets to see if he can catch a glimpse of dark skin - he thinks he's found a fellow 'hider' but he's not sure - how does he find out? - Is it the way they talk? - the way they walk? How would you tell the difference? - Now, what happens when one of the 'in the closet' black Klan members accidentally looses their hood? does he get made fun of? does he get 'reprimanded' - do they take away his membership? do they burn a cross in his yard? -do they beat him up? do they Lynch him? are there laws to protect him from being hurt? will they be enforced? Are there actually laws that say the Klan is not at fault because it's a "private" organization? It used to be that way, and in some ways it still is.

Imagine the above situation, I'm not trying to compare gay rights to the black civil rights movement, just imagine that happening - That's how just about EVERY gay person feels EVERY Minute of EVERY day, and the way I see it, there's not much hope of it ever getting better.

Even in the year 2006, when we're supposed to have flying cars and meals in a pill and traveling the stars and living on other planets, we're still pretty much just a bunch of talking monkeys flinging poo at each other - a shame really.

I’m glad to know that there are people like y’all in this thread that have stood up-right, evolved above the poo-flingers, support gays, and can say so without being afraid of being labeled a “queer-lover.”

It makes me feel a little better.

[edit on 3/15/06 by paulthefourth]

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 06:01 PM
link   
I have nothing but respect for all gay people. I support their fight for marriage and all other aspects of life we heteros tend to take for granted.
However, on the Gay Agenda side of the matter ,the situation is getting unbearable. Please understand gay citizenry perse are not pushing this agenda,Hollywood is.
Just look at this past weeks Oscar ceremonies. The number of gay related films was off the frigging chart. Capote, TransAmerica, Brokeback Mountain. It looked more like a Gay FilmFest than a supposed mainstream awards show. Hell, I was half expecting a Too Wang Foo remake this year.
I am not religious at all but the over representation of gays in our culture on television and film is an effort to break down the traditional family unit here in America. Look around, it's working!

posted on Mar, 15 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DevinS

And the gay sex illegal in Alabama, isn't that just Anti-Sodomy laws? So a guy can't even have anal sex with his girlfriend because it is illegal?

Alabama Sodomy Law

Alabama’s sodomy law was struck down by the U.S. Supreme Court on June 26, 2003, as a result of the Court’s decision in Lawrence v. Texas, No. 02-102 (U.S. June 26, 2003). Previously, Alabama’s sodomy law applied to both heterosexual and same-sex partners. Ala. Code § 13A-6-63 (2001); § 13A-6-64 (2001). Although the sodomy law did not apply to acts by consenting adults in private, homosexual conduct was criminalized under the sexual misconduct law. In the 2002 Alabama Supreme Court case Ex parte H.H., the sodomy law was used by the court to deny a lesbian mother custody of her children -- despite the holding of the intermediate court that the father verbally, emotionally and physically abused the children. In the 1996 landmark case, Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual Alliance v. Sessions, an Alabama college attempted to use the sodomy law to deny funding to a gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgender student group at a state college. The court held that the law violated the First Amendment. Ala. Code § 13A-6-65(a)(3) (2001).
Alabama Sodomy Law

[edit on 15/3/2006 by anxietydisorder]

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 12:11 AM
link   

Or may be you just have the b...to bash on Christians only and not on the others ?

Sorry I was speaking exclusively of Christians, that post was a bit biased, Im sure there is intolerance in all religions but here in America the Christian agenda is pretty much what you get fed through the media as Christianity is the ruling religion. Usually it is a preecher or pastor of some faith talking about the sin of homosexuality and how all gays will go to hell etc. I agree it may not be the most pro family lifestyle to live and I can agree that it does sort of harm the traditional family unit. However I do believe that you are what you are. If there is a God he made us all, you as a Christian and gay people as well. In short, to each his own. I wasn't targeting Christians purposefully in my previous post, it just happened to be a prominent evangelical from Oklahoma who slung anti gay rhetoric by day and solicited male prostitutes by night. I believe that gay, straight, black, yellow, green we all deserve to live a good life, free from bigotry in any fashion. I don't completely agree with the whole gay agenda myself but I do support their basic rights as humans to exist freely. Nobody has the right to tell anyone else how to live their life, and if they are adults and not harming anyone else then others should just mind their own business. Just my opinion.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 03:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA

Just look at this past weeks Oscar ceremonies. The number of gay related films was off the frigging chart. Capote, TransAmerica, Brokeback Mountain. It looked more like a Gay FilmFest than a supposed mainstream awards show.

and how many films about hetrosexuals were there

stick that in your pipe and smoke it

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 04:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I also get tired of the assumption that "gay means two men and it's horrible and unnatural, but lesbians iz hot.' For the record, my daughter gets tired of that meme, too.

actually it is sick....whether your gay or lesbo(dike) whatever!

it grosses me out to see two men together, it grosses me out to see two women together.

now, would I sit around and dwell on it? no, not really because I dont care, just keep it out of my sight.

people dont realise is the whole gay marriage issue has nothing to do with 'morality' it has everything to do with ECONOMY.

for example, statistics with insurance companies are everything, and statistically speaking gays are more likely to be carries of HIV and other diseases which is EXPENSIVE to treat.

now, as a spouse you can benefit from your's coverage, in the case with gays, one with AIDS could marry another and receive coverage from their spouse....this is a concern of the companies.

it has everything to do with MONEY and nothing to do with MORALITY....

MORALITY has been dead in this country for many years, sorry for the bad news.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 06:18 AM
link   
the question is heterophobia?do you fear of dislike hetero humans?a new word i take to the dictionary.how about this new word naturalsexuality.
soon will have the hetero dictionary and the homophobia dictionary sound confusing you bet ya.are not phobias great.do they not keep us fully grounded?

phobia
A persistent, abnormal, and irrational fear of a specific thing or situation that compels one to avoid it, despite the awareness and reassurance that it is not dangerous.
A strong fear, dislike, or aversion.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
You have voted paulthefourth for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month.

Good post Paul. You hit the feeling spot on. Take care. My belief is there are more people who don't care about gays than there are that do. It's just the ones that do have a bigger voice for some reason.

posted on Mar, 16 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by YIAWETA

I am not religious at all but the over representation of gays in our culture on television and film is an effort to break down the traditional family unit here in America. Look around, it's working!

IMO the traditional family unit has been broken down WAY before any gays were on TV. I saw a quote yesterday while on an inspection at the Smithsonian Institute. It went something like "The true breakdown of marriage is marriage itself" Something to that affect.

posted on Mar, 17 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Well, there are those who don’t want to see that homosexuals exist. They most likely don't want to know that mentally retarded and physically handicapped people exist either. And I'm sure that those same people don't want to know that most of the world is plagued by rape, domestic violence and child abuse as well.

Sometimes, I supposed, it is so much easier for them to close their eyes and stick their fingers in their ears and repeat "la, la, la, la, if I don't see it or hear about it then it doesn't exist".

Unfortunately, the biggest homophobes are those involved in some sort of christian doctrine. I have met a few decent christians in my lifetime, and I went to a private Lutheran school, but they are few and far between. Unlike the christians, the Hindus and Buddhists are very much live and let live. They don't have hang ups per say about homosexuality and they make up a huge population of the world. But then I suppose most christians don't like Hindus or Buddhists either.

As far as homosexuals being the leader in HIV, they are not. Yes, homosexuals are strongly affected, however, intravenous drug users are a large population of those suffering from HIV as are those in third world countries that poses little or no medical care and limited education regarding HIV and other diseases.

Honestly, those who have the biggest aversion to homosexuals are in the closet themselves. People who hate that much usually have something to hide. They are embarrassed and ashamed of whom they are and just are not strong enough to be honest about themselves.

And really, if homosexuality is not your cup of tea, well, it just means that you’re not a homosexual. People should really look at themselves before judging others, something about stones and glass houses and all that.

Good luck in dealing with reality,

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 18 2006 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by XphilesPhan

actually it is sick....whether your gay or lesbo(dike) whatever!

I wanted to know...XphilesPhan...is that to mean X-Files (as in the TV show) fan?

If so, it might interest you to know that Gillian Anderson (Dana Scully on the X-Files) is an outspoken advocate for Gay and Lesbian rights and has been highly recognized and honored for her work.

By the way, you spelled Dyke wrong. Unless, of course, you meant an artificially constructed wall built along a water source to prevent flooding. Then that, indeed, would be dike.

TantricWolf

posted on Mar, 28 2006 @ 11:27 PM
link   
I don't care how many names such as "homophobia" are hurled at me, I refuse to believe that homosexuality is normal. What's right or normal is NOT decided by a majority vote!

There are ex-gays out there by the way. Check out NARTH.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join